Jamie Murphy

I’m not convinced he is done. He won’t play for us this season however. I’d loan him out to somewhere he is guaranteed football and see where we are at end of the season. Maybe a hamilton or even a dundee in lower tier. He needs competitive games then we can assess if he can contribute again.

Not even good enough to get in our squad.

Another one who has to go.
comments like this are poor. our squad is playing well at the moment, it doesn't mean that he is shite. he was chipping in with goals before his injury on a terrible pitch. bit more context needed than "he is pish, sell"

Needs to play every week to get his sharpness back, then in the summer a decision can be made

Think him and Windass were much the same. I didn't think either were as bad or as good as posters on here wanted them to be. He became better in the minds of a lot on here the longer he was out injured.

Think him and Windass were much the same. I didn't think either were as bad or as good as posters on here wanted them to be. He became better in the minds of a lot on here the longer he was out injured.

I'm glad this thread is discussing JM all the same

I'd hate to still have JW on our books -
& I can't see these posts would arrive at anywhere near the same conclusions - of course

He's probably one of our higher earners, should be let go asap.

Sad that it hasn't worked out

The injury really must've finished him...it's the only explanation for him not getting a look in whilst Barker and Ojo do.

Do find it quite strange that Gerrard brought him on as a sub a couple of months ago if he had no intention of playing him going forward.

I liked Murphy, thought he was a decent player and good pro, but I kind of held his performance in the 3-2 defeat to them at Ibrox against him. This is probably quite harsh but when they went down to 10 I was looking to him as an experienced player to kind of take the initiative and go for it but felt he went a bit missing. It changed my view on him slightly as perhaps not being one for the big occasion.

He wasnt the only player who shat the bed that day but always felt he was the one who could have maybe delivered.

Again I've probably looked back on that too harshly so wont be upset if people viewed it differently

I think he could do with a loan to a club that he is pretty much guaranteed to start every game so he can get a run of games under his belt. We then assess him in preseason in the summer.

I liked him as a player but to be honest I dont think he fits in to our style of play now.

He was never a quick player and the way we play is quick and direct.

He is now the wrong side of 30 so the best thing for all concerned is a loan move till the summer and then sell him on.

He's a good player but like others such as Doc he doesn't fit into the system we now play. Management clearly prefer the front three to be fast and mobile. Unfortunate for Jamie and anyone slagging him needs to look at themselves.

We are lucky to have the management team we have who know exactly what they want.

Still would've played Jamie over Barker though :))

I assume due to him not featuring at all yesterday, when the likes of Docherty did, he must be on Gerrards list to be headed out this month? A shame IMO, because I think he offers a goal threat and in general offers more than Barker.

I would imagine he would be on decent wages too, so perhaps this is why we would be keen to move him on?

I think that tell's you his days are numbered with us, i think he'll land back at Motherwell, which i think wouldn't be a bad move for him.
And in regards to Barker, i just don't think he's good enough to make it at Rangers.I don't think he'll be with us long.imo.

Marvin_andrews_loyal never has a good word to say about anyone.

His absence was noticeable after the game on 29th, he clearly couldn’t think of anything negative to say.

Best ignored.

He was decent enough prior to his injury. Since then though we have improved immeasurably. Would he have been able to hold down a place in the squad without that injury? Possibly but he would have been a fringe player at best.

Unfortunate timing for his serious injury,whether he would be able to get a game now or near future is debatable.there is some ahead of him whom are not totally convincing.
I believe that if he had not had the injury he would have improved under SG and his staff making him a far better player and Rangers having far more better options.
Although it looks like its not going to happen for him at Rangers.Shame a true bear

The thing with Murphy is he was decent but people on here really seem to have him on a level that isn’t really reflective of his ability.

Gerrard also likes his forward going players to be quite pacey, a reason I think Stewart doesn’t feature more. Murphy wasn’t the quickest really and will have likely lost a little pace given the injury he’s had.

I think overall you can put him beside Dorrans. Had ability, had potential to contribute but was curtailed by injury. Not his fault. Not ours. However I think it’s time for him to move on.

The thing with Murphy is he was decent but people on here really seem to have him on a level that isn’t really reflective of his ability.

Gerrard also likes his forward going players to be quite pacey, a reason I think Stewart doesn’t feature more. Murphy wasn’t the quickest really and will have likely lost a little pace given the injury he’s had.

I think overall you can put him beside Dorrans. Had ability, had potential to contribute but was curtailed by injury. Not his fault. Not ours. However I think it’s time for him to move on.

Don't think Aribo is explosively quick mate, but is very quick in thought and has quick feet and has made the right forward position his own at the moment.

I think Gerrard likes Stewart when teams defend deep against us because he's got great technical ability and movement, but he prefers the speed merchants when we're playing away in Europe and on the counter.

Really unfortunate with his injury. A pity too because he should have had a big part to play for us last year. Reckon the door beckons.

Always thought he looked to slow even pre injury. And 3-2 game against 10 men he hid.

He is an example of how far we have come

He’s essentially a slightly better (when fit) but probably much more expensive version of Greg Stewart.

My only real criticism of the management this season has been their reluctance to play one or both before Barker and probably Ojo at least on a horses for courses basis.

I don't think he's anything like Stewart, and definitely not better.

Murphy is far more of a traditional, direct like winger. Stewart less so, he often finds himself coming inside and doing his creativity there.

Stewart is also far more adept in front of goal.

Was never hugely impressed by Murphy personally, I think he had maybe 2-3 really good games before he got injured but generally I thought he was pretty average.

I feel it for Jamie Murphy, a good player whose rangers career never really got a chance due to a terrible injury, similar with Dorrans

His absence would suggest his future lies elsewhere unless, of course, he picked up a new injury prior to kick-off.

That aside, I've much sympathy for the lad after incurring such an injury on that atrocious pitch and hope he finds regular football soon.

We need to consider what any player is getting paid vs what they give to us. A fit Murphy was a good player fot us however during his injury he has been left behind and we have went up so many levels. With 6 months of football under his belt, a fit Murphy could be useful but for what I would guess he is getting paid, thaat money is better of elsewhere
Personally, I’m first and foremost, and by a long way, looking at what they are doing for us on the pitch.
Wage cost is a distant second.

Some players are never the same after a bad injury and it seems this is the case with Murphy, a real shame as he was my favourite player for that 6 months from when he signed.

Back