John Beaton, compromised as a ref

Tagsbear

Before I start this isn’t a thread saying Rangers didn’t throw it away last night, we did.

However, we also seen one of the most inexplicable decisions made in a game of football. Morelos is about a yard inside the box, and Beaton 2 yards away from him looking directly at it, he is a yard away from the line looking on from the other side.

He didn’t give it because he is scared, and to be honest it’s only natural. He’s not a cheat he just went with his gut instinct and that was to protect himself, but he is cheating us by continuing to referee knowing he is scared.

The onslaught he faced after the new year game last year has obviously scarred him, needing police protection will do that, but he shouldn’t be continuing if the result of it is that he’s intimidated to the point we seen last night.

I’ll be honest, until I seen the replay I thought it was a FK. Because he falls out of the box, it’s far from obvious it’s a pen.

It’s a bad mistake but I can’t lambast the guy for it when I thought the same myself.

End of the day, John Beaton isn’t the reason our team bottle it continually when it comes to big games that really matter.

I’ll be honest, until I seen the replay I thought it was a FK. Because he falls out of the box, it’s far from obvious it’s a pen.

It’s a bad mistake but I can’t lambast the guy for it when I thought the same myself.

End of the day, John Beaton isn’t the reason our team bottle it continually when it comes to big games that really matter.

He’s a yard away, it’s kinda different!

you can hardly compare your view to his.

He was in doubt and would rather a free kick wrk g than get a penalty correct for us. Given his treatment after his performance at Ibrox against them then there is no question he’s compromised. It’s made him weak to give us decisions correctly, he’d rather get it from us than others if you like.

Before I start this isn’t a thread saying Rangers didn’t throw it away last night, we did.

However, we also seen one of the most inexplicable decisions made in a game of football. Morelos is about a yard inside the box, and Beaton 2 yards away from him looking directly at it, he is a yard away from the line looking on from the other side.

He didn’t give it because he is scared, and to be honest it’s only natural. He’s not a cheat he just went with his gut instinct and that was to protect himself, but he is cheating us by continuing to referee knowing he is scared.

The onslaught he faced after the new year game last year has obviously scarred him, needing police protection will do that, but he shouldn’t be continuing if the result of it is that he’s intimidated to the point we seen last night.

hence why hand picked for a game that was bound to have many incidents. Tell me this also if Aberdeen were playing celtic last night. Would Aberdeen have finished with 11 men. Its not just the penalty he is so scared to do the right thing if Rangers benefit full stop. On the other hand, I guarantee if we were the assailants we would not have had the same luxury.

Scared yes but being scared is cheating. Cheating Beaton is the correct phrase.

It's easy to say watching replays. At full speed I thought it was probably a free kick. In the replays its bang on the line. I think it was a tough call. It should've been a penalty but like I said it took a look at a replay for me to say that.

Beaton is just an awful awful ref. It's almost beyond belief that he thought it was a free kick from his vantage point but I do believe it. He is just that bad.

It's the onslaught from the media that guys like Beaton are scared of cause they know they will get hounded for giving us a decision. There was no excuse for it he is about 5-10 yards away looking right at it.

He lives just down the road from me and anytime I've seen him about whether it be at the gym or train station he's always looking over his shoulder most nervous guy you will see.

He was in doubt and would rather a free kick wrk g than get a penalty correct for us. Given his treatment after his performance at Ibrox against them then there is no question he’s compromised. It’s made him weak to give us decisions correctly, he’d rather get it from us than others if you like.

He denied us a penalty in that game against them last year also.

That wasn’t not being good enough though, it couldn’t have been more clear, he was scared, nothing to do with ability.

Sorry, could have been clearer. What I mean is that the refereeing performances aren't good enough, regardless of the reasons why (be that Beaton last night, other refs missing things, linesmen getting offside calls wrong).

VAR cannot come quick enough and would have sorted out the penalty incident last night.

It was one mental decision after an other. Their players kicked the shit out of ours all day yet as soon as Arfield puts a tackle in the yellow couldn't have been out quicker.

I'm not one for saying referees in this country are cheats, it's usually they are just really bad. But last night was just weird, even the RTV commentators were perplexed more than usual as to what we were seeing.

It's easy to say watching replays. At full speed I thought it was probably a free kick. In the replays its bang on the line. I think it was a tough call. It should've been a penalty but like I said it took a look at a replay for me to say that.

not at all in my eyes, it was a penalty on first viewing. He was clearly tripped in the box and fell outside. It blatant.

He’s a yard away, it’s kinda different!
It’s the pace it happens at and the way the play is developing though. It’s a mistake for sure and no one can argue that but I don’t think it’s as bad as some are making out Tags. He’s got it wrong 100%, but he wasn’t the problem last night.

There is just no excuse for this, he either is corrupt or is not fit for purpose as a ref. He’s looking right at it

Exactly, I actually expected him to book Morelos for diving, even though it was a clear foul, that he conceded it was a foul but decided to give it outside the box was absolutely unbelievable.

We have the ridiculous scenario that even Andy Walker was screaming it was a penalty yet Rangers fans are siding with the ref on here.

I was watching on my phone so couldn’t see that great but Walker on Sky called it straight away.
Beaton must be called out by Rangers on this and also the thuggery he let people like Cosgrove away with all game.
We threw it away last night by playing terrible in 2nd half and losing 2 comedy goals but that penalty may have given us all 3 points.

It’s the pace it happens at and the way the play is developing though. It’s a mistake for sure and no one can argue that but I don’t think it’s as bad as some are making out Tags. He’s got it wrong 100%, but he wasn’t the problem last night.

I did state that right at the start.

However I don’t know how you can look at where he was, what happened and say it wasn’t ‘that bad’.

It’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen.

When Andy Walker says instantly ‘that’s a Penalty’ for Rangers without a replay, you know it’s blatant.

Said on another thread m8 ,we need to be coming out either today or tomorrow and going after him and putting pressure on for sunday ,last nights decision is 1 of the worst I've seen .there is no reason as to why that is not a penalty

It's still a stonewall penalty m8

All Scottish referees are compromised. We have intimidation which is working for one club in Scotland. It wouldn't surprise me if I heard that Scottish officials are getting extra coaching from Craig Thompson, on how to manage games, to avoid giving decisions in Rangers' favour and avoid a media backlash. The collective decisions to avoid booking opposition players and ignoring, or downgrading, decisions in favour of Rangers' opponents, has reached new heights. There's not one Scottish referee I would trust to referee our game fairly.

Your in the house m8 the point is hes 2 yards away .its a disgraceful decision

He was staring at Stokes when he assaulted Tav at Ibrox and booked Tav. He’s grossly incompetent and should not be a referee or assistant for that matter. He either cannot see or cannot translate what he obviously sees into a correct decision.

Your watching on TV....he is 2 yards away.....he shat it it's simple. It's going to keep happening while Gerrard and Rangers say %^*& all.

Blatant penalty. He was about ten feet from the incident. Cosgrove booked for totting up fouls first half. Spent the rest of the match committing umpteen more fouls. No red?! Beaton and the rest of the referees in this country are Rangers hating cheats. Those on here continually making excuses for them, quite frankly sicken me. Wake up for christ's sake. They could easily cost us the league.

Aberdeen were allowed to foul with impunity last night, Cosgrove himself committing more fouls than our entire team combined, yet he was still allowed to remain on the pitch. It is cheating by refs, and there's no point saying how good, bad or indifferent we played, we are being reffed differently to other teams and not being allowed to compete.

Most refs up here apply different standards to us. Last night ended with 2 yellow cards each, i cant see how that reflected the game at all. And it happens often.

The threshold to producing a yellow is miles apart.

I though 4 minutes extra time was a joke as well. Considine was down for about 3 mins.

Beaton is just an incompetent ref. Hibs at Ibrox a couple of years ago when Ryan Jack is sent off for being punched by Stokes - he should have been off for a strike at Tav.

The sheep could/ should have had 3 yellows in the first 5 minutes (without blue tinted specs). The "its early in the game" mentality is bullshit. A yellow card offence is the same regardless if it's the first or last minute. Incidentally Arfield was booked for his first challenge whilst Cosgrove got 4 fouls before his booking.

Beaton's performance was summed up when Cosgrove put in his 5 or 6th foul on Goldson and he's running over shouting "what are you doing?" Think he'd do well to ask himself the same question.

I did state that right at the start.

However I don’t know how you can look at where he was, what happened and say it wasn’t ‘that bad’.

It’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen.

When Andy Walker says instantly ‘that’s a Penalty’ for Rangers without a replay, you know it’s blatant.
I think the still picture is playing a big part in people’s views, but it’s not as simple as that. Within a split second Morelos is outside the box from where he is in that still. I don’t disagree it should have been a pen but I’ve seen plenty instances outside of Rangers over the years where refs get that type wrong. Generally, when the player is coming out the box as he’s being fouled, they give a FK as Beaton did. When they’re going into the box, they give a pen (see Naismith at Tynecastle years ago as a prime example).

he bottled it, no doubt. He must have seen it was a penalty and gave a free kick.

why exaggerate though? It’s definitely not “a yard inside” it was on the line.

Back