John Collins Causes Row Over Colts Idea

He would start a fight in an empty (dressing) room and probably strut about ripping his shirt off in the process. He would give Stefan Effenburg a run for his money in the world’s most arrogant footballer stakes.
I genuinely don’t know anyone who has a good word to say about him, how on earth does he still get asked to make media appearances?

I’m in favour of the Colts going into the lower leagues but of course the clubs should have a say, it’s their league FFS!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sure why they would knock back more guaranteed money and interest in their league but you can’t not give them a say.

I’m in favour of the Colts going into the lower leagues but of course the clubs should have a say, it’s their league FFS!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sure why they would knock back more guaranteed money and interest in their league but you can’t not give them a say.
The thing is that this is only Collins opinion. No votes for smaller clubs isn't part of the deal but these clubs are jumping all over his comments to create a false anti plan narrative. Someone involved in the project needs to call Collins and tell him to quit using this line.

What exactly is it that the lower league clubs object too on this idea?
I'dve thought it was a win win situation.

Just heard a clip of his debate with Donald Findlay there. Findlay entirely wrong in his opposition to colts teams joining the lower tiers. I accept they should have a say but not a veto. This is for the good of the wider game so all teams need a say.

I agree with him in some ways, there are probably some footballing dinosaurs at the smaller clubs who will reject it for silly reasons, it works wonders in Germany so there is no reason it won't work here.

There are 42 clubs in the SPFL, it doesn't make sense giving 1 club 1 vote when you have clubs like Cowdenbeath who have an average attendance of 350 and Rangers who have an average attendance of around 49,200.

Maybe they could allocate votes as per average attendance, take the figure divide it by 100 and round it to the nearest whole number, so Rangers would get 492 votes and Cowdenbeath would get 4 votes.

If fans from smaller clubs want their club to get more votes then all they have to do is to go to the games. Some clubs might say that is unfair because they have small stadiums but the Cowdenbeath stadium has a capacity of 4,309, they only fill 8% of the seats in their stadium on average.

Said it before but my abiding memory of him was getting into trouble in p5 at school. when in an art project at guy fawkes night I cut his picture out an annual (could have been shoot 95) or a magazine and pritt sticked it on a bonfire at 10 years old haha

I agree with him in some ways, there are probably some footballing dinosaurs at the smaller clubs who will reject it for silly reasons, it works wonders in Germany so there is no reason it won't work here.

There are 42 clubs in the SPFL, it doesn't make sense giving 1 club 1 vote when you have clubs like Cowdenbeath who have an average attendance of 350 and Rangers who have an average attendance of around 49,200.

Maybe they could allocate votes as per average attendance, take the figure divide it by 100 and round it to the nearest whole number, so Rangers would get 492 votes and Cowdenbeath would get 4 votes.

If fans from smaller clubs want their club to get more votes then all they have to do is to go to the games. Some clubs might say that is unfair because they have small stadiums but the Cowdenbeath stadium has a capacity of 4,309, they only fill 8% of the seats in their stadium on average.
So the pederasts would get more votes than us based on their hovel accommodating more?

I don't understand why his opinion is deemed in some quarters to be relevant. He's an absolute moron, who should be left to look at his six pack in the mirror and forgotten about.

I don't understand why his opinion is deemed in some quarters to be relevant. He's an absolute moron, who should be left to look at his six pack in the mirror and forgotten about.
It’s precisely because of his opinions being “controversial “ that guys like him get a gig. Nobody is interested in sensible reasoned debate.

Where has the sudden John Collins resurgence materialised from?

Feels like he disappeared for about 5 years and then resurfaced from nowhere about 3 months ago to constantly talk absolute nonsense on tv and in the papers.

I know he’s claimed to want the DoF role at Them but I’m not sure making yourself look like an idiot is the best way to go about that, but each to their own.

When Donald Findlay's argument amounts to 'aye but the painters and plumbers want to play to' I find it hard to find any part of it that I agree with.

If you actually take the time to listen to what he’s been saying on the subject his view is actually correct. The wee part time teams who’s only goal is to keep in business for another year shouldn’t have the voting rights to stop something that has the potential to benefit every level of the Scottish game.

I think Collins deserves to be DOF at the piggery. Its a position that is ideal for him. He would probably last until Guy Fawkes night.

He’s only saying this as fat Peter is no going to be there to speak for them. Demote the gers, gees the niar without playing, see yous Dundee, whit did yi no unnerstond? Aye, wur seprat ennity.

He had a point I thought about old firm players playing the way the clubs want but some of the better young players wont play for the colts and be loaned out to higher placed clubs

kwMQJWO.gif

What exactly is it that the lower league clubs object too on this idea?
I'dve thought it was a win win situation.

Their fans aren't happy about it and have threatened to throw their toys out the pram and boycott if it gets the go ahead. So puts the clubs in a difficult position.

Hopefully if it doesn't go through then there is a breakaway group formed similar to when the SPL was first formed and the second tier of that has the B-Teams in it. The SFA should have shown strong leadership and done that years ago when it was first mentioned instead of dicking around trying to shoehorn them in to the current structure and tempt the lower league clubs with cash for votes.

Back