Jon McLaughlin Signs

Usual folk made a fool of themselves on this thread. I will never understand why people won’t give people a chance before making ludicrous judgments.

see the thing is everyone can judge a player wrong, call a decision wrong etc. But it’s consistently the same people making wild claims that have no basis. The same people that are on the extremes both act as if they are never wrong either, which is frustrating.

Good to read through some replies on this thread now.

Another good performance from him today with a top save.

No suprise when looking at who supplied the negative posts.

The same ones who tell you they don't watch any Scottish football except Rangers, but have an opinion on everyone.

Those of us who saw McLaughlin at Hearts knew he was a good keeper and he looks to be even better now.

Excellent with the ball at his feet, comes for everything and totally dominates his penalty box.

Outstanding signing.

He offers a calmness and assurance that McGregor doesn’t for me

he is excellent with the ball at his feet and is noticeably better at cross balls and sweeping up behind the defence

McGregor has a real fight to get his place back

No suprise when looking at who supplied the negative posts.

The same ones who tell you they don't watch any Scottish football except Rangers, but have an opinion on everyone.

Those of us who saw McLaughlin at Hearts knew he was a good keeper and he looks to be even better now.

Excellent with the ball at his feet, comes for everything and totally dominates his penalty box.

Outstanding signing.

Excellent point about his use of the ball mate.

It’s the obvious flaw in McGregors game and too often he fires the ball 5 yards over Tavs head straight out of play.

Excellent point about his use of the ball mate.

It’s the obvious flaw in McGregors game and too often he fires the ball 5 yards over Tavs head straight out of play.

McGregor can also be suspect for not coming for cross balls, as we saw in the LC Semi Final against Aberdeen, when Ferguson scored with a header from inside our 6 yard box.

I'm just happy to happy to have the best 2 keepers in the country fighting it out for the number 1 spot at Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
McGregor can also be suspect for not coming for cross balls, as we saw in the LC Semi Final against Aberdeen,!when Ferguson scored with a header from inside our 6 yard box.

I'm just happy to happy to have the best 2 keepers in the country fighting it out for the number 1 spot at Rangers.

If we’re going back two seasons to make the point about cross balls then he’s probably not as bad as you think!

Yeah it reminds me of the McGregor/Alexander depth 10 years ago. It’s great to have 2 top quality keepers.

If we’re going back two seasons to make the point about cross balls then he’s probably not as bad as you think!

Yeah it reminds me of the McGregor/Alexander depth 10 years ago. It’s great to have 2 top quality keepers.

I used that example because it was a high profile game and it cost us dearly.
It's definitely the biggest weakness in McGregor's game imo and we've seen teams target it by putting corner kicks right in on top of him.

However, the flip side of the coin is his outstanding shot stopping and one on one saves.

As we've both said, we have 2 outstanding keepers.

very decent keeper, watched him a few years ago at City, {Bradford}. Know his family but not close. Just spoke to them a few times when they frequent my local. Good luck to him a great 2nd keeper to MacGregor.

Some of us know a player, ;-) I remember he came to City from my local club Harrogate Railway. Far to many people dont give kids a chance unless they have progressed through an elite academy. James Hanson was another who went to City and done very well. A lad that packed shelves at the Co Op. I tell you what he also looks as if he could play outfield too. I have been impressed with his ball control. Keep it up and bring us #55.

The big thing for me is his command of the box, he comes out for balls that McGregor wouldn't and I really like to see that. I love Shagger, but crosses are definitely his weakness.

Add to that how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and he's already shown to be an astute signing, especially on a free.

They are two different style of keeper, but both clearly top quality. What a brilliant position to be in!

His distribution has been a pleasant surprise. His accuracy has been a lot better than McGregor's. He keeps the ball moving, distributes early: hands or feet, he's a lot more comfortable in possession and he's yet to do the McGregor float out the park.

Little saves to make but he's been switched on when called up on. His save yesterday in the 2nd half was very good. Solid shot stopper.

Thus far he's commanded his area better than McGregor and read the danger. I like how he raced off his line yesterday to punch the ball away.

Going from Ulreich to Jon McLaughlin is a come down however you wrap it up. We should be signing someone to challenge for the no.1 jersey. Instead we’re signing a back up who isn’t good enough to be the no.1 when McGregor retires either.

tenor.gif

Back