Jermain Defoe signs contract extension

really good news although i would like to think that in the summer we bring in another 2 strikers for him to hand the baton over to, with Alfie being, as we expect, for the off.

This may prove to be the best signing of the season.
A flying Defoe could be invaluable in the weeks and months ahead

I'm going to enjoy watching another legend playing for Rangers for at least another season. Thanks jermain

Don’t underestimate what a coup this is aswell. if his agent let it known he was available he’d have lucrative offers from all round the footballing world

Delighted with this. He seems the absolute model pro and a great role model for everyone at the club.

Really happy we've secured him for another season. Can only help to attract others too when they see how much the likes of Defoe are enjoying themselves with us.

Brilliant news as his goals to minutes ratio is insane for a second choice striker. His influence off the park seems to be just as (if not more) important. He must have agreed to wages that fit in with our budget too. He is fantastic for the Rangers PR as well.

Only issue would be if we sold Morelos in the summer and Defoe was expected to play 50 games as first choice at his age, but I’m sure that is not the thinking in which case all positive!

Back