Joint Champions

There are only two possible winners of the Scottish Premiership - Rangers and Celtic. In the interests of sporting integrity and honour, there is a simple solution: nominate Rangers and Celtic as joint champions.

Celtic now appear to be loathe to accept the Championship. To save Celtic’s moral angst, the SPFL management committee should awarded the Championship jointly to both clubs.

It’s a sensible solution and there is precedence in other sports as well as football.
i'll have some of what you've been taking , that suggestion is beyond stupid

Why would we deserve to be joint champions without winning it or even being joint on points ? Just like they don’t deserve to win it after 30 games.

There are only two possible winners of the Scottish Premiership - Rangers and Celtic. In the interests of sporting integrity and honour, there is a simple solution: nominate Rangers and Celtic as joint champions.

Celtic now appear to be loathe to accept the Championship. To save Celtic’s moral angst, the SPFL management committee should awarded the Championship jointly to both clubs.

It’s a sensible solution and there is precedence in other sports as well as football.
top trolling

Sure I read that our first ever league title we came second in 1891, but Dumbarton were first on goal difference, but awarded the two clubs the first ever league title which was joint due to being level on points?
Correct! But goal difference didn't exist then.

I'm in agreement, either that or it's null and void. There is no clear winner if the league is cancelled!!

It makes as much sense as handing the league to the fhilth,If there wasn't the clamour to please UEFA and earn the money available the league would have been null and void already .

Would rather win 55 on the park blowing that lot out the water. 54 and a half doesn’t have the same ring to it I’m afraid.

To me there's only one way for the league to be won or lost and that is by playing it to a conclusion when we are allowed to start playing again.
Two weeks "pre season" then pick up where we finished in March.
Otherwise bin it.

Hmm, how does no sound? When we get 55 it'll be done with integrity. That other mob have zero of that, so I wouldnt share anything with them ta.

Stay off the wine gums.

I said in another thread, if the filth don't really want to accept it, but it is some noble act to relesse prize money then give it to Hamilton.

If it needs to be 'given' then why does it need to be them?

Please give it to the NHS. Let Hartson and Sutton argue against it. (edit)

To echo what others have said.

Not a fucking chance. I wouldn’t want any trophy on a technicality. Let alone one we’d have to share with the apes.

ImpassionedEnviousBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

Yep, great idea but why stop there? Joint team in the champions League next year( 6 players from us of course), ground sharing, communal toilet area, we can sing IRA ditties and they TBB, Half and half strips and......joint schools. !!!!

It makes Celtic sick too. They will reluctantly accept the Championship. But you better believe they will accept it.
I highly doubt it makes them sick. If they had been top after two games and this had happened, Lawwell and Lennon would have been claiming it.

In all seriousness
My work just told me today that I may be in furlough until the end of August. Due to my Mrs health condition.

if that’s anyway near accurate, there’s no chance of footy resuming till mid sept

In all seriousness
My work just told me today that I may be in furlough until the end of August. Due to my Mrs health condition.

if that’s anyway near accurate, there’s no chance of footy resuming till mid sept
Furlough ends in May , unless the Government agree to extend.

Last edited:
Furlough ends in June , unless the Government agree to extend.
It does
But from what I’ve heard recently, Employers are expecting it to run longer.
Certainly my work is anyway

I dunno if maybe some big companies CEO’s or chairman have been given a heads up or what.
Also the foreign office have just said today that it is strongly advising against non essential travel for an indefinite period.

this is going nowhere fast

I could be wrong about furlough obviously.
Will need to wait and see.

Back