January Transfer Window, who goes and who stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shodan

Ok guys, I know its early doors but we have all seen enough to make a judgement call on players in the squad.

Lets hear what you would do in the January window on a purely hypothetical basis.

Sell/Loan out/Release
Dalcio - Seemed to be hopelessly out of his depth, has disappeared completely.
Miller - Fantastic servant but a season too far.
Kranjcar - Just not got it anymore, sad to see.
Hodson - I think Roberts showed he is a class below what is required.
Windass - The ultimate what if? The boy looks brilliant for about 5 minutes in games then disappears
Pena - Not suited to our game, a costly gamble that has failed.
Herrera (although I am open to changing my mind if the guy actually gets some game time.)
Holt - I like him but his chances of playing regularly now are completely limited.

Buy/Loan
Cummings - If the snake gets the bump at Forrest I'd make a bid.
Moult - I'd take him purely because he knows exactly where the goal is and he'd be cheap.
Walker - Seems inevitable we will go back in for him and we badly need a winger.
Docherty - He looks a player and we will get a proper look at him tomorrow night.

Hopefully our DOF can suggest some loan signings especially a full back or two and a couple of attack minded midfielders who are out to prove themselves.

Thoughts? I fully expect to get reamed! :D

I don't think we will do any significant business in January.

Might sign Moult/Walker on pre contracts to join in Summer. Nemane is only on loan until Jan so depending how he does next couple months may lead to him being extended (he's looked decent in the 10 or so minutes we've got to see him)

Ok guys, I know its early doors but we have all seen enough to make a judgement call on players in the squad.

Lets hear what you would do in the January window on a purely hypothetical basis.

Sell/Loan out/Release
Windass - The ultimate what if? The boy looks brilliant for about 5 minutes in games then disappears
Herrera (although I am open to changing my mind if the guy actually gets some game time.)
Holt - I like him but his chances of playing regularly now are completely limited.

Buy/Loan
Moult - I'd take him purely because he knows exactly where the goal is and he'd be cheap.
Walker - Seems inevitable we will go back in for him and we badly need a winger.
Docherty - He looks a player and we will get a proper look at him tomorrow night.

Hopefully our DOF can suggest some loan signings especially a full back or two and a couple of attack minded midfielders who are out to prove themselves.

Dalcio-Agree
Miller- If he as rumoured doing a Ferguson-Le Guen get him out now
Kranjcar-Agree
Hodson-Agree
Windass-More time needed, if he is part of the Scottish Mafia, could change for the better if the riot act works.
Pena- I didn't want Hately at Ibrox, first season felt justified. Second season felt stupid. Give him more time.
Herrera- same as Pena
Holt-could be a good squad player
Dorrans-a part of the Scottish mafia(armband to Miller) sell him in January unless improvement.

Buy/Loan
I haven't seen enough of the players you mention. SPL standard, I would hope for better, but money is tight.

Here here, he’d be the first on my list, don’t care what anyone says on here, he’s s*ite

I would also like to see Alnwick getting a chance as i don't think he would let us down.I just feel Wes.dosen't have that wee bit of class to reach the top.

Get rid of Dalcio and Miller and try and bring in a new full back, a central midfielder, a winger and a striker.

Sell/Loan out/Release

Buy/Loan

I actually would agree with most of that , except Cummings , not for me

A lot will depend on who the manager is .also in my opinion if pedro is still the anager in january and the board don,t back him then if say his time is up.

Regardless of whether Pedro is here or not; no more wholesale changes.

We've got a decent squad, it should be 2-3 in per window now, maximum. We need to target people who improve the first 11 only.

Other than Dalcio, I can’t see anyone leaving.

Nobody will buy the players the OP has listed (with the exception of Windass - who I think still has a part to play for us).

Perhaps bids will be made for Walker and McLean. Though those signings will boil down to hard ball negotiation.

I’d like to see us strengthen our squad,
In. Out.
Moult. Miller
Walker. Rossiter
McLean. Kranjcar
Crawford. Hodson
Docherty(can’t believe he’s one of us lol what a surname)
That’s 5 in that are all accustomed to playing the shite that we seem to struggle against week in week out.

Our pool isn't strong enough for 8 in 4 out.

This is the truth - and then there is the cost aspect to factor in.

January isn't a good time to buy but, in some cases, can be a good time to sell. It's certainly a good time for pre-contracts and I hope we go down that route this winter with the likes of McLean, Walker and Moult all out of contract next summer as things stand. Not saying we should move for all 3 but they should certainly be 'under consideration'. Moult for buttons over paying at least £1m for Cummings makes far more sense OP.

For sales, Foderingham and Windass COULD bring us in some much-needed cash but I'd be inclined to keep both. Similarly, I think its too soon to discard Pena and Herrera. Dalcio looks like he's not going to make it here so could probably be released back to his club. Miller will probably move on if the rift with Caixinha is irreparable.

Holt and Hodson will stay as squad members until the Summer.

All-in-all not a lot of movement at all. Dalcio and, perhaps, Miller and Kranjcar out and that's about it. Some pre-contract deals that we might be able to convert to signings if their clubs will do the deal.

:eek:Have read more than once now about the one player we need to sign is John McGinn.

Excuse me!

The ...John McGinn.

The one that plays for Hivs.

The one that had a relative in the Celtic boardroom.

The one that cripples every one of our players when we play them.

The one that is a life long Tim supporter and would walk on broken glass to join 'them'

The one that has a manager that despises everything we stand for and I'm sure would only be quite happy to let him sign and strengthen us!

Does anyone else....maybe see a flaw ....in this plan?:eek:

I would also like to see Alnwick getting a chance as i don't think he would let us down.I just feel Wes.dosen't have that wee bit of class to reach the top.
Agreed. And no tin hat on. Often too slow down to shots from distance. Doesn't command his box at corners or crosses. Flaps too often at pass backs.

With regards to OPs list:

Sell/Loan out/Release
Dalcio - Isn't he on a yearlong loan deal? If so, I can't see him being sent back early without us paying a fee. Will likely spend the entire season on the bench or in the reserves.

Miller - Agreed that he deserves credit for the memories but now the time has come to move on. However, again, how are going to get rid of him? I remember rumours of Hibs wanting to sign him at the beginning of this season, but I really can't see many queuing up. With him potentially causing discontent within the squad, I'd be happy to get rid if possible.

Kranjcar - Agreed that he isn't up to scratch with the required stamina and physicality of the league. However, just like previous, who will take him? His wages will be far too high for any mediocre SPL club, and I really don't see him wanting to don the strip of a Dundee or the likes. He'll be here until his contract runs out.

Hodson - Agreed, but we'd need to get another full back in before we could replace him.

Windass - Agree about the glimpses of quality, but we don't have the money to replace him. He'll be here come the end of the season. We're short on wide men as it is, even if Walker were to arrive in January.

Pena - Absolutely not, he needs to stay. He's only been here for a few months and HAS shown that he has quality. It would be criminal to write him off already. Give him a chance.

Herrera - just like Pena, give him time.

Holt -I think we need him for back up. Rossiter can't be relied upon, Kranjcar can't get up to the required fitness; Holt is a back up. Keep.

As for the 'to buy' list, I'd take all of those and also McClean on a pre-contract.

IN:
Walker
McClean
Moult - All on pre-contracts, offer their clubs 150k each to take them early in jan
Defensively solid left and right back
Another winger

Out:
Forrester
MoH
Hodson
Windass
Miller

Based on pre season signings, I'd not allow Pedro to sign anyone. Our best 2 are Jack, lined up pre Pedro, and Morelos, I assume a JJ contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back