Its a vicious cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing a forward who would score the goals that win the league and get you into the champions league is well worth £4m. We missed sitters today, Shankland in the team we win.
As I've said we didn't have 4m to spend in January.

The forward line isn't brilliant, that's clear, but the issues we are having are in midfield and in the defence in particular. We conceded 3 goals to 11 place in the table ffs.

I got ridiculed in January for saying not signing Shankland was going to cost us millions. Look where we are now. Too many snobs thinking he wasn't good enough when he's more than good enough and that we would be okay without a centre forward.
Its been that way for a while now, plenty of decent SPFL players we should have went for that would have made a difference.

What post his or mine

It's our first teams training ground ffs
Sell it to whimpey aye and we'll train down the public park
Clearly missing the point. Its about what we get from the youths and , more importantly, what we don't get. This is in response in how we get ahead of the filth who are awash with cash (till the courts take it). But thanks for your participation.

Hope his thumb injury clears up for next season
So many medical experts on here. We’ve no idea why he can’t play. Doesn’t strike me as the type of player who likes to be injured. There could be 100 reasons why an operation is preventing him from playing. We don’t know the full circumstances so let’s lay off the guy.

What a fan base we are for turning on our own.

We literally had no money - i’m amazed this isn’t sinking in with everyone.
This is patently untrue when you look at the money we have committed towards Diomande. Over £4.3m is the reported fee.

That amount of money would easily have bought us Shankland.

I got ridiculed in January for saying not signing Shankland was going to cost us millions. Look where we are now. Too many snobs thinking he wasn't good enough when he's more than good enough and that we would be okay without a centre forward.
And the money to sugn him would have come from where? There's a reason we delayed payment for Diomande. No way Hearts would have agreed a similar deal.

This is patently untrue when you look at the money we have committed towards Diomande. Over £4.3m is the reported fee.

Would Hearts have agreed to a similar deal? Very much doubt it. We didn't have £4 million in Jan. The structure of Diomande deal certainly hints at that.

Its commited to in the Summer mate, not in January. You think Hearts were going to do us a loan to buy with Shankland and be resonable to deal with?

For me Shankland has shown with Scotland in the recent couple of games that he's capable of having Dessers level howlers as well. He's a decent SPFL striker but no more than that. If he's what we're pinning our hopes on then we're in more trouble than we thought.

I don't get the level of hardon for him from some of our support

We've just conceded 6 goals in two games. 3 to Ross County how is a CF the answer.

In any case, we clearly didn't have any money to spend in January and Shankland at 3/4m quid is simply not good value.
Probably not that important now but i have to say that is an amazing comment with the season he has having and the type of goals he gets in our league. Every foreign player we sign to finish 2nd seems to cost a few million so i have no idea where this idea comes from that the best Scots are not worth a similar fee.

CB has been ignored for far too long, 35 year old Balogun aside, we've went 2 windows ignoring the biggest problem area on the park.

Going by the last 2 summers we generally spend around £15m. We've already commited £4m to Diomande. If we realistically want to address the biggest issue in our team, then it means we spend the rest of it on two serious quality centre backs. Meaning no Sima. No Cortes. No marquee no.9.

Our defence isn't the biggest issue in our team, the stats show that.

The biggest issue(s) are that we have midfielders and strikers who don't score.

Its commited to in the Summer mate, not in January. You think Hearts were going to do us a loan to buy with Shankland and be resonable to deal with?

For me Shankland has shown with Scotland in the recent couple of games that he's capable of having Dessers level howlers as well. He's a decent SPFL striker but no more than that. If he's what we're pinning our hopes on then we're in more trouble than we thought.

I don't get the level of hardon for him from some of our support
He hit a shot off the bar with only the keeper to beat which every striker in the world will have done at some point, you can go on youtube and get an idea of what is finishing is like in Scottish football as clearly you have not seen much of it.

I dont think it is so much that we have a hard-on for him we just see the club spunk millions on players from tv leagues that are seldom great value, the obvious thing to do is buy players like Shankland (and Ferguson) cos he can and almost certainly will do it for Rangers against the same sides.

Probably not that important now but i have to say that is an amazing comment with the season he has having and the type of goals he gets in our league. Every foreign player we sign to finish 2nd seems to cost a few million so i have no idea where this idea comes from that the best Scots are not worth a similar fee.
It's not about whether he is foreign or not. That's of no relevance. He might be worth 4m to another club who have a good trading model and a young squad. We don't have a lot of money, we have a very old squad and Shankland wouldn't have any re-sale value. We were just not in a position to be able to spend that sort of money on him.

I see what you are saying in terms of comparing to what we paid for Lammers and Dessers but it's pretty widely accepted that they have been disastrous signings.

Clement has over delivered with this squad. It's the thought that he turned things around that gave us hope. A victim of his own success.

It would've been much worse under Lampard in my opinion but he would've been blamed on Beale's mess.

It's not about whether he is foreign or not. That's of no relevance. He might be worth 4m to another club who have a good trading model and a young squad. We don't have a lot of money, we have a very old squad and Shankland wouldn't have any re-sale value. We were just not in a position to be able to spend that sort of money on him.

I see what you are saying in terms of comparing to what we paid for Lammers and Dessers but it's pretty widely accepted that they have been disastrous signings.
He is 28 ofcourse he could move again if he has some success there is no reason why the club would not get a decent return in future. Then there is CL money which many of us think we would have collected with a top class finisher.

The big problem with this trading model people focus on every day is that you need the foreign players to come in and be real quality, it sounds great but its probably a lot tougher than just checking stats sites online and watching lots of tv leagues closely. Guys like Raskin and Yilmaz for example only have about 2 or 3 excellent performances between them.

All our January business was loans or loans with options/obligations to buy.

The club is clearly now run within a very corporate structure, I think it's clear Bisgrove has been told to be self sufficient, live within our means and make the books balance at the end of the season. It appears the days of relying on investors plugging the gaps are over, as they should be imo. Investment should be going into infrastructure and the likes, not getting wasted covering the day to day running of the club.

It's clear we had no room to manoeuvre when it came to transfer budget in January. If Hearts wanted money up front for Shankland so they could buy a replacement, as they have every right to demand, we literally had no chance of completing a deal.

You could maybe argue we should have looked for loan to buy options for a striker elsewhere, but I think we had big hopes for Silva in that area and it hasn't worked out that way.

He hit a shot off the bar with only the keeper to beat which every striker in the world will have done at some point, you can go on youtube and get an idea of what is finishing is like in Scottish football as clearly you have not seen much of it.

I dont think it is so much that we have a hard-on for him we just see the club spunk millions on players from tv leagues that are seldom great value, the obvious thing to do is buy players like Shankland (and Ferguson) cos he can and almost certainly will do it for Rangers against the same sides.
Its all well and good saying lets not spunk millions on players from foreign leagues and buy from the SPFL. We would be charged silly money by SPFL teams.

Hearts have previous for playing funny buggers over Jamie Walker (asking for £1m from us and then selling to the EFL for £600k) and John Souttar. I think paying £4m for a 30yo striker in Scotland is mental. Ferguson gets mentioned constantly and Aberdeen would never have sold him to us for the price they charged Bologna.

Dessers for all the pelters he gets is on the same number of goals as Celtic's top scorer (O'Riley) and two ahead of the Japanese diver. This is for context this season. Shankland has scored 21 but he is Hearts' nominated penalty taker as well.

For me, I don't think Shankland is the answer. I think Miovski would be a better investment as he is several years younger, but again Aberdeen would want silly money and would more than likely sell him to another team for less money, in order that they don't sell him to us (see Scott Allan) as their fans would go apeshit.

Usually true. However even with our recent howlers we still have (statistically) the best defence in the league, and I bet we end the season with it also.

We simply don’t score enough and haven’t for years.
Agree with this. Dessers goal return is not where we would like our main striker to be, but he will finish with more goals that any of our strikers have managed for many years. Our midfield also don't score anywhere near enough goals. Sima has been a welcome massive upgrade on Kent in terms of goals from out wide.

We basically rely on our right back scoring the number of goals that should be spread through the midfield. It's mental.

You’ve been desperate to post this haven’t you.
:rolleyes:

Get what we can for Tav, Goldson, Dowell, Lawrence, Davies, Dessers, Lammers, Wright and Matondo. Maybe Hagi as well.

Release Lundstrum, Jack, Roofe, Balogun, Borna, McLaughlin.

Maybe £15mil in transfer fees if we are lucky with a Saudi team paying a decent chunk for Tav. Stop handing out daft contracts and you are looking at another £5m in saved wages at least. Add that to our £15m annual spend we have around £35m to spend and basically a clean slate wagebill to play with.

15 players out, however half of them have barely contributed in minutes played. 8 players signed on £4-5m each, couple of bosmans and then loans to plug the gaps.

I appreciate this is pure wild fantasy and won't ever happen but I can always dream.
Living the Dream ☺️

So many medical experts on here. We’ve no idea why he can’t play. Doesn’t strike me as the type of player who likes to be injured. There could be 100 reasons why an operation is preventing him from playing. We don’t know the full circumstances so let’s lay off the guy.

What a fan base we are for turning on our own.
Grow up FFs it was a joke, but you already know that.

Its all well and good saying lets not spunk millions on players from foreign leagues and buy from the SPFL. We would be charged silly money by SPFL teams.

Hearts have previous for playing funny buggers over Jamie Walker (asking for £1m from us and then selling to the EFL for £600k) and John Souttar. I think paying £4m for a 30yo striker in Scotland is mental. Ferguson gets mentioned constantly and Aberdeen would never have sold him to us for the price they charged Bologna.

Dessers for all the pelters he gets is on the same number of goals as Celtic's top scorer (O'Riley) and two ahead of the Japanese diver. This is for context this season. Shankland has scored 21 but he is Hearts' nominated penalty taker as well.

For me, I don't think Shankland is the answer. I think Miovski would be a better investment as he is several years younger, but again Aberdeen would want silly money and would more than likely sell him to another team for less money, in order that they don't sell him to us (see Scott Allan) as their fans would go apeshit.
You have absolutely no idea what teams would or would not sell for but i understand how quickly people write off any Scottish players and how much time, patience and respect foreign players or even guys from Englands 2nd league, recieve.

Aberdeen and Hearts would have a huge issue if Rangers went for Ferguson or Shankland as both are supporters that would be desperate to sign.

If anyone had said Shankland would get around 25 goals for Hearts at the start of the season folk would say no chance our strikers dont even get that amount. He could probably get even more than that in a full season at Ibrox.

You have absolutely no idea what teams would or would not sell for but i understand how quickly people write off any Scottish players and how much time, patience and respect foreign players or even guys from Englands 2nd league, recieve.

Aberdeen and Hearts would have a huge issue if Rangers went for Ferguson or Shankland as both are supporters that would be desperate to sign.

If anyone had said Shankland would get around 25 goals for Hearts at the start of the season folk would say no chance our strikers dont even get that amount. He could probably get even more than that in a full season at Ibrox.
Mate, I'm simply going by what's happened previously when we've tried to sign players from SPFL clubs.

Jamie Walker - Hearts demanded £1m from us and sold to Bradford for £600k
John Souttar - Hearts refused to do an early deal after Souttar had signed pre-contract
Jordan Jones - Killie did the same as Hearts
Glen Kamara - Dundee were the only side to act professionally and dealt with us
Scott Allan - Big Rangers fan had his career ruined by Stubbs who sold him to the filth so he could say he didn't sell to us.
Scott Wright - Aberdeen were getting a better player in Ross McCrorie in exchange.

Ferguson and Shankland would be in the exact same boat as Scott Allan. Given Aberdeen's hatred for us, theres no way they sell Ferguson, Miovski or any of their top players to us without attempting to rob us blind. The player being a big Rangers fan will mean absolutely nothing to the selling club.

According to Beale we were close to a zero net spend last summer. So I'm unsure as to where the £15m is coming from. I'm also unsure as to who we can sell that will drum up even a total of £10m (leaving out Butland and Cantwell).

With FFP the best we can expect is to free up a good hunk of wages and be canny in the loan and low end market.

Last Sunday afternoon was a lot of hope and financial expectation kicked roundly to the kerb.

Mate, I'm simply going by what's happened previously when we've tried to sign players from SPFL clubs.

Jamie Walker - Hearts demanded £1m from us and sold to Bradford for £600k
John Souttar - Hearts refused to do an early deal after Souttar had signed pre-contract
Jordan Jones - Killie did the same as Hearts
Glen Kamara - Dundee were the only side to act professionally and dealt with us
Scott Allan - Big Rangers fan had his career ruined by Stubbs who sold him to the filth so he could say he didn't sell to us.
Scott Wright - Aberdeen were getting a better player in Ross McCrorie in exchange.

Ferguson and Shankland would be in the exact same boat as Scott Allan. Given Aberdeen's hatred for us, theres no way they sell Ferguson, Miovski or any of their top players to us without attempting to rob us blind. The player being a big Rangers fan will mean absolutely nothing to the selling club.
Every team in football will look for the best deal possible you dont really think Rangers have never overpaid or even been stung by clubs outside Scotland ?

I doubt many of us thought Bassey or Patterson were worth the kind of money Rangers recieved.

The player being a Rangers fan would mean quite a lot when he tells them to take the cash cos he is not going anywhere else and they might end up with an unhappy player.

According to Beale we were close to a zero net spend last summer. So I'm unsure as to where the £15m is coming from. I'm also unsure as to who we can sell that will drum up even a total of £10m (leaving out Butland and Cantwell).

With FFP the best we can expect is to free up a good hunk of wages and be canny in the loan and low end market.

Last Sunday afternoon was a lot of hope and financial expectation kicked roundly to the kerb.
Did someone order a truckload of salt?

Clement is the kind of man we should have went for post Warburton.

I loved Gerrard and he gave us the best title celebration ever but an experienced manager should have been appointed and backed in 2017.

That's really the root cause of all of this.
Aye it should’ve been Clement or Mourinho or maybe even Guardiola if he fancied it!

We weren’t attracting guys like Clement back then. Gerrard was the correct appointment.

Every team in football will look for the best deal possible you dont really think Rangers have never overpaid or even been stung by clubs outside Scotland ?

I doubt many of us thought Bassey or Patterson were worth the kind of money Rangers recieved.

The player being a Rangers fan would mean quite a lot when he tells them to take the cash cos he is not going anywhere else and they might end up with an unhappy player.
Of course they will but we get ripped off because we're Rangers and other Scottish teams/fans don't want to sell their players to us because they hate us.

I'm talking in the context of when folk say 'stop buying expensive foreign duds when we could sign Shankland/Ferguson instead'. It's simply not realistic to think that we'd get a better quality player cheaper from Scotland than any 'foreign dud' that we've signed. Simply because we have to pay a 'Rangers Tax' on any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back