Jermaine Defoe post match conduct

72049526_2753931951292209_9106470968452186112_o.jpg

71882611_2753942287957842_7826923081951084544_o.jpg

Big Derek from the POG FB and the Grapes.

His daughter got her leg burned by one of the bangers thrown at Livingston.

Terrific gesture by Defoe.

Never knew that that's even better then, thought she was just a random kid he decided to give it to.

Hopefully that makes up for a bad experience at Livi and also to those that want to advocate the use of bangers etc have a look at the size of the wee girls that's been hurt.

Never knew that that's even better then, thought she was just a random kid he decided to give it to.

Hopefully that makes up for a bad experience at Livi and also to those that want to advocate the use of bangers etc have a look at the size of the wee girls that's been hurt.

She got a real scare at Livingston mate.

I think @Greg Marshall was involved in arranging it.

Well played by the SLO.

I have to say I had no idea what a great guy Defoe was before he joined us.

I knew he did a hell of a lot of good work with wee Bradley but I thought that was mabey a one off for a really ill child but no it seems he really is one of life's genuine good guys.

Absolute gent mate with a big heart. One of lives gems and is so fitting in our club.

Top bloke is our Jermaine

A class act on the pitch - superb player - still banging them in & showing no signs of slowing -

A class act in training - encouraging our youngsters & helping them improve

Then he devotes time to fans with gestures like this ?
An all round class act from a top geezer

So glad to have you as part of our team & club

Struth himself would be proud of you

He's the kind of person who you just know that whenever his name is mentioned that it's a positive story. Proud to have him at our club.

We’ve had our fair share of strikers from the EPL past their best and a few were sceptical. Jeffers, Gayle, Ostenstad, Beattie etc but he’s a far cleverer player and a model professional. Hasn’t lost too much pace eithe r
Christ Almighty, mate, that is quite the list to strike fear in the heart of every Bear. On a happier note, here's a cheery wee tweet from the club:

Love seeing this. A new generation of supporters with genuine heroes.

Totally agree

Sunday was a day that that wee lassie will never forget as long as she lives.

A bear for life. That’s what little gestures like that mean to our future fans.

In years to come, we’ll still be talking about Defoe and what a classy, classy guy he is. We really are blessed to have him.

If ‘this post doesn’t stop those wee stupid self important wankers from indulging in this behaviour then nothing will.
Unfortunately for a few of the idiots in our support it probably won’t.

But back to the OP, excellent gesture by a top pro and genuine good guy.

Big Derek from the POG FB and the Grapes.

His daughter got her leg burned by one of the bangers thrown at Livingston.

Terrific gesture by Defoe.
This is why our fans need to stop taking these stupid things to our games.
That wee lassie will probably be scared for life now.

Back