Jake Hastie

lordlucanrfc

Just checked after seeing he came on as a sub tonight and realised he hasn't played a full game for Motherwell since rejoining them on loan. Not looking too good for his hopes of making it at Ibrox

He's been rotten every time I've ever seen him play, very strange signing
Sick and tired of this "strange signing" line.

He was 19, playing well and regularly in the league, looked a very good prospect and we brought him in on a nominal development fee.

It definitely hasn't worked out yet, but dont pretend like it was some baffling decision from the scouting team. It made perfect sense.

He was 19, playing well and regularly in the league, looked a very good prospect and we brought him in on a nominal development fee.

It definitely hasn't worked out yet, but dont pretend like it was some baffling decision from the scouting team. It made perfect sense.

Why don’t these guys ever tell us it’s a strange signing at the time?

They always wait till months down the line when there’s signs it might not work out before offering their pearls of wisdom.

Just checked after seeing he came on as a sub tonight and realised he hasn't played a full game for Motherwell since rejoining them on loan. Not looking too good for his hopes of making it at Ibrox

I know it's not popular to do it but I've written him off long ago. He doesnt look good enough to play for Motherwell never mind rangers.

They always wait till months down the line when there’s signs it might not work out before offering their pearls of wisdom.
When we were signing him there was people genuinely bricking it incase he went to the poets he's still a young guy with lots of development left in him plenty of time to come good

That's not true, at the time they were gutted, hence the reason they slated him for choosing us, you're rewriting history.

The majority of my mates are motherwell season ticket holders and each of them to a man couldn't believe we were picking him up after 14 league games

They slated him for refusing to sign a new contract when he had already verbally agreed to

That's not true, at the time they were gutted, hence the reason they slated him for choosing us, you're rewriting history.

The rewriting of history is fucking chronic man and genuinely appears to be deliberate. They were raging at him.

Seen him against Ross County and he didn't get past the 19 year old debutant he was up against once.

There were plenty that said so at the time of his signing.

Will be surprised if he plays for us again.

In the cup game at Inverness last season he looked lost. His confidence had taken a big bump.

I agree with another poster though, get him out of Motherwell and let him go to a club that will put him in the first team as he needs to play and not resting his arse on the bench.

The signing of an average SPFL player from an average SPFL team ends with that average SPFL player returning to that average SPFL team.

I think I've heard this one before.

It needs to stop.

The signing of an average SPFL player from an average SPFL team ends with that average SPFL player returning to that average SPFL team.

I think I've heard this one before.

It needs to stop.
You could easily substitute that for a mediocre foreign team and we'd have never signed Morelos.
Or we could have had McArthur and Robertson for a lowball fee on the flip side.

We can't spend 4 million plus on everyone we buy, so some are going to work and others won't.

Decent weeks? need decent/ good seasons.
Just wont make it at us, our levels are a lot higher than we were under the previous 3 managers.
Hopefully you’re right mate.

I like the idea of hungry young Scottish guys about the place , we maybe in the Scottish cup semi finals still if we’d showed some good old fashioned fight at tynecastle.

Hopefully you’re right mate.

I like the idea of hungry young Scottish guys about the place , we maybe in the Scottish cup semi finals still if we’d showed some good old fashioned fight at tynecastle.
We forget it needs to be constant to win leagues.
Mccalls , goughs etc.
Them that reminisce about rossiter and a 5 each game and a mccrorie and docherty, dorrans , murphy having 2 good games heads are in the clouds.

You could easily substitute that for a mediocre foreign team and we'd have never signed Morelos.
Or we could have had McArthur and Robertson for a lowball fee on the flip side.

We can't spend 4 million plus on everyone we buy, so some are going to work and others won't.

Nah, it doesn't really work like that. Like it or not, Celtic have been utterly dominant over the past 3 seasons, and no other SPFL side has got anywhere near them. Unlike signing Scottish players who had at least done something in the country (Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker, Kris Boyd, Stevie Naismith, even Kirk Broadfoot) we're signing SPFL players with next-to-no success in this country and expecting them to deliver something for us that they were unable to deliver for their previous teams (this was the main reason lots of people didn't want McInnes as manager) - Hastie, Docherty, Stewart, Barker, Jones, Kamberi are all, being kind, sub-average players, with little to no future at the club outside of squad appearances.

Some signings do work, and others don't, but the signings of Scottish/British/SPFL players by Gerrard and his team definitely hasn't worked. Has even one of them approached something looking like success?

The club are being smart with these players, get them on a free.. Send them on loan, and if they do well they either get added to the squad or we sell for 500k

Really low risk

We forget it needs to be constant to win leagues.
Mccalls , goughs etc.
Them that reminisce about rossiter and a 5 each game and a mccrorie and docherty, dorrans , murphy having 2 good games heads are in the clouds.
I’m not following your logic mate ,

Our squad has definitely improved , but there’s still questions to be answered , Gough & McCall had teammates that will barely be remembered but they still played a part , it’s up to this squad to win a trophy , then to back it up . Only Davis & greegys are proven .

Unfortunately quite some way from the level we should be looking at. Won’t wear our shirt again, pretty sure of that.

He was side-by-side with Turnbull in the spring of 2019. mentally challengeds paid 3m for Turnbull we paid next to nothing for Hastie. It hasn't worked out for Hastie, but let's not kid on that he was a huge investment that has been wasted. Still a young lad.

The club are being smart with these players, get them on a free.. Send them on loan, and if they do well they either get added to the squad or we sell for 500k

Really low risk

I don't completely agree that players in this bracket are low risk. If they turn out to be haddies then they can actually be a nightmare to get rid of, taking up space in the squad.

I’m not following your logic mate ,

Our squad has definitely improved , but there’s still questions to be answered , Gough & McCall had teammates that will barely be remembered but they still played a part , it’s up to this squad to win a trophy , then to back it up . Only Davis & greegys are proven .
I know what i mean but its not coming across rightly.
I think for me sentiment has gone out the window and just want back to the old ways.
Monkey of the back and all that

The boy just needs a wee run in a team get some first team games behind him, he might be going through a confidence crisis but he's still very young.

Plenty of time to turn it around, people writing him off already.

He's 21 FS

I know what i mean but its not coming across rightly.
I think for me sentiment has gone out the window and just want back to the old ways.
Monkey of the back and all that
Hopefully you’re right mate .

I did have high hopes for mcrorie & Docherty & wish them both well , I feel that we’ve took our eye off of the future a bit , but I concede the present is more important just now .

Hopefully you’re right mate .

I did have high hopes for mcrorie & Docherty & wish them both well , I feel that we’ve took our eye off of the future a bit , but I concede the present is more important just now .
I would love it if Rangers fans made it as players.
But knew a couple if years ago these 2 wouldnt do it.
Maybe no place for sentiment at present.

Back