Japanese left back Kashif Bangnagande linked to us

Celtic have signed plenty of these not top tier Japanese players and other than the first few who were top tier, they've been shite.

Sure there’s few across the league now and they’re all pretty much unremarkable except for the obvious.

Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate and, to a lesser extent, Iwata have all been good for them.

It’s irrelevant what they do anyway. Asia is a market we have neglected entirely over the years.
We have neglected it but seeing as we can’t even get the Scottish market right I don’t expect we’d have done much better taking punts on the other side of the world.

Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate and, to a lesser extent, Iwata have all been good for them.

It’s irrelevant what they do anyway. Asia is a market we have neglected entirely over the years.
They got Maeda and Hatate for less than we spent on Lammers.

I'm sure under Clement and Koppen we'll see us shopping in different markets.

Not when you are looking at the general quality of a league it’s not.

4 staunch points for you though.
It’s not staunch, it common sense, you’re not looking at Kyogo and saying he’s a good striker so this boy must be a good left back?
To Irrelevant to us as I said.

If true, and with jefte supposedly still happening, would maybe hint at Yilmaz being sold

Surprised we haven't went to this market until now.

one thing that always stuck with me was Arsene Wenger talking about his time in Japan and explaining how he had to try and curb the enthusiasm a little.

they players apparently trained like they played, all in, total commitment and pride.

now as mentioned, 3 players across the city certainly have that enthusiasm and drive. So if this guy we are being linked with has similar traits then we should be all over him.

It’s not staunch, it common sense, you’re not looking at Kyogo and saying he’s a good striker so this boy must be a good left back?
To Irrelevant to us as I said.
You could say that about any league in the world then.

But as a barometer the higher a league someone is playing in, the better, and they have signed 3 (for them) excellent players from that league.

Valued at £500k on transfermarkt.

Given the expected level of squad movement, we are going to need to pick up a selection of low value gems.

I assume we are still in for Jefte as well??

Valued at £500k on transfermarkt.

Given the expected level of squad movement, we are going to need to pick up a selection of low value gems.

I assume we are still in for Jefte as well??
Someone said earlier in the week that his mate saw Jefte being shown around Ibrox. Could be rubbish mind you.

With his dubious fitness record we should be looking to sell Yilmaz imo.

Fitness issues aside, we are going to need to raise funds via sales if we are to go in to the market and buy.

Yilmaz is an obvious one, Lammers another given his form and probably Dessers as well.

We are committed to the Diomande purchase at £4m.

Lundstram
Borna
Jack
Roofe
Silva
Cortes
Sima
JM

All leaving as it stands.

Huge summer - again!!

Fitness issues aside, we are going to need to raise funds via sales if we are to go in to the market and buy.

Yilmaz is an obvious one, Lammers another given his form and probably Dessers as well.

We are committed to the Diomande purchase at £4m.

Lundstram
Borna
Jack
Roofe
Silva
Cortes
Sima
JM

All leaving as it stands.

Huge summer - again!!
We're negotiating to keep Cortes seemingly.
Also, imo, we might be doing the same with Sima.

Good to see we are widening the scope of our player search. Although I do hope we get some Scottish players in . Always feel we do better with a good knowledge of what it takes to win here.

Back