ITV4 to show La Liga games starting from this weekend

rangeral

Watch La Liga live on ITV4 every week until the end of the season starting with Levante's clash with giants Real Madrid

La Liga matches will be shown, free to air, on ITV4 from this weekend in a new deal announced by the broadcaster today.

Starting on Sunday with Levante v Real Madrid, weekly matches will be shown, along with a midweek highlights programme.

The best of the action from La Liga, including games involving Spanish footballing giants such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, will feature in ITV4’s coverage until the end of the season in May.

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said: “This is good news for football fans who will be able to see on free to air television some of the world’s best players in action for some of the world’s biggest clubs in a league known for its high levels of skill and entertainment from now until the end of the season.”

This new deal adds to ITV Sport’s portfolio of first-class events, which includes exclusive free to air coverage of the England football team’s qualifiers for both the European Championship and World Cup, the 6 Nations and exclusive coverage of the Rugby World Cup, top level boxing, UK horse racing, the Tour de France and the French Open.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least those who still pay their licence fee can still watch the boat race as it's all that rancid organisation have left

ITV and ITV 4 in particular are becoming big players in showing top class sport. They have the Tour de France and have the contract for Racing. Wouldn't it be great if they picked up the contract for Scottish Football. OK! Maybe not top class, but wouldn't seeing all the agenda monkeys at Pacific Quay getting their jotters.

Great news. Haven't seen a La Liga game since Eleven Sports got it, I've missed it.

Do eleven Sports have any exclusive content left?

Don't think so

They still have the rights to show 9 of 10 La liga games live, the UK blackout prevent them from showing the Saturday 3,15pm game

Premier Sports have agreed a deal to show 4 of these games as well and now ITV have stuck a deal to show the La Liga

This is the last weekend they can show Serie A and Eredivisie which currently simulcast with Premier Sports

Don't think so

They still have the rights to show 9 of 10 La liga games live, the UK blackout prevent them from showing the Saturday 3,15pm game

Premier Sports have agreed a deal to show 4 of these games as well and now ITV have stuck a deal to show the La Liga

This is the last weekend they can show Serie A and Eredivisie which currently simulcast with Premier Sports

Glad I got my refund from them when I did :)

I was quite behind the idea of Eleven Sports.

£5.99 to watch Italian, Spanish and Dutch football seemed like a fair enough price.

I'm surprised (to an extent) that the Italian and Spanish games weren't that much of a money maker for BT Sport or Sky. Obviously if they were, they'd have put more effort into securing them.

£5.99 to watch Italian, Spanish and Dutch football seemed like a fair enough price.

I'm surprised (to an extent) that the Italian and Spanish games weren't that much of a money maker for BT Sport or Sky. Obviously if they were, they'd have put more effort into securing them.

Having multiple “cheap” broadcasters is never good for the paying public as all these monthly subs add up

It just proves no one really subscribes to watch these leagues

As part of a package I'd watch it but I wouldn't pay solely for the pleasure

I do miss a bit of la liga on a Sunday night now the NFL season is over

I’d have paid it if it wasn’t streaming.

Anyone know will it be the same time slot every week or will it be random matches? Only downside is a most of the huge matches seem to be at 3.15pm on a Saturday now to catch the Asian audience.

I’d have paid it if it wasn’t streaming.

Anyone know will it be the same time slot every week or will it be random matches? Only downside is a most of the huge matches seem to be at 3.15pm on a Saturday now to catch the Asian audience.

Other than 3.15pm slot it is not known if is the same slot every week however safe to say that the games involving Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will mostly feature where possible

Next weekend it is Real Madrid v Barcelona on Saturday night however one problem is that ITV4 are covering the UK Open Darts all weekend so it will be interesting to see which game they cover

6kNQX65.gif

This is fantastic. I’ve missed the Spanish football, I haven’t had much time to watch football so have really only bothered with our games. But seeing as it’s free I’ll make the time for this.

Quite possible since it only got announced a few hours ago it still has to be updated
Its on the normal channel listings, but not the HD channel. In fact, looking at the HD channel its all rather bizarre. It has the same show order as the normal channel, but there are some differences in the length of the shows .

Also good to note that Freesports (Freeview channel 64) has a bunch of Serie A, French Cup and Eredivisie games until the end of the season.

Weird combo, but Lazio v Udinese is on tomorrow night at 7.25

Back