Joe Aribo has played more games this season than any other player on the planet

He’s not even in our top 3. He’s fine against the bottom six when were 2 goals up but when the going gets tough he usually goes missing. He’s played about 10 old firm games and he’s lucky to have influenced one of them.
Seriously ??

Your a mile out there mate

Me and several posters on here have been saying for ages he has been running on empty and needed a rest, as was Morelos.

He could have been rested a lot more than he had done if we used the squad properly.
I don’t think Gio was left much choice was he?

Rest them when and replace with who?

Even on Sunday I wanted half the team rested but looking back he couldn’t justify it had we been done by 2 or 3 because the low morale etc.

The only thing I would love clarified is this, when he was pulling up early in games and red star away comes to mind, should he have been pulled earlier then or did Gio just take it literally minute by minute to get through and then worry about, which isn’t the wrong tactics as we could have taken him off, lost momentum and lost the tie.

The Columbia trip is what sticks in the throat, did he push himself to hard to get in the team which again fair enough but as a professional I would have thought he would have know his body and that whatever went was going to go.

Me and several posters on here have been saying for ages he has been running on empty and needed a rest, as was Morelos.

He could have been rested a lot more than he had done if we used the squad properly.
Also it’s worth noting and going back to the January transfer thread where basically every bear agreed not signing someone and by that I mean even someone instead of Sands on that type of deal could backfire - let’s hope it doesn’t

Also it’s worth noting and going back to the January transfer thread where basically every bear agreed not signing someone and by that I mean even someone instead of Sands on that type of deal could backfire - let’s hope it doesn’t
It’s difficult with hindsight to say. I genuinely thought after he got up to speed middle of February Ramsay would have utterly ran the show for us, and the Man Utd boy to have an impact like Weiss did when he was on loan! Sands I thought would be more for next year but the other two excited me no end. I had no idea quite how injury prone Ramsay had got, and I don’t suspect ability is the problem with the younger lad, must be an attitude issue.

Seriously ??

Your a mile out there mate
Really? The only games he’s done anything in since the winter break are United away which we still drew and st mirren away when he was in the mood cause the league was done and we were two goals up. He was decent against braga but other than that it’s been like playing with a man down. The 3 old firm games over the last 2 months he’s been shocking in them all.

I don’t think Gio was left much choice was he?

Rest them when and replace with who?

Even on Sunday I wanted half the team rested but looking back he couldn’t justify it had we been done by 2 or 3 because the low morale etc.

The only thing I would love clarified is this, when he was pulling up early in games and red star away comes to mind, should he have been pulled earlier then or did Gio just take it literally minute by minute to get through and then worry about, which isn’t the wrong tactics as we could have taken him off, lost momentum and lost the tie.

The Columbia trip is what sticks in the throat, did he push himself to hard to get in the team which again fair enough but as a professional I would have thought he would have know his body and that whatever went was going to go.
Plenty of games where Roofe, Sakala, Davis, Diallo, Lowry could be used but weren’t.

I could understand playing Aribo so much if he was on top form every week but he’s looked off it since the AFCON.

The game at St Johnstone in March was the worst example when he didn’t make 1 sub at all while several players looked done.

Morelos playing 87 mins against Dundee away and he looked injured by the end of the game. When he looked to have been struggling with an injury for a few games before.

He’s just this months whipping boy on FF. it jumps from being Barisic, Kamara, McGreggor, Lundstram, Arfield. If he gets laid off with an injury for 3 months he’ll suddenly become our best player again! Fickle doesn’t begin to describe us haha!
It’s been a fantastic season for the the whipping boys. Never have we had so many that go from the worst player in the team to the best player over the course of a couple of games.

Called this 2 months ago.

It's a tonne of games, but to put it into perspective, Luiz Diaz of Liverpool has played one more game (64 - as of last night) and is still unbelievable and was MoTM last night.

Salah has played almost exactly the same amount of minutes and is one of the favourites for the Ballon D'or.

Goldson has actually played more minutes than him and Tav and Callum McGregor are only about 200 minutes behind.

It's a tonne of games but its not like he's played drastically more than anyone else, when you look at it by minutes it's 2-3 more games than a lot of others. The way Aribo plays doesn't exactly burn a tonne of energy, so I'm not convinced this can be used as an excuse for performances, when you have someone like Tav, who is 5 years older, bombing up and down the wing every game and still being brilliant.

Aribo's performances have been suspect since about December when he had only played about 25-30 games.

Back