Jones & Barker replacement

I suspect Arsenal may be against the idea of loaning us their most exciting youth player who has recently broke into the team and is currently getting game. Just a hunch. ;)
I thought he was playing in Europa league and cup matches and has come in recently due to the fact their left backs are all injured and he can play wing back. I was just meaning someone similar to his style of play

I was never overly keen on the JJ signing but I think he’s got a lot to give

strange one, but SG isn’t the kind of guy who accepts less than 100% in training so this might be a thing with JJ

If barker is being paid 10 grand a week that is a criminal waste of money,i cant see it myself but if true we have been had

Other than Keech Jackson saying so, this is still all speculation?

For what it's worth, I don't see either as ever being starter's. Would prefer to keep Jones out of the 2, obviously. But if both were punted to make way for someone who would raise the level of the starting 11 I'd be happy with that.

Heres hoping.

I feel we need at least 2 attacking options if true.

One attacking option similar level of quality to Kent to bring goals and has the ability to unlock defences and another striker to challenge Morelos.
So at £7m for Kent and a conservative £20m for Alfie, these 2 options you seek should be easily doable

Noticed that PSV attacking midfielder Gaston Pereiro is available and only has 6 months left on his contract.

Left footed attacking midfielder with an impressive goal record.

Seems to be a creative number 10/wide player definitely a player we could do with.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastón_Pereiro

Only a suggestion not a rumour or anything but he looks a good player.

Last edited:
Noticed that PSV attacking midfielder Gaston Pereiro is available and only has 6 months left on his contract.

Left footed attacking midfielder with an impressive goal record.

Seems to be a creative number 10/wide player definitely a player we could do with.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastón_Pereiro

Only a suggestion not a rumour or anything but he looks a good player.

Just noticed Jarrod Bowen of Hull who has scored some brilliant goals this season, deal also expires summer 2020. He’s valued at £9M too but I’d imagine he’ll have interest from everywhere

Just noticed Jarrod Bowen of Hull who has scored some brilliant goals this season, deal also expires summer 2020. He’s valued at £9M too but I’d imagine he’ll have interest from everywhere

I've mentioned him a few times on here looks like he will Premiership bound soon but he looks a cracking talent.

Barker is apparently amazing in training. Just can’t transfer that to playing. Sometimes the shirts just too heavy, he will likely have a decent championship career

So do I to be honest. UOTE="Bulldog_72, post: 5201895, member: 10405"]
I think it would be absolutely criminal to get rid of Jones so soon
[/QUOTE]
So do I to be honest.

seen this yesterday. Another couple of names on the list were John Lundstrum of Sheffield United and Stephen Kingsley of Swansea.

Shame to see Jones go so soon but it seems more a attitude thing, maybe a loan for him and he’ll wisen up on return.
I agree put him out on loan for rest of the season then see how he perform out on loan and then in preseason before making a permanent decision on him.

Something has been rumbling with jones for a long time. Being linked with various clubs for a couple of months. It seems we were trying to offload him. Barker just anywhere near good enough and is a bit of a shitebag.

Jones should not be sold at all. He has a lot to give and impressed before his injury

barker is worse than Jerome rothen

I think Jones should get a chance to prove himself. He can be dangerous and in games where we need to get up the park quickly can be very effective.

What Barker beings to the squad is a mystery to me.

It doesn’t look great for these guys at the moment - there was a strong hint of negative feeling when Gary McAllister was asked about them at the press conference today.

Loans in general haven't done much for us (Kent apart) over the years. From the Newcastle 5 to Ojo it's been ineffective. I wish Barker was a loan though and sent back.

Nonsense Jones regularly terrorised is when he was at Kilmarnock
He’s not been given a fair chance - much more yo offer us than Ojo

Just my opinion, my point is that we tend to have blue tinted specs on when a player that represents Ulster pulls on out top. Remember the ulster gazelle, ffs we had more than a few wanting hodson to replace Tav when he was going through a bad spell. As far as terrorising us when he was at Kilmarnock, Barker at hibs gave us the run around, Ikpeazu as much as he has limited ability caused our CBs no end of problems through sheer physicality as has Dykes at Livi, Cosgrove at Aberdeen. Players generally play out of their skins against us, we can't sign every player that has a good game against us.

Nonsense Jones regularly terrorised is when he was at Kilmarnock
He’s not been given a fair chance - much more yo offer us than Ojo

The reason he hasn't been 'given a fair chance ' is because he injured himself making a stupid, unnecessary tackle and made himself unavailable for selection for a number of weeks, and then when he has returned to fitness, the vibe coming from the club is that he doesn't seem to be applying himself in the way that he should be.
It's a situation entirely of his own making, and because of that he deserves very little sympathy IMO.

I think we have to accept Murphy is more or less done.

He suffered a serious ACL injury in his thirties. Few players ever fully recover from those, especially at that age.

The Jones and Barker decision could be a reaction to the opportunities afforded them against Stranraer.

Gerrard gave them a chance and they failed to take it.

If he's really that ruthless, I completely welcome it.
As he scores tonight - yeah I get what you are saying but I do think he is more of a goal scorer and would maybe work better in the current system with more inside forwards than wingers

Jones reminds me of O’Halloran. Had one game good against us and offers very little other than outright pace , that said it’s very early and I would be nice to be proved wrong .

Back