It just feels different this season

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Win at the Piggery at the weekend was like a routine league win. We never got out of 2nd gear.

Number of Shots on target against so far in the league has been low. Good number of clean sheets.

Some solid wins in Europe too and goals being chipped in from all over.

And maybe most pleasing, when some have been out, real quality has stepped in to replace and slotted in easily. Looking at Bassey, Balogun, and even Roofe here.

Morelos not firing yet, but hopefully that will come.

There is real belief coursing through this side now. Just need to get that 1st trophy over the line.

To be fair I’m not getting over excited. I get over excited every season and it ends in tears.

Just happy that we’re playing well at the moment. The thought of winning the league gives me a stauner but I will only take it seriously if we’re still in the running come 27/28 games in.

Just saying the same thing to my Dad about the quality we have coming off the bench. Feels different to me as well. Fingers crossed we kick on and see this through.

We are comfortably top of the league and off to a great start in Europe with none of our strikers really being on form. Alfie hasn't been scoring, Itten and Defoe not getting many minutes and Roofe injured. Will be even better when one or two start firing! weekly!

It feels normal. To those of us who remember and to those who have yet to experience. This is Rangers.
Yep, that feeling is definitely returning, we are told (quite rightly) not to get too far of ourselves, I have a real feeling this is our year, feels again like the days under Souness, Smith and previous to that, Wallace.
I'm not getting ahead of myself, take my word for it.

We are difficult to play against which is key.
Defensively well organised.
Also, we aren’t weakened when players come in.
Bassey, Balogun all slot in. Roofe; well enough said....

Win at the Piggery at the weekend was like a routine league win. We never got out of 2nd gear.

Number of Shots on target against so far in the league has been low. Good number of clean sheets.

And maybe most pleasing, when some have been out, real quality has stepped in to replace and slotted in easily. Looking at Bassey, Balogun, and even Roofe here.

There is real belief coursing through this side now. Just need to get that 1st trophy over the line.

I said this last year, probably about this time as well. So I'm holding my water this time, however, there is a shift in attitude in the squad, not just the team.

These last games are the way Rangers should be playing, though.

No winter break this year should help us keep momentum.

Yep, that feeling is definitely returning, we are told (quite rightly) not to get too far of ourselves, I have a real feeling this is our year, feels again like the days under Souness, Smith and previous to that, Wallace.
I'm not getting ahead of myself, take my word for it.
Rangers never get ahead of ourselves, winning is instilled in us on the pitch, without question or remark. There is a lot of noise from outside that do not want Rangers to reclaim our rightful place at the top of the pile because that will cut their pay day. We fear no foe, that much is clear.
What else is there to say.

Lets hope this keeps going. We have the Rangers mentality back and hopefully we can keep it going

Just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other in the league. This might not be popular but the tims most likely won’t collapse and will put up a decent points total purely because of how shite the diddy teams are. I’m really confident we’ll do it but not celebrating anything yet

It was only 8 years ago since we were looking at the abyss , been a long time since I’ve felt like that tonight, we’re slowly getting there bears ... Courage brother ..

It'll feel different to me if we're still rolling on like this in April and May.

Loving every minute at the moment however.

The difference between this year and last is we've got strength in depth.

Bassey coming on for Borna is a prime example

Much calmer, far fewer personal errors, and certain players stepping up. We seem far less fragile.
I can only go by my own behaviour watching games. Oddly at Ibrox I'm semi calm, but at home I'm like a demented jack in the box, but recently I've developed a Zen like calm. Can it continue?

I felt it was different this season even against Livingston and said so at the time.
Last year these teams looked like they'd score v us this year they don't. Katic was too raw and he and Goldson were a bit of a bombscare together.
Katic and Edmundson (who both are going to be top defenders) have dropped from 2/3 choice to 4/5 choice due to us strengthening. We improved in quality all over the team but the defense is solid.

Normal is putting the rest to the sword. We do that we win the title.

the filth losing to a terrible Milan side makes no difference whatsoever.

Biggest difference for me is the fact we don't rely on Morelos anymore. Last couple of years, if Alfie went off the boil.or wasn't playing, we couldn't string wins together.

This season Alfie has been pish and we've been in top form. It's near impossible to win a league if you are over reliant on 1 or 2 players. This season we have a really strong squad, quality cover in every position.

Last week the Scum were forced to change three and are still coming up with excuses.
Tonight we changed three and it didn’t faze us.
Three our at any time would be a worry but not now.
We have a real chance this year.

Hi guys I’m 37 years of age & I’m seeing everyone saying “this is Rangers“ + “My son never experienced this from us” etc...well I’m sorry I’ve never seen us play this way in Europe all my life. It was 5 @ the back, 1 striker & kill the game from minute 1.

We are playing with 3 forwards every single game, our full backs are like wingers & the combination football is a joy to be hold. I’m sorry to disagree but this is different.

I’m fucking buzzing..granted we always had the beating of Sellick in the 90’s but some times we did need an unbelievable goal from Laudrup or Gazza, a great save from Goarm or a break away goal from Super. The last 3 games against them we’ve been far superior.

I just hope & pray we can keep it going. This feels different to me & I’m loving it.

I felt it was different this season even against Livingston and said so at the time.
Last year these teams looked like they'd score v us this year they don't. Katic was too raw and he and Goldson were a bit of a bombscare together.
Katic and Edmundson (who both are going to be top defenders) have dropped from 2/3 choice to 4/5 choice due to us strengthening. We improved in quality all over the team but the defense is solid.

We now have 3 experienced CH's, 2 internationals as well. As you say it makes a massive difference. We also have 2 top keepers, wes was good, but not on the level of McLaughlin. Did we even notice Greegs was missing for a few games?

Very much a Walter team at times, that our 18yd box is our;s and no one gets in or does anything in it.

We have a great chance to go on a wining run of SPL games
Killie away always difficult coming up

our tales are up and we’re taking the game to whoever the opposition is

long may it continue

as you just know ,they will also go on a wining run

My brain won’t let me relax until I’ve seen is keep it together last January. But we can’t really ask for much more right now.

I like to keep grounded with it all but I agree with what you are saying. The last two years there have been highs that have given us all hope. Doing it over a season has been our downfall. This year though. This year seems and feels different. We have been playing some great football so far and what strikes me is the players seem hungrier and more focused. We have a team. 20+ guys that know their role and the task at hand. All playing as one unit ready and committed. More mature and serious. Obviously we won't know for sure until the end of the season but I'm more hopeful than I've been for a long long time. It's massive because I genuinely feel that this group of players achieving 55 will give them all, and us, what we need to dominate for some time.

It feels normal. To those of us who remember and to those who have yet to experience. This is Rangers.
In fairness, going away and winning well in Europe has never really been Rangers in my lifetime.

Not as consistently as we have under Gerrard anyway.

In years gone by we wouldn't have beaten Willem II, Standard and Braga as comfortably as we have done.

This feels great just now, I genuinely expect us to win and at worst I certainly don't hold any fears about losing.

In fairness, going away and winning well in Europe has never really been Rangers in my lifetime.

Not as consistently as we have under Gerrard anyway.

In years gone by we wouldn't have beaten Willem II, Standard and Braga as comfortably as we have done.

This feels great just now, I genuinely expect us to win and at worst I certainly don't hold any fears about losing.
The epitome of being Rangers.

True, but it hasn't always been this way in Europe.

Even our greatest title winning sides embarrassed us on the continent.
But that's the problem. Le Given did well in Europe and shit domestically. Not comparing Stevie G with PLG. Europe is amazing but the league is priority. I feel this season is different, but I've said that the last 3 and in truth they were, each one getting better

Much calmer, far fewer personal errors, and certain players stepping up. We seem far less fragile.
Your comment about far fewer personal errors is absolutely spot on. Previously we have been bemoaning that such and such a player made errors that led to opposition chances or goals. To date this season, with the possible exception of Easter Road, I don’t recall any similar stand out events. Long may it continue.

True, but it hasn't always been this way in Europe.

Even our greatest title winning sides embarrassed us on the continent.
I see ur point however my point is that we should fully expect to do wonderful things on the continent despite the opposition. The team that won the league and beat PSV and Parma is one of our greatest title winning sides. I am in no way comparing this team to that team, simply stating that the belief built around the success of the current team cannot be denied.
It has been absent for a very long time but now things just feel normal.

Just seems like all the pieces are clicking into place at the moment. You look at our bench and there's genuine quality there for the first time in a decade.

Just hope we have a bit of luck with injuries/Covid.

Back