Jack Wilshire talks about rangers move during interview

Generally because they play with crap players . Other than the OF there's not a team in Scotland that would crack it in the Championship
Agreed. Outwith us and the mentally challengeds the rest of the league is generally League 1 standard in England, at best. Hamilton etc would be average in League 2.

To be fair, we don't suit his style of football so I can understand why we wouldn't be his "first choice".

If he is serious about playing at a high level then he needs to suck it up, go over to Portugal or the Netherlands where the game is far less physical where the game would suit his technical abilities and rebuild his reputation.

I don't think that's going to happen, though. In my opinion, he has the look of a man with no fight left and someone who will gladly accept a bunch of money to plod around at the bottom of the English Championship as a desperation signing by Derby.

He was asked the question FS.

The reactions on this thread to this interview are confirmation of how fickle fans are. They believe that all footballers should think about the Rangers the way they do and how dare anyone think otherwise.

Where in my post did I say any of that? He should have been more diplomatic with his answer, imo that’s all.

Where in my post did I say any of that? He should have been more diplomatic with his answer, imo that’s all.
All we ever get from footballers is diplomatic, cliche stuff. Refreshing to hear a player give an honest view.

Wilshere plays with his heart on his sleeve - what you see is what you get. And he provides honesty off the pitch. I admire that. Give me that anytime over the overly media trained stuff anyday.

His first sentence totally put me off. Only interested because of Gerrard. Even Gerrard said he couldn't turn us down. Something clearly lost on Wiltshire. No thanks.

"Only becauseof Gerrard"

"Wouldn't be my first choice"

If anyone still wants him after that then yer a f4nny. Sorry, has to be said.
GTF.

"Only becauseof Gerrard"

"Wouldn't be my first choice"

If anyone still wants him after that then yer a f4nny. Sorry, has to be said.
GTF.
Many players came to Rangers because of Souness.

Many of the Dutch lads came purely because of Advocaat.

A number of our players are here because of Gerrard.

This is not a new thing.

Last edited:
Don't need? Did you see our bench on Thursday?? As we have seen, all it takes is a couple of injuries and we are severely lacking. AND Steven Davis cannot go on forever.

Whatever happens, our manager will be continually looking to strengthen. He has to.
dont need him, in that case play the youngsters, dont agree with wasting loads of money on someone whose not even wanting to play for us.

All we ever get from footballers is diplomatic, cliche stuff. Refreshing to hear a player give an honest view.

Wilshere plays with his heart on his sleeve - what you see is what you get. And he provides honesty off the pitch. I admire that. Give me that anytime over the overly media trained stuff anyday.
Don’t think you’d have the same attitude if one of our current players hit out with that they are only here because of the Gaffer and Rangers wouldn’t be his first choice of club to represent.

Wilshire a resounding tadger and wouldn't get into our starting xi so what's the point? Wouldn't fit the system imo, would drain the salary pot and offer nothing in terms of resell value.

Quite glad he did that interview so we can put the speculation to bed.

That's good to know Jack however no offer has been made and won't be now so fűck off and go and be injured somewhere else.

Why should he be all over it?

He's clearly no affiliation to Rangers and doesn't see Scottish football as his preferred league to play in.

People that wanted him months ago are now enraged because of an interview where he never blew smoke up Rangers arse and labelled us the greatest club in world football. Laughable.

We didn't need Wilshere four months ago and we don't need him now.
He clearly hasn’t played football in a while and if an opportunity came along to play and get himself noticed again then IMO he should be grasping that opportunity not basically shit it down as it wouldn’t be his first choice as he can’t be having any offers or he would be playing mate

It's a resounding no from me and you've got to consider the personalities you are bringing into the club too - one bad apple can seriously derail matters.

Was keen initially, after listening to that No thanks, we’ve got better already and would be doing him a favour not the other way round!!

Back