Euro 2020 Italy v Austria - BBC 1 20:00

Man for man, big with big, small with small and men on the posts. Only Gerrard could convince me otherwise :))
Shame it wasn't a bit earlier for the Austrians

Did Linker just sign off there apologising for how dull extra time was?

It was easily the most entertaining period of the match.

What I've took from today is Scotland arent going over to Austria or Denmark and winning therefore we wont be going to any World Cup Finals soon.
People are far too positive about Scotland’s prospects after this tournament.

Did Linker just sign off there apologising for how dull extra time was?

It was easily the most entertaining period of the match.

2015-07-28-1438125588-2688981-Fry-Sarcasm-thumb.jpg

Seems like the shitest of the shite Italian fans got tickets for Wembley, all sat down head in hands. Weird atmosphere, should be bouncing
When I seen that italian with the flag happily waving cause he was on the screen, that said it all for me.

89th minute and his team have been crap, yet he's happy to wave away. He should have been barking mad. Probably here for Wimbledon.

What I've took from today is Scotland arent going over to Austria or Denmark and winning therefore we wont be going to any World Cup Finals soon.
Given that we have already thrown away 4 points in the opening 3 games I don’t think anyone sees qualifying as a possibility

Italy will probably be written off as average after that, which is harsh. Sabitzer and Alaba are world class (or in the former's case, bordering on it) and when they turn up it's not going to be an easy game. Plenty of decent players in there too aside from them.

Most of them play in the Bundesliga. That's a huge result for the Italians no matter how you look at it.

Austrians gave a proper account of themselves there. All you can ask for.

When you can bring on subs like Cheisa and Locatelli its only going to end up one result.
Each time Italy have made those changes the players coming look hungry like the wolf. Mancini seems to have not only put together a superb team but galvanized the squad and made them all buy into his ideas. They look dangerous whoever plays and there are always big impact changes available and waiting.

Austria did play well and its good to see any team in the K/Os giving their best, keeps the tournament very fresh, but you always sensed Italy had other gears to find.

Slightly better team on the night lost that is cup football. Italy got the luck you could tell they were starting to panic when the diving started. We see much more of that and the pressure put on officials to change decisions.

I didnt understand where people were getting this hammering from it was obvious from previous group games there was no huge gap between the sides.

I find the nations with the most tv money in the tourney quite overrated i would say Denmark are the strongest but not by much.... clearly it is wide open for one of these nations to win a lot comes to luck like the VAR call in last nights game.

When i watch England or Italy or even Spain i just think its a shame whats happened to scottish football if we had some sort of plan to improve or sort out coaching theres no reason why we should be feart of any of them.

Slightly better team on the night lost that is cup football. Italy got the luck you could tell they were starting to panic when the diving started. We see much more of that and the pressure put on officials to change decisions.

I didnt understand where people were getting this hammering from it was obvious from previous group games there was no huge gap between the sides.

I find the nations with the most tv money in the tourney quite overrated i would say Denmark are the strongest but not by much.... clearly it is wide open for one of these nations to win a lot comes to luck like the VAR call in last nights game.

When i watch England or Italy or even Spain i just think its a shame whats happened to scottish football if we had some sort of plan to improve or sort out coaching theres no reason why we should be feart of any of them.
The Austrian team are essentially though a German Bundesliga select so of course they were always gonna be roughly equal to Italy.

Last edited:
The Austrian team are essentially though a German Bundesliga select so of course they were always gonna be roughly equal to Italy.

Said this yesterday that if Austria put in a good performance they can cause problems. They are a very physical team with a squad full of German soldiers.

I was gutted they went out in the end, thought an upset was on the cards.

Back