Jermaine Defoe wants to stay.

how great is it that we have a squad and manager that you can't help but fall in love with. we have class act's who get this football club. we will be gutted when any of them eventually leave. I think Defoe will stay his goals to game time ratio and Roofe missing the CL qualifiers make me think he will get offered a year

I reckon any offer would be about £5k a week.

Might be a cliche, but I really doubt he’d be here for the money.

Some beer tokens, occasional game time and a pseudo coaching type role as he transitions.

x7QpkLR.gif

Maybe a pay as you play deal with bonuses, doesn't seem to be about the money though..really hope he stays class act.

Last season his contribution was immense if you look at his actual goal scores to games played. IIRc he pretty much saved us in the January and it wasn't until his injury when our form went downhill.

No matter his age if you put him in the box with a ball he'll score , his contribution just looks low because he doesn't actually get much game time (either due to injury or just down to the fact we have better all round players now)

It is a wise investment when you consider his numbers for his occasional appearances he is still very prolific in front of goal
If his wages can be spent on a first team starter then they're better spent there. We need to be ruthless to maintain continued success.

Man love for J.D.He as nearly every post has said ,coaching capacity in some role.You must remember this season influence on Alfredo.Even Alfredo has ran to touchline and hugged J.D. after he has scored.

Another season for me and a coaching role would be great working with our forwards and guiding the younger lads in regards to professionalism and taking care of yourself

how great is it that we have a squad and manager that you can't help but fall in love with. we have class act's who get this football club. we will be gutted when any of them eventually leave. I think Defoe will stay his goals to game time ratio and Roofe missing the CL qualifiers make me think he will get offered a year

I've said on here and to my mates many times before. Having guys like Steven Gerrard and Jermain Defoe speak on camera about this Club gripping them, falling in love with it and the size of the club blowing their minds it can only be a positive for Rangers.

Defoe said on camera yesterday he wanted to stay forever. Things like that must have other players in England and abroad maybe thinking they want to try some of it for themselves.

Its unbelievable right now.

Guy has a great attitude and it must rub off on others around him. He is still our best finisher so I’d give him another year. Can’t see him being hard to deal with

I've said on here and to my mates many times before. Having guys like Steven Gerrard and Jermain Defoe speak on camera about this Club gripping them, falling in love with it and the size of the club blowing their minds it can only be a positive for Rangers.

Defoe said on camera yesterday he wanted to stay forever. Things like that must have other players in England and abroad maybe thinking they want to try some of it for themselves.

Its unbelievable right now.
Absolutely. It's not just about a tangible return on goals.

Think of a young English player, swithering with whether to stick in england or twist and join English legends like Gerrard and Defoe. There is an intangible benefit to having people with that status in the game remain a part of this club.

Never mind the experience the younger guys can garnish.

He's at least worth another year in my book, if we can keep him happy with playing time.

Much though I love JD it would be madness to keep someone on 20k a week (or whatever) who only comes on very occasionally. We need to spend wisely for the upcoming season.
He's not on 20k this season never mind any contract moving forward

Probably fitter than 95% of the players in the whole league is Jermaine, the epitome of looking after yourself, same with Davis.
Compare and contrast to certain other players some of whom are way younger and can’t last 90 mins

Would love it if he stayed another year; he is a fantastic player and I'm sure is a huge influence and mentor to younger players. He would be a brilliant coach, so much experience.

I really hope he does stay - a genuinely brilliant professional. Just having him around the club in some fashion will do wonders. He will be a massive influence in the dressing room and the advice he can offer would be frightening.

Back