Jim white...again

The solution is to stop listening
I did that mate, I stopped listening.
I'm in the car a lot of the day, I used to listen to Colin Murray, who I couldn't take to. When he left and white got the gig I was looking forward to listening to him but hardly a week went past without him having a go at us or sooking mentally challenged boaby so I stopped listening.
My day is much better for it.
Next week some one else will be on moaning about him.
Never learn.

Simpson was still at Aberdeen on 2001 as head of youth
Is the idiot really saying the abuse was ramped up after that?

I’ve no doubt that Jim White was a Rangers fan way back, but rightly or wrongly for him he’s put his career as a broadcaster and increasingly some sort of Shock Jock type presenter on Talksport ahead of all of that.

That’s up to Jim White but I hope that RSCs, Rangers FC and Rangers friendly pubs remember that Jim is quite happy to talk a load of crap about Rangers FC and Rangers supporters of it gets him a few more listeners or a pat on the back from his television bosses.
The days of Jim White being rolled out as a big Rangers man at RSCs or pub events should be well over.

If the Sun newspaper was a person it'd be Jim White.

A loathsome pr*ck that seems to have built some bizarre career for himself in England off the back of acting like some hyperactive child on deadline day with Sky Sports.

Anyone that takes anything he says seriously needs help

Put it was that bad what Durant had to take of the sheep shaggers. When he was with Killie got an injury and when asked in the pub why wasn’t at the game his reply was only the place if I’m playing. Or words to that effect. Shower of sheep shagger bassas.

I’ve never really bought into the contempt a lot of our fans have for Jim.

Until now I always just assumed he was the exuberant fella who does deadline day.

That is ludicrous and disgusting to say, he should know better.

Won’t be tuning into any of his pish again, cnut.

EDIT: aside from the general stupidity of that comment I can’t believe he’s used the term ‘incident’ because it was an act of cowardice and that word doesn’t suggest that.
He got the status as being one of us due the fact he was in the front page of the papers years ago whilst on Scotsport sitting with a flute band uniform on ...... in recent years hes been a poor excuse of being one of us !!

Listening to White on talksport talking about the abuse Jordan Pickford is getting on social media over the “tackle” on VVD. White pipes up “Neil Simpson an ex Aberdeen player had to move to the north east of England because of the abuse he still gets about an incident with Ian Durrant. Where do you even start with this!

White with his faux outrage at the abuse Pickford is getting, he's fanning the flames!
That tit will say anything to try and keep himself relevant.
An absolute fud of a man. Best ignored.

Ah the perpetual fun vacuum that is jim white, on a daily moral crusade frequently outraged by one thing or another.

His dinosaur shock-jock broadcasting is becoming so outdated its unreal. I think talksport are acutely aware of what an absolute roaster he is, they previously tried to shoe horn Natalie sawyer in and re-branded the show "white and sawyer", but she has since been axed and its now Simon Jordan alongside Jim white 4 days a week with the show again re-branded thoughtfully to "white and Jordan"

One can only hope this is a move to phase him out as they are successfully doing with fat Brazil in the mornings.

Jim white and his crap antagonistic approach to his craft will ultimately result in him papped on to the scrap heap. Surprised he still holds a 10am slot 5 days a week on talksport, he brings nothing to the table yet portrays himself as some well connected football journalism mogul, based on him having absolute non entities like rod stewart and Roland duchatelet on speed dial. The latest one to get wheeled out is Kia joorabchian who plays white like a fucking fiddle.

No mark.

Why would Simpson have to flee ? He is quite safe in the north east, in fact he is still a bit of a legend to the sheep fans.

FYI Jim - it was a brutal act of assault and Rangers fans will never forget it or forgive it, although an effort has been made to move on. Aberdeen fans on the other hand glorify it and hail Simpson as some sort of hero together with their vile songs about the tragic death of Davie Cooper and the loss of 66 lives at our stadium.

But why let the the facts get in way of a chance to denigrate Rangers fans eh Jim?

Simpsons' career was on the wane by the time he put his boot through Durrant's knee. He deliberately went out to wreck a boys career which was destined for the very top.

From Wiki - "He made only 15 league appearances in 1987–88 and 16 in 1988–89. "

For a guy who was "forced out", he still managed to cling on at Aberdeen for another couple of years after the Durrant assault, until he moved to Newcastle in 1990, made 4 appearances before moving back up to Scotland to see out his career with Motherwell (33 appearances) and retired in '93.

"Forced out" eh Jim ? You're a walloper.

Do the club still pay him to do certain events? If they do then they should really be telling him to get fùcked.
5 stars used him for a dinner in March.

Given they now have an official partnership with the club, I’d really like to think not just the club but the guys running 5 stars tell him he’s no longer required. Comments like today are just 1 in a long line of Jim being a %^*&.ing c.unt.

I now turn off sky sports news if he’s on. A truly detestable prick

Last edited:
Put it was that bad what Durant had to take of the sheep shaggers. When he was with Killie got an injury and when asked in the pub why wasn’t at the game his reply was only the place if I’m playing. Or words to that effect. Shower of sheep shagger bassas.

Best you read back your post before posting

He is a prick. His intro for his interview with Goldson went along the lines of

”Next I caught up with two goal Connor Goldson to ask him about the leak and wether they can stop the magic 10”

An absolute bawbag

Jim White got battered in the middens car park by a horde of green and grey tramps after an old firm game.... that they won. Edit: my memory is bad. Wasn't an old firm game.

He's a sh!tebag that clearly got the message. Whatever leanings he had for us were knocked out of him that day. At least, thats how he clearly tries to come across on screen.

A braver man would have went to town on that scum for allowing it to happen on their property and their filthy fans for their behaviour. But not him. Lucky if anyone even knows it happened. Coward.

Edit: Just think about that for a second and consider what would happen if a celtic supporting journalist was set upon in Ibrox car park by a group of fans decked out in red, white and blue, after a match he was covering. Imagine the difference?

From the Herald: (the last paragraph sound familiar??? And that was that. Sweep sweep. What a media we have in this country.)

15th May 1998

White attacked by Celtic fans​

TELEVISION sports presenter Jim White was the victim of a violent attack by Celtic fans shortly after the club clinched the premier division title last Saturday, it emerged last night.
A spokesman for the anchorman of Scottish Television's Scotsport has confirmed that about 15 supporters punched, kicked and spat on Mr White as he tried to enter his car in the Celtic FC car park an hour after the match with St Johnstone which clinched Celtic their first title in 10 years.
The attack forced Mr White to miss a charity event later that evening.
It is alleged that some of the fans damaged the vehicle by kicking it and banging on the windows as Mr White and two Scottish Television colleagues attempted to drive away.
Mr Malcolm Brown, a spokesman for Mr White, last night said the presenter was the only one attacked.
He said he had been ''particularly badly shaken up'' and was ''bruised and badly battered'' after being kicked, punched and spat upon.
According to Mr Brown, of Carnegie PR, the presenter did not report the matter to the police or to Celtic because he ''just wants the incident forgotten''.

Mr Brown said: ''Jim believes that the incident is now in the past. He wishes it had never happened although he obviously considers it unfortunate that it did.''
Mr White had to cancel a charity appearance at a British Lung Foundation function in Glasgow on Saturday evening, an event he has supported for the past two years.
Mr Brown said: ''He just told them he was ill and apologised for his non-appearance because he didn't want to make a fuss about it.''
The broadcaster, widely regarded as a Rangers supporter, had been due to host the Red Balloon Ball at the Hilton Hotel but the organisers were informed shortly before the start that he was unwell.
However, he did appear as scheduled on Scotsport on Sunday afternoon.
A spokesman for Scottish Television last night confirmed the attack.
No-one from Celtic was available for comment last night but the club is understood to be disappointed and concerned about the incident.

Last edited:
Iain Durant was lucky to able to walk properly never mind play football again after that assault. Simpson made no attempt to play the ball and with the expression on his face as he put in the “challenge “ he knew he was going to do serious damage.

I imagine White's Talksport colleague Ally McCoist might want to take issue with these remarks. Hopefully he does, privately or publically. Disgusting.

Back