Johnly Yfeko

Play a left footer there, Sterling in the midfield, Clement actually played Ben Davies at LB in a game.
I think Barisic might come back in if Yilmaz is still out, Sterling dropped to the bench unfortunately.

I will be dissapointed if Sterling starts there today, and Silva on the left also isn't working, more of the same is insane.

People writing him off, did Bassey not get written off early on?

He's also signed a contract to 2026, allbeit under Beale.

Maybe its to do with watching his brief performances for the first team and see him at fault for goals conceded.
So a young player is inexperienced then?

Tav, Goldson, Souttar and Borna rarely go a game without being at fault for goals.

It’s maybe not the right time to put him in but folk were moaning about Bassey costing goals then 6 months later he left for 30 million.

It’s more concerning senior pros have so many gaps in their game, not a youth player.

If Borna has chucked it and Sterling is needed in midfield (he is) and Ridvan is still out, we should stick Ben Davies in there. He’s being paid enough so we should play him.

Play a left footer there, Sterling in the midfield, Clement actually played Ben Davies at LB in a game.
I think Barisic might come back in if Yilmaz is still out, Sterling dropped to the bench unfortunately.
I suggested this at the start of this problem.
Always hated the idea of deliberately weakening one part of the team to protect another.
More so the midfield.

Fanbase are deflated enough without seeing Borna starting. Hope Ridvan starts as want Dujon elsewhere.

New first choice l.b who is not lightweight and injury prone required next year with a decent back up please.

Always hated the idea of deliberately weakening one part of the team to protect another.
More so the midfield.
It was away to Sparta Prague, i always remember it because Davies was taking the corners from that side, it seemed quite bizzare at the time.

More so the midfield.
I suggested trying Davies left back ages ago aswell but seems so far out the picture

Centre half is a very difficult position for young players to break into at a club like ours. Any mistake can be critical and there would be a wave of criticism for the lad.

Unfortunately it seems the modern wing back role has reduced the opportunity for young defenders to learn their trade in the full back areas before moving centrally.

Playing Borna gives me more fear than anyone tbh.

Yfeko could make a mistake on the big stage, he might not, Borna is virtually guaranteed to have a %^*& up at some point

A bit like Souttar then?

Borna at least gives you some balance on that side and can cross the ball. Yes, he's not giving 110% at the moment, with a move away on the cards, but he is a seasoned international and has some decent qualities.

I had a thread about him earlier this week. His information has him as a left back, others here have him as centre half, either way some state that he's not particularly good.

Any player in ours system at age 20 should be good enough to deputise at least on the odd occasion otherwise he shouldn't be here far less given a contract extension, incidentally signed on 10th November so after Beale.

I'd thought Ross County and Dundee to be that occasion, not so much today though.

In any case I would prefer a left sided player play at left back today and have Sterling in midfield.

If Ridvan isn’t fit, the best shout for today at left back will be Barisic… I know that loads of people hate the thought of it, but it is kinda that simple. We need some width on the left, I would have him there with Sima ahead of him. That is what worked best for him earlier in the season, Borna needs to be told to go forward stay wide and if need be Sima can defend as well if he is caught miles out of position. With Tav and McCausland on the other wing doing the same (Sterling wide right at a push).

Playing Borna gives me more fear than anyone tbh.

Yfeko could make a mistake on the big stage, he might not, Borna is virtually guaranteed to have a %^*& up at some point
Agree. Makes more sense to play Yfeko than Borna. Yfeko might be shite but give him a chance and see. Borna is in cruise control until he leaves

In my honest opinion, having seem him a few times for both the B team and first team, I'd say he's good on the ball but defensively a bomb scare.

So a young player is inexperienced then?

Tav, Goldson, Souttar and Borna rarely go a game without being at fault for goals.

It’s maybe not the right time to put him in but folk were moaning about Bassey costing goals then 6 months later he left for 30 million.

It’s more concerning senior pros have so many gaps in their game, not a youth player.

Bassey went for £18 million mate

Yfeko looks to have all the physical attributes to be a success up here, but the games he's played he's looked like Bambi on ice.

It seems he will just be another player that had potential but just doesn't make the grade with us.

It was away to Sparta Prague, i always remember it because Davies was taking the corners from that side, it seemed quite bizzare at the time.
I recall this too.
Big debate amongst the confused and know betters on here at the time.
Anyway, I was wondering how he could play against Sparta and not against a Scottish team.
Apart from wee nuances like Boyle’s pace or a bigger one like us losing a major attacking threat down that side.

I would rather play Robbie Fraser.

However, Borna is better than both, so I’d rather play him.
Borna is one big reason weve lost our way recently utterly dire and has already checked out, should be nowhere near a place on the park for us again its over a long time ago.

Borna is one big reason weve lost our way recently utterly dire and has already checked out, should be nowhere near a place on the park for us again its over a long time ago.
How did you come to this conclusion?

He’s only started six games in 4 months, we’ve won 5 of those.

Back