Jake hastie

StaunchGer54

Worth a punt? Available for a pre contract.

20 years old, left footed right winger!

Last edited:
Two or three good games and they are automatically good enough for us to sign?

The expectations at Motherwell are a lot less than what they are at rangers. Middleton who has been excellent in his first full season has received a vast amount of criticism since his form dipped. He has now bee regarded as another Gregg Wylde etc. Middleton is 100% better than these players.

Two or three good games and they are automatically good enough for us to sign?

The expectations at Motherwell are a lot less than what they are at rangers. Middleton who has been excellent in his first full season has received a vast amount of criticism since his form dipped. He has now bee regarded as another Gregg Wylde etc. Middleton is 100% better than these players.
I'm not suggesting he'll come in and be a first team regular. However if he does have good potential and if our scouting staff rate him then now would be a good time to make a move.

I dont think him or his family would like him to play for rangers.
If he was deemed good enough by Gerrard, and he certainly looks worth signing and loaning back out Christie style to me, this makes it less likely he’d choose us over other options but plenty have crossed the divide when an offer has been put on the table.

If he was deemed good enough by Gerrard, and he certainly looks worth signing and loaning back out Christie style to me, this makes it less likely he’d choose us over other options but plenty have crossed the divide when an offer has been put on the table.
Beyond MoJo and Miller(technically), I can't think of one of them ever being a successful signing for us.

His style of right winger is exactly the type we need to find. A left footed right winger who cuts inside and scores goals. It's still very early days with him so who knows how good he is. There's no doubt he has been very impressive though in recent weeks.

And Chris Burke, there are plenty who’ve done well and if there weren’t it wouldn’t matter.
Personally I think that hatred has ramped up to the point where I can't see one of them giving their all for us ever again

Do you know the family?

If he's related to the Hasties of Motherwell that were top amateur boxers, then he's a heavy Shettleston.

I don't know that he is, but it's quite an uncommon name.

Looks a good prospect though.

Personally I think that hatred has ramped up to the point where I can't see one of them giving their all for us ever again
I think the hatred has ramped up and it makes it less likely they’d sign, once they did self-interest and money is the best natural motivator man has and it would take over.

We need more width in the last 3rd of the pitch and not another player who wants to come inside in that area. This makes it easier to defend as the other team pack the 18 yard box and reduces space for our strikers. I am hoping that Jordan Jones does not have similar difficulty playing against a 10 man defence.

Hull Leeds and Norwich are supposedly having a look at him. Wouldn't hurt if we scouted him a bit

Know the lad well
The comment of being on loan at Alloa and Airdrie hes a young player and was needing game time and both these clubs have helped with his development. The jump from u20s to first team is massive hence the loan periods. Hes gone into the MFC first team on merit and deserves his chance. On his contract talks at MFC in his words they are miles away.

Do you know the family?

Not true mate. Good mates with his uncle. He came over and trained my team a few times. Cracking boy. At the time of him going in full time he was on rangers radar and felt it would be best to go to Motherwell. Very sensible boy who could have went to boxing as well as a profession.

We should be hoovering up any Scottish talent on free contracts and developing them. Risk free if they don't work out.

If he's related to the Hasties of Motherwell that were top amateur boxers, then he's a heavy Shettleston.

I don't know that he is, but it's quite an uncommon name.

Looks a good prospect though.

He is.They are.

Nice kid by all accounts but would much prefer a move to the dark side. Signing a new contract this week at Motherwell.

Turnbull on the other hand...

He is.They are.

Nice kid by all accounts but would much prefer a move to the dark side. Signing a new contract this week at Motherwell.

We missed the boat with Turnbull, he signed a new contract back in January. I think Turnbull looks an excellent prospect. My mate is a Motherwell season-ticket holder and has been watching them for the last 50 years or more. He claims Turnbull is more developed at his age than the likes of McCulloch, McFadden, Murphy etc. He is really excited by him and doubts they will be able to keep him beyond the Summer.

Hastie looks exciting in what little we've seen of him but Turnbull is the better prospect I think.

He is.They are.

My mum and her family are all from Motherwell and when she was going to Dalziel High the Hasties of that generation were all at Our Lady's High.

All were mentally challenged fans, but were keener on boxing than football.

He looks a decent prospect and has a brilliant strike on him and scored a few screamers, those turning their noses up because he is at Motherwell should look at the impact Kamara has had so far coming from Dundee.

Different players yes but we should stop turning our noses up at local talent from smaller clubs, they have done well for us through the years and for small fees are very low risk.

No idea if he is good enough or will be good enough in the future but we should definitely be looking to sign the best young Scottish players.

To be totally objective on Hastie he would be daft to leave Motherwell at that age only 6 months after breaking into the team.

Must admit Motherwell are doing really well right now bringing through younger players.

Turnbull, Hastie and Campbell off the top of my head look like potentially really good SPL players, sometimes those players are good enough to make the step up but even if they aren't its good to see them improve the league with young Scottish talent rather than lower league journeymen players IMO.

See you, get aff here your input is fuukin crap

And don't ask me why, read your fuukin contribution tae this thread.

Back