Jermaine Defoe - Teetotal, Almost

It was really nice words from Jermaine and outstanding hat tea total or not he was drinking a whisky whether he liked it or not.

As above, been nice hearing some of the stories. So sad about the circumstances bringing them out.

Can you post Goldson’s and Tav’s? Not seen them
06-C97665-6-D11-4642-A66-C-B07-B775-B966-A.jpg

AB5043-CA-368-D-45-D4-BAD5-AA23-CD9-CE0-C8.jpg

The club will miss Jimmy dearly. Those wee anecdotes build connections to the players and pass on history to the next set of players. Players who would otherwise have had no genuine affiliation.

Jimmy is the reason a lot of these players will have adopted the "once a Ranger, always a Ranger" mantra.

Im genuinely devastated hes gone

The club will miss Jimmy dearly. Those wee anecdotes build connections to the players and pass on history to the next set of players. Players who would otherwise have had no genuine affiliation.

Jimmy is the reason a lot of these players will have adopted the "once a Ranger, always a Ranger" mantra.

Summed up very well. Its a very sad day for RFC.

The connections between decades of Rangers was woven through people like Jimmy Bell. We’re unlikely to ever see his like again.

If there is one person I wish had written a book, then that person is Jimmy.
It would have been a bestseller on day one.
I think one of the attributes that made him who he was is that he would never have written a long form gossip column. All those players referring to him as a confidante trusted him not to plaster their secrets all over social media for a reason.

So many of the stories from former players talk about how Bell was instrumental in keeping their feet on the ground and not to get above their station.

There’s been some cracking tributes from ex players and staff to the legendary Jimmy Bell.

Such lovely words from JD and nice from Tav and Goldson. He was held in such high esteem by everyone in the Rangers family, past and present. Such a sad day, and so sudden.

When I think of him.

I laugh about him grabbing the subs board from the lad at the side of the pitch.

With a growl.

100%

This ongoing loyalty to the club that so many players have is forged in the day-to-day of the club and Jimmy Bell was there every day - making things run smoothly, having a laugh, clipping someone’s wings, no doubt putting an arm round a shoulder when required too.

People talk about an assistant manager being a buffer to the manager but I think our kitman was probably a buffer to even that.
Eyes & ears of the club and support for the players.

Walter Smith and now Jimmy Bell gone this season - so much to celebrate in each of them, and so much to miss.

I think one of the attributes that made him who he was is that he would never have written a long form gossip column. All those players referring to him as a confidante trusted him not to plaster their secrets all over social media for a reason.
I think we would all have loved to read the book but it is a huge tribute to his integrity that despite being very far from being the highest paid st the club he never attempted to cash in
I am sure he knew some juicy tales the media would have liked to get but he was never a source for them
Good on him I say and if that means I am deprived of 4 or 5 hours of reading pleasure it is well worth it

100%

This ongoing loyalty to the club that so many players have is forged in the day-to-day of the club and Jimmy Bell was there every day - making things run smoothly, having a laugh, clipping someone’s wings, no doubt putting an arm round a shoulder when required too.

People talk about an assistant manager being a buffer to the manager but I think our kitman was probably a buffer to even that.
Eyes & ears of the club and support for the players.

Walter Smith and now Jimmy Bell gone this season - so much to celebrate in each of them, and so much to miss.

Couldn’t agree more.

That’s a beautiful story. I remember both him and Stevie G saying that he had never touched alcohol in his life, and it always seemed an important thing to JD, so for him to have a dram with Jimmy shows how much he touched people.

Back