Jordan Rossiter has no part to play at Rangers after being told to find new club

Whilst I get the excitement the player generated in theory in reality he's had a tragic time. Shame as he seems like a genuine lad and I think he's been desperately unlucky but it's no surprise SG cannot afford him any more time.

This thread is littered with posters still in denial that this could be true-it clearly is.

Beyond that the comparisons made to existing players is frankly delusional but again not surprising. So many posters on here really don't understand either the nuts and bolts of how a team works or the fact players who don't have overtly flashy attributes are inferior to ones who in theory are more technical/skilled.

Suggestions that JR will go on to have a better career than McCrorie are built on very shaky foundations and there's always a thread to have a go at Ryan Jack.

I hope the young lad continues to improve and get game time but I get the strong impression he's not got the fitness levels or physicality to make it at Rangers.

Whilst I get the excitement the player generated in theory in reality he's had a tragic time. Shame as he seems like a genuine lad and I think he's been desperately unlucky but it's no surprise SG cannot afford him any more time.

This thread is littered with posters still in denial that this could be true-it clearly is.

Beyond that the comparisons made to existing players is frankly delusional but again not surprising. So many posters on here really don't understand either the nuts and bolts of how a team works or the fact players who don't have overtly flashy attributes are inferior to ones who in theory are more technical/skilled.

Suggestions that JR will go on to have a better career than McCrorie are built on very shaky foundations and there's always a thread to have a go at Ryan Jack.

I hope the young lad continues to improve and get game time but I get the strong impression he's not got the fitness levels or physicality to make it at Rangers.
An accurate assesment.

Claiming Rossiter would come back and take Jack's place is akin to saying Hardie will come back replace Morelos.

They were playing 2 games a week quite frequently

Rossiter signed for them in January. They only played 5 midweek games between then and the end of the season and 2 of them were postponed from the previous weekend, so he only played 2 games in a week 3 times, at a much less intense level than at Rangers.

Not his fault and I really feel for him, but I doubt he would ever maintain the level of fitness to be a success here and would be targeted by the hammer throwers if he was.

Rossiter signed for them in January. They only played 5 midweek games between then and the end of the season and 2 of them were postponed from the previous weekend, so he only played 2 games in a week 3 times, at a much less intense level than at Rangers.

Not his fault and I really feel for him, but I doubt he would ever maintain the level of fitness to be a success here and would be targeted by the hammer throwers if he was.
I get your point but if JR is needed to play 60 games a season then the management hasn’t done its job , hence our massive squad depth so the same players aren’t playing Thursday Sunday , I think very few of our players will play 60+ games this season

Unfortunate as it is for the lad, it seems as if it's the right call. He has been really unlucky with injuries and we have to take the right call for the club moving forward. he seems like a good kid, and will end up having a decent career, I'm sure.

We've spent £1000's rehabing his guy over the years. I think it's probably wishful thinking bordering on delusion that that'll be him injury free and ready to thrive

Really sad, I think we all grew attatched to him because his attitude is fantastic but as a pure business dicision it makes sense to get him off the books.

I'm guessing the insurance would contribute to rehab etc.

Said it before....

Nice or unlucky guys are no use to us! We need players who are reliable and can make an impact on the first team.

Rossiter, Dorrans, Lafferty, Holt etc are everything but this.

There’s no room for sentiment.

Seems a great lad who has been crippled by injuries, I think he’s shown signs of being a top player when seen but clearly unreliable as we head into a new season

Good luck to him, it’s a real pity it’s not worked out but our manager is employed to make these big decisions, I have a feeling this one would be very difficult for him but had to be made imo

I remember Sir Alex Ferguson saying a long time ago that there are players who generally stay free from injury or make quick recoveries and there are players who are continually injured. That's life.

Has this been confirmed anywhere as being true, or just guesswork?
I think the fact he didn't go to Portugal pretty much confirmed it. A shame but if the manager doesn't think he's good enough that's the way it goes.

It’s clearly a case of “if there is interest in you then it might be better for you. We like you but you aren’t currently first pick”

We need to be as objective as possible here and can't allow sentiment or wishful thinking to influence our next move.

Say, for example, we offer the lad a new deal, only for him to break down again and face yet another lengthy spell on the sidelines.

We simply can't take that risk, so we have to cut our losses on the player.

I agree but there's also the fact that he's got 12 months left and other clubs aren't allowed to speak to him until January at the earliest. I would give it until then before making a decision personally.

However, I would not be surprised if he left this window.

Where in there does it say Rossiter has been told to find new club????

It doesnt.

I think Rangers have invested too much time and money not to give him one last chance now that hes stayed fit for the longest in his career.

Totally agree, it’s just the same artcike from a few days ago with Rossiter’s name added.

If you're Gerrard and you've got a certain amount of budget for wages and you're looking at the list of guys currently at the club and what they are on, it would be hard to find reasons why we should continue with Rossiter over moving him on and using the money it frees up trying to get someone you can actually rely on in.

There’s no mention of Rossiter in SG’s comments but anyone who’s not made the Portugal trip and their absence isn’t accounted for is surely on the way out

You’re bang on the money there.

I really like Jordan, great player, heart of a lion and a really nice guy unassuming etc... I really hoped he’d get the chance to show what he’s all about in pre-season but if he’s not even in Portugal then his future with is isn’t looking good at all. :(

It’s a strange one because we’ve stood by him, had a very successful loan spell were he kept fit and instead of getting his chance he’s been frozen out of the Portugal trip.

It doesn’t really make sense,.....if I really had to put money on it I’d say there’s a genuine reason why he’s not in Portugal and he’s still in the plans.

Come to terms with the fact the idea of Jordan Rossiter, is significantly better than the realism of having Jordan Rossiter.

Good luck to the lad

If you're Gerrard and you've got a certain amount of budget for wages and you're looking at the list of guys currently at the club and what they are on, it would be hard to find reasons why we should continue with Rossiter over moving him on and using the money it frees up trying to get someone you can actually rely on in.

Probably free up about £50k a week by getting Dorrans, Lafferty & Herrera off the books.

You’re bang on the money there.

I really like Jordan, great player, heart of a lion and a really nice guy unassuming etc... I really hoped he’d get the chance to show what he’s all about in pre-season but if he’s not even in Portugal then his future with is isn’t looking good at all. :(

It’s a strange one because we’ve stood by him, had a very successful loan spell were he kept fit and instead of getting his chance he’s been frozen out of the Portugal trip.

It doesn’t really make sense,.....if I really had to put money on it I’d say there’s a genuine reason why he’s not in Portugal and he’s still in the plans.

Yeah also thinking bit going to Portugal kinda confirms his future. Though in saying that don't think it would have done any harm giving him the chance after doing all that he could at Bury.

Rossiter like many young players that leave big clubs simply aren't that good. We all got carried away because he came from Liverpool. We are probably paying him well and have had absolutely nothing in return. Time for him to move on

One thing is for sure every Bear wanted this lad to succeed and for one reason or the other mainly been injured most of if not all his Gers career it’s sad and unlucky.

IF the lad is away I wish him nothing but good luck and hope he can go on and have a decent career still as he’s young enough.

But he is not with the party in camp now and that should put this one to bed.

I personally don’t think he’ll have a shortage of clubs looking for his signature.
I just find it strange we finally get him fit and playing some games only for us to ditch him.

I personally don’t think he’ll have a shortage of clubs looking for his signature.
I just find it strange we finally get him fit and playing some games only for us to ditch him.

He was playing games for Bury, not us, and he was obviously sent there because Gerrard didn’t think he was adequate for us. Time to let this one go.

I did say on here about a year ago that we should cut our losses with this guy.
Given that he strung a good few games together while on loan though, I thought we might get him back for one more season and see what he can do when fit.
The manager must have been keeping tabs on him though and has decided that Rossiter is not what we need.
We either back that judgement or we don't.
I will go with the manager here.

He has a year left on his deal.
Off the back of a good run of games.
Will have alerted someone if he done OK on loan.
Would you leave him on the bench a season and see him walk for nothing?
Would you give him a new long term deal?
Maybe we offered a year to protect our investment and maybe he rejected it.
Either way, least risky time to cash in is now!

I rated the kid, wanted it to work.
But if the manager thinks this is for the best let it be.

Back