John Souttar

Hardly surprised, his injury record is terrible. Part of me wishes we'd kept Balogun for another year instead.
As good as our injury prone players may be, I don’t think we can carry 4/5 of them and compete successfully in all 4 competitions.

Signing Souttar is a free hit for the club. I doubt he is on a huge wage probably because of his previous problems and is obviously a decent player who can do a job for us. I guess he was signed as back up anyway so no real concerns at the moment.

pretends-to-be-shocked-blanket.gif

Signing Souttar is a free hit for the club. I doubt he is on a huge wage probably because of his previous problems and is obviously a decent player who can do a job for us. I guess he was signed as back up anyway so no real concerns at the moment.
It’s not a free hit because he’s one of our CB options, along with Helander

So we’ve effectively one CB we can rely on, one that’s new, a DM playing at CB and then two CBs that are constantly injured

A bizarre signing in terms of quality and injury risk.

The vast majority called it and are being proven right on both counts.

Unconfirmed rumour from twitter and the usual FF faces gleefully piling in with the I told you so's already without a suggestion of waiting on confirmation before giving it both barrels. So, so predictable.
Gio confirmed he picked up an injury last week did he not? It's hardly conspiracy theories.

Find it strange the question hasn't been asked at any of the recent press conferences.

It’s not a free hit because he’s one of our CB options, along with Helander

So we’ve effectively one CB we can rely on, one that’s new, a DM playing at CB and then two CBs that are constantly injured
I hear what you say but I'm sure we would have signed him knowing the possibilities. We don't know if this current injury is linked to previous ones so might just be unfortunate. Not sure what Katic's situation is but he might be kept on as more back up.

Gio confirmed he picked up an injury last week did he not? It's hardly conspiracy theories.

Find it strange the question hasn't been asked at any of the recent press conferences.
I’d imagine the silence around it will be due to his personal situation at the moment. Gio did say he was injured but it was hard to tell of it was true or of he was just protecting him.

I think the real story here is that tragically he’s lost his brother.
There is also a totally unsubstantiated rumour that he’s injured.
FF love a “told you so” type thread.
I’d rather admin chopped this as it’s not good for anyone.
He’s as tough as they come, he’s lived with plenty of adversity, I think he’ll come through for us.

Gutted for his personal loss, football is football so really more than anything I wish him the best in respect of coming to terms with and getting over his personal tragedy.

But as far as injuries go? I just expect it, everyone knows his history so we should expect that he’ll spend an awful lot of time out injured.

He was sitting behind the dugout for the game against USG, him and Helander walked to the front of the dugout at full time. I never noticed a moonboot and he seemed to be walking alright from what I remember.
That was before he stubbed his toe on the coffee table.

Back