Jones to Middlesbrough loan to buy

I would rather he stayed over Barker in all honesty but Gerrard knows better than me

I keep reading this, but surely you must realise clubs probably don’t want Barker because he’s not very good and not as good as Jones? It’s not like the option is there to punt one or the other to these clubs.

Don't know the ins and outs of it but hopefully he goes down there and impresses. He hasn't contributed too much here in all honesty and most of that is down to his own stupidity.

Not happy with this, this will prove to be an error of judgement. Binned after a bad tackle against Celtic. Gerrard in his younger days had moments of madness with some really bad tackles, a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
You've no idea if that's the reason.

Not happy with this, this will prove to be an error of judgement. Binned after a bad tackle against Celtic. Gerrard in his younger days had moments of madness with some really bad tackles, a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Aye mate, that’s it, one tackle.

Nothing at all to with his application in training and his general all round attitude.

File alongside lafferty. How many of us would give our right arm to be in their position just for attitude to let them down.

If we make money on him then hey ho. I won’t shed any tears.

Are you comparing Gerrard the player with Jones?

Of course, highly talented individuals get more leeway. That's football - and generally, life.

I suspect it's a little more than that.

That's clearly not the reason.

Obviously had limited appearances of late but looks a shadow of the player we had at the very start of his time here.

You don't see the problem of him celebrating like a maniac against the side he just signed a pre-contact with?
No? He’s a professional football player doing a job for the club he played for at the time. It’s not really a big deal.

I’m disappointed to be honest, he is a far better option than Ojo and Barker.

He's not really any better than Ojo. Barker I will probably give you.

Jones is a player who many questioned the signing off when we were linked with him. He's also a player who's got better the longer he has been out.

did I not read on hear earlier he had problems with so called mates in Middlesbrough and that was a big factor in him moving to Kille, to get away from them and keep himself out of bother?

I keep reading this, but surely you must realise clubs probably don’t want Barker because he’s not very good and not as good as Jones? It’s not like the option is there to punt one or the other to these clubs.
True, but i still think there would be some teams taking an interest although with his rumoured wages I can understand why he wouldnt be in a rush to go.

He's not really any better than Ojo. Barker I will probably give you.

Jones is a player who many questioned the signing off when we were linked with him. He's also a player who's got better the longer he has been out.

Jones has actually played very well in the division we play in, the reason we signed him in the first place, he’s proven at this level.

I don’t think he’s had a fair crack of the whip.

Jones has actually played very well in the division we play in, the reason we signed him in the first place, he’s proven at this level.

In a Killie side playing a totally different style of play to ours.

He only has himself to blame.

thought he still had something to offer with his direct play. Gerrard must be seeing something in training, performance or attitude that doesn't quite stack up

Jesus Christ
We’re Going back to the days of no options from the bench

defoe injured
Jack injured
Morelos a suspension risk/slightly injured
Tav injured
Helander injured
Greg Stewart Injured

“loaning” Jones out
A guy who can contribute as we’ve seen early on This season

Stewart will be fit for Sunday and Tav and Jack are no more than a fortnight away.

Defoe is also confident his injury isn't as bad as feared.

Jones has clearly struggled to adapt to our formation and there's been more than a few stories about his attitude.

We're bringing in 2, but more likely 3 new players, so our squad will look like....

McGregor, Wes

Tav, Borna, Polster, Flanagan, Patterson, Halliday

Goldson, Katic, Helander, Edmundson

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Another midfielder?

Kent, Hagi, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo

Morelos, Defoe, Kamberi

I've not even included Barker, as he may well be going too.

If we get another centre mid, (I think we will) then that squad has good quality and cover for every position.

We are definitely coming out of the window stronger than we went into it.

Disappointing had thought he’d turn out to be a good signing was excellent v hibs first home game of the season, would liked to have seen him get a run of games but I’ll trust Gerrard

He wasn't a stand out at all.

He a good game in Denmark and supplied a great cross for Alfie against Legia.

Apart from that I'm struggling.

He's fast but that means nothing when all his does is run constantly straight into defenders.

Agreed on this

Not too many games other than the ones stated stand out for me at all tbh

Its a puzzler. Cant help but get the feeling that he blew it big time with Gerrard. Best outcome for us that he goes.

thought he still had something to offer with his direct play. Gerrard must be seeing something in training, performance or attitude that doesn't quite stack up
Or he just sees the poor player we saw Vs Stranraer and thought enough is enough.

Still think he has something to offer, would rather have offloaded barker, rather than him, but in Stevie we trust!

True but in a team set up to play on the counter. Lots of players can play well for the wee teams but struggle at us. Because the way that we play is totally different.

Back