Italy out of WC

Struggling with all this “it’s not the same without Italy” chat. Really don’t get it.

They’ve won one game at the WC since 2006.
Probably more to do with live tv coverage its one of the leagues that is always shown in the UK so it can take up quite a big part of peoples lives similar to EPL.

Could just my memory but cant really think of a time when Italy have ever been a great side to watch.

When they won the euros all i was thinking was a bit more belief and some luck Scotland could compete with these sides(England and Italy). It was a nice chance to go quite far blown by Clarke he was too negative just happy to be there.

Aye so Mancini no the greatest manager in the world after all.

giphy.gif

Like a couple of others, I just think it's mental to think of World Cups without teams like Italy. Hard to put a finger on it but I guess that's just the globalization of the game.

I see Turkey play Italy on Tuesday in a friendly, must have been decided that the two losers from the two matches each played in on Thursday meet each other. Bit daft, nobody going to want be there in any capacity you would have thought.

Struggling with all this “it’s not the same without Italy” chat. Really don’t get it.

They’ve won one game at the WC since 2006.
Don't get it either. Of course they're a big, successful nation, but if they can't qualify on merit it's their own fault. Mind you, I wouldn't be shocked if FIFA started looking into the qualification process to make sure countries like Italy are always involved in the World Cup in a similar way with what's happening with the Champions League. Italy would surely be a big money earner for the competition.

Don't get it either. Of course they're a big, successful nation, but if they can't qualify on merit it's their own fault. Mind you, I wouldn't be shocked if FIFA started looking into the qualification process to make sure countries like Italy are always involved in the World Cup in a similar way with what's happening with the Champions League. Italy would surely be a big money earner for the competition.
I could see that happening too, but really hope not - in a way I think the WC has even more prestige as they continue to diminish the CL and make it a closed shop.

Agree in general that I'd rather have Italy in there - as funny as it is seeing them go out I'd rather have teams like Italy in the WC that Switzerland or Serbia.

I see Turkey play Italy on Tuesday in a friendly, must have been decided that the two losers from the two matches each played in on Thursday meet each other. Bit daft, nobody going to want be there in any capacity you would have thought.
Thats part of my problem with International football now , too many pointless games.

Thats part of my problem with International football now , too many pointless games.
I like international football myself but something like this is daft. Think World Cup Qualifying is about right now but would far rather have an 8 team Euros which would make qualifying harder and more lively, nigh on impossible for a big nation to fail to qualify now, having said that I do like that more match going fans from smaller nations are getting a chance to see their country at a big comp now. Nations League probably needs scrapped though but can see why they brought it in.

Back