Joe aribo going to be a star

Tony75tfc

Having watched him against oxford and st josephs i really think aribo is going to be a star this season ,he looks so comfortable on the ball , strong and runs at defences ,dont see many scottish teams midfielders being able to handle this lad

I’m not dismissing it, as he does look incredibly promising. However, people on here were saying the same about Hyndman and Goss. Let’s take a bigger sample than a friendly against Oxford and a July first round tie in Gibraltar before we start making such impressive claims.

I’m not dismissing it, as he does look incredibly promising. However, people on here were saying the same about Hyndman and Goss. Let’s take a bigger sample than a friendly against Oxford and a July first round tie in Gibraltar before we start making such impressive claims.
Feck it. Enjoy the rides while we can. I’d rather enjoy the highs rather than wait for something to fail just to say, ‘there, told you so’

settle down lets give it a few games seen this before, love the exuberance but dont get carried away

Feck it. Enjoy the rides while we can. I’d rather enjoy the highs rather than wait for something to fail just to say, ‘there, told you so’

There’s an in between, mate.

Don’t have to be aiming for the “told you so” angle, we can just be cautiously optimistic - especially after all we’ve been through in recent years. We don’t have to go all balls in from moment one every time.

Settle down, I never seen whatyou are saying against Oxford other than he looked strong on the ball.
Did okay yesterday, nothing brilliant so far in my opinion
Too early to say for me, Ojo on the other hand :)

Don’t have to be aiming for the “told you so” angle, we can just be cautiously optimistic - especially after all we’ve been through in recent years. We don’t have to go all balls in from moment one every time.
Balls deep is more fun.

Teams are going to triple up on his left, and kick the living merde out of him. He won't be as affective every match, so we need to adapt.

He still not match sharp yet,

But he has showed little glimpses of skill, Has two great feet, won’t be pushed about, can pick a pass and seems to have a great engine

We have seen too many false dawns look at Coulibaly last year, Goss, Hyman and Toral before that.

He certainly has the attributes but will need time to settle as even the SPL is a decent step up from where he’s been playing.

Let's see how he's regarded when we get pumped by some SPHell team on an off day. Motherwell or Aberdeen etc. The ups and downs on followfollow can be revealing...

I doubt anyone will ever be allowed to get carried away on FF. There will be people calling for Gerrard's head after the 1st defeat. I'm inclined to enjoy the ride. Aribo looks quality.

Not claiming to be smarter than the average bear, but I never felt Hyndman and Goss were anything special. Always felt they were both talked up due to some of the rubbish we'd been watching the prior few years.

I thought they were both cases of the "jersey being too heavy" for them. When we required a fight, they just weren't up to it.

Aribo does not give out that impression. That's not based on a couple of games. the guy stepped up for Charlton in the play-offs, particularly at Wembley. I expect him to continue his growth to star status.

Was impressed by him and Kamara and how calm and tidy both are together on the ball, the question is who drops out to make way in the starting 11 if all are fit and available, probably Jack for me.

Exactly, the countless comparisons with ex players are mind numbingly boring

We have moved up several levels since then.

It's not really comparison to ex players as such. More just a thought to take stock before claims of stardom on a player prematurely for it not to be...........

Exactly, the countless comparisons with ex players are mind numbingly boring

We have moved up several levels since then.

You’re sort of making the point for the opposite there mate.

If the comparisons are “countless”, and the levels are so different; all it highlights is that folk get carried away “countless” times - even for shite players.

Seen very little of him, had a few nice touches yesterday.

Has all the tools to be a star so here's hoping

No disrespect but the two players mentioned, are not in the same league as Aribo or Kamara.
These two lads will run the show in the SPFL.this coming season.They'll turn out to be top players.imo.

You’re sort of making the point for the opposite there mate.

If the comparisons are “countless”, and the levels are so different; all it highlights is that folk get carried away “countless” times - even for shite players.
People are not stupid, just because he looks good doesn't mean in the back of your mind you still know he has to sustain it over a season, i just don't understand why we need to bring Goss and Hyndman etc back into it all the time its miserable.

The majority of fans are not that naive to assume he is going to be a superstar after a couple of games.

Surely the jury is out on every player that signs for a big club like Rangers.Stevie G.knows a good player when he see's one, and i personally think Aribo & Kamara will be brilliant for us this season.
You're correct that all players need to prove themselves and especially so at our club.
It's way too early to be labelling the boy as "the new Viera" and it does him no favours. He's achieved nothing so far having played less than 45 mins of competative football for us.

No disrespect but the two players mentioned, are not in the same league as Aribo or Kamara.
These two lads will run the show in the SPFL.this coming season.They'll turn out to be top players.imo.

Of course they’re not in the same league. But the same was said about them on here. That’s my point.

People are not stupid, just because he looks good doesn't mean in the back of your mind you still know he has to sustain it over a season, i just don't understand why we need to bring Goss and Hyndman etc back into it all the time its miserable.

The majority of fans are not that naive to assume he is going to be a superstar after a couple of games.

I wish that was true. I would like to tho k the same, but the OP sort of flies in the face of your last line.

The jury is still out on Aribo.
This is not to be contrarian or negative but watching the Oxford game my thought was, talent but could be frustrating in a rough and tumble away visit at Pittodrie, that languid running style can be frustrating when it’s all hands on deck. I hope he has enough talent to assuage my admittedly small fears.

There is however a sizeable minority that get totally carried away ala this thread, nobody really knows how players will react to the expectations of playing for a club like Rangers, particularly after just 2 games.

Back