Join the UB!

Spot on. More should see this post.

I'll add A Trip To Ibrox, Wolverhampton Town.. Get past the first verse and its about 50 at the front of BF1 flogging a dead horse.. Cue someone starting the billy boys from row z and UB take the flak.

Yep. Exactly!

Beyond a joke.

I completely agree but I do also hope that the UB know what a big responsibility they now have to lead the support going forward. If they don't heed the warning then I fear we're in big trouble.

Apology?

No but they should release a statement asking the club to work with them on it.

No apology, no begging, no f***ing surrender.

A lot of misguided opinions and impressions here.

You don’t just stroll into the group and be a member. They have a process.
They weren’t formed by the club - the club can’t and won’t simply rebrand them.
Nobody out with their group members can decide if they’ve to be “merged” and renamed “blue union” hahahaha
They sing plenty traditional songs - nobody joins in
They sing modern songs - people complain they don’t sing traditional songs
TBB often starts from other areas of the stadium
Many, many, many times I’ve saw numbskulls sing something embarrassing at aways. The group hear this and instantly sing over them with something non offensive but popular.
They have no responsibility to anyone nor do they owe anyone anything. They aren’t a jukebox for you to tell what to sing and sit back and enjoy - Anyone of you are free to start a song.

Agree with almost all of this, apart from the UB's having no responsibility. They, like every single Rangers supporter at Rangers games, have a responsibility to behave in a manner that won't draw criticism for the club.

This is a collective responsibility though. From this point we all have a clean slate and it's up to us to embrace what the club are telling us and move forward as a support.

The club cannot, and should not, enter a fight we can't win with UEFA. As has been said before, the but-what-about-them argument holds no sway with them.

What the club must do is be ready for when, if we dont clean up our act, the SFA/SPL come calling. That IS a fight we should take on.

The UB are great for stadium atmosphere and I feel it would be tragic to lose them, utterly tragic. I’ve got no doubt there’s a few daft wee boys in amongst them but all they need to do is change the song book and they can really help drive the change. Very doable if you ask me.

I’m somewhere in the middle, the objective and aim of the UB’s is commendable and they should be supported in their attempt to improve the atmosphere on matchdays. However they must also take their share of the blame if they’re encouraging the signing of banned songs. You know I’ve not even seen anyone put the sole blame on them which is what has been repeatedly implied in the thread. I feel like a lot of folk are getting over defensive and imagining things.

I also think its massively contradictory to state that they start all the songs and get the atmosphere going whilst simultaneously trying to absolve them of any blame for the banned songs, can’t have it both ways! If the club liaise with the UB they can become a part of the solution. One thing I have to say though, I think it’s tragic that a near capacity Ibrox stadium is seemingly dependent on one small section of fans to generate any sort of atmosphere. When exactly did that happen ffs.

A statement from the UBs? An apology would be a start.

A Group with ideas above their station. The guy that leads them, wee guy sometimes stripped to the waist, he should be banned by the club.
The only statement they should be making is an attack on the board. The UB should not be left hanging out to dry here. We as Rangers fans are responsible for this, we have all sung the songs, the add ons etc but we need to box clever from now on whether thats in europe or the league.

and as for this "The guy that leads them, wee guy sometimes stripped to the waist, he should be banned by the club", the first person that should be banned from Ibrox is you

Agree with almost all of this, apart from the UB's having no responsibility. They, like every single Rangers supporter at Rangers games, have a responsibility to behave in a manner that won't draw criticism for the club.

This is a collective responsibility though. From this point we all have a clean slate and it's up to us to embrace what the club are telling us and move forward as a support.

The club cannot, and should not, enter a fight we can't win with UEFA. As has been said before, the but-what-about-them argument holds no sway with them.

What the club must do is be ready for when, if we dont clean up our act, the SFA/SPL come calling. That IS a fight we should take on.

Sorry that’s what I meant - They have no more or less responsibility than anyone else.

Anyone can start a song. The group try everything and often people “demand” the opposite of whatever they’re doing, as if they haven’t just done it.

The UB are very vocal with Blue sea of Ibrox, every Saturday we follow, Easy OK, 4 lads, Barca 72. They’ve done more to drag us forward as a support than anyone else. I fully expect them to take heed of what the club say. And continue to come up with brilliant new songs

The UB are very vocal with Blue sea of Ibrox, every Saturday we follow, Easy OK, 4 lads, Barca 72. They’ve done more to drag us forward as a support than anyone else. I fully expect them to take heed of what the club say. And continue to come up with brilliant new songs

Must be frustrating as %^*& sometimes. While they’re more than capable of getting the place going and majority of the time do, the contrary approach from many must do their nut in.

“Don’t sing any of that ultras shite, sing loyalist songs”
“Stop singing loyalist songs, sing traditional songs”
*sing traditional songs nobody joins in*
“Why don’t you sing traditional songs?”
“We need more modern songs”

And so on and so on.

I sit in GE2 and can hear them loud and clear, either join in or start your own if you’re gonna have an issue with songs IMO, can’t be difficult.

Totally disagree. Older fans will not be told by younger fans and the majority don’t want or buy into the fake ultra nonsense.
No fan group is ever going to have everyone on board, particularly not our support. To lead the change they don't need everyone on board, or necessarily tell anyone what to do.

Getting rid of the UB’s is just silly for anyone to suggest. We are under fire from segments of society who focus on nothing more. We need to work with the UB’s, grow it, encourage it and make it everything we know it can be. I’ve sat in there and they are tireless support. Too many supporters sit on their hands and say and do nothing. The UB’s need our support not our ire.

The UB sing traditional rangers only songs. Not a soul has any interest in joining in unless it’s about tims. Easy ok, trip to Ibrox, Glasgow Rangers story, follow follow, every other Saturday. Do folk not know the words or something?

Back