It's mental down at Newcastle v Spurs today

Went with the Father in law and Bro In Law yesterday, Bro In Law's first game in a decade because of Ashley

Every single person we spoke to said it was a celebration of Ashley being gone, huge change in atmosphere round the whole city before and after the game.

Went with the Father in law and Bro In Law yesterday, Bro In Law's first game in a decade because of Ashley

Every single person we spoke to said it was a celebration of Ashley being gone, huge change in atmosphere round the whole city before and after the game.
He certainly has that effect

It has only been a week or so and already all of these Araba are making the pilgrimage to St James"s Park.
Amazing!

Instead they get taught fucking Drama.

I think they'll sack him soon, and bring in someone to stabilise them until the January window opens.

They basically need to limp through the next 10 weeks or so and focus on dropping as few points as possible.

After that they get a chance to open the cheque-book and bring in the cavalry. With a big spend, a fresh start, new owners, a fresh mindset and Arab money, they will have lofty ambitions.

Playing in the EPL with a new squad of quality players will attract a huge number of interested candidates, and it's no surprise that Stevie G's name is being linked with the new regime and the new set up.

Let's not forget, Chelsea were also-rans (1 League title and a few League / FA Cups) before Abramovich arrived; and Leicester City even less than that. It's incredible, the new life a few hundred million can breathe into a tired old club.

The New Newcastle story is only just beginning.
You don't get top quality players, or very few in the January window.

As Danny Murphy said last night, and I happened to agree, (not that what I think matters) is that they need a few top class loans in. No one of a certain standard is going to commit full time to a club that has a chance of being relegated.

Possibly players, who are out in the burbs at their own club, and who might look at showing Newcastle, getting a feel for the city, and what they have to offer with a view to a full time gig summer if they stay up.

As Danny Murphy said last night, and I happened to agree, (not that what I think matters) is that they need a few top class loans in. No one of a certain standard is going to commit full time to a club that has a chance of being relegated.

Possibly players, who are out in the burbs at their own club, and who might look at showing Newcastle, getting a feel for the city, and what they have to offer with a view to a full time gig summer if they stay up.
I agree with Murphy to an extent - but none of us has a crystal ball. Money talks, partucularly in the modern game. Whether the new signings are loans or permanent deals, Newcastle will have a sizeable transfer budget and that will always attract suitors. It's up to the manager to convince them to buy into the dream vision.

Not that I’ve heard mate. Although me and my mates made up one in 1976 after hearing the song in the Blackpool Bier Keller. It never caught on :-(

We could try again?

"Going along the Copland Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooad, to see the Glasgow Rangers, oh me lads..."

Billy Gilmour??

How many players will the get in January, and sell, and how long till they settle? That, coupled with the fact that every team is going to raise their game against them could make it difficult for them this season.
I feel that the bottom half of the league in particular will be inspired to work at sending them down. That would give everyone another season without facing this overwhelming financial advantage.

It's a bit of a giggle which I think they are allowed after getting rid of Ashley.
Not according to kick it out :oops:

Back