Jose Cordoba

His interview recently he said he had lost weight this season for the extra running he's being asked to do, so makes sense he would struggle against the physical guys if he's not as strong now

Though this has coincided with a loss of pace as well which left us horribly exposed to a long ball over the top.

Come on, how ridiculous is that. He's playing as a centre half in Scotland.

The excuses for this guy is unbelievable. You are allowed to run a lot and still be solid.

Jose Cordoba in advanced Rangers transfer talks as he gets Ibrox VIP treatment

The 22-year-old was in attendance for Sunday's 4-1 win over Kilmarnock.

angers are in advanced talks over the signing of Panama international Jose Cordoba.

The 22-year-old was in attendance for Sunday's 4-1 win over Kilmarnock and is wanted at Ibrox with one year remaining on his contract at Levski Sofia. The defender arrived in Europe with Celta Vigo back in 2020 but he's rose to prominence with his form in Bulgaria. And now Philippe Clement is closing in on his first summer signing - reports the Rangers Review.

And it could be all change in the heart of the Ibrox defence with Leon Balogun out of contract and both Ben Davies and Connor Goldson linked with potential moves away this summer. Cordoba has played 10 times for his country and is likely to be a wanted man with only 12 months remaining at Sofia. Clement and signing chief Nils Koppen are aiming to put their stamp on Rangers with loan star Oscar Cortes another who could return next season. The centre half came through the ranks at Independiente and moved on to Celta Fortuna. Cordoba falls into the Ibrox scouting category. They made it a priority to target players of 24 or under that can bring a real future value to the club. Head of recruitment Nils Koppen has been leading that search.

angers are in advanced talks over the signing of Panama international Jose Cordoba.

The 22-year-old was in attendance for Sunday's 4-1 win over Kilmarnock and is wanted at Ibrox with one year remaining on his contract at Levski Sofia. The defender arrived in Europe with Celta Vigo back in 2020 but he's rose to prominence with his form in Bulgaria. And now Philippe Clement is closing in on his first summer signing - reports the Rangers Review.

And it could be all change in the heart of the Ibrox defence with Leon Balogun out of contract and both Ben Davies and Connor Goldson linked with potential moves away this summer. Cordoba has played 10 times for his country and is likely to be a wanted man with only 12 months remaining at Sofia. Clement and signing chief Nils Koppen are aiming to put their stamp on Rangers with loan star Oscar Cortes another who could return next season. The centre half came through the ranks at Independiente and moved on to Celta Fortuna. Cordoba falls into the Ibrox scouting category. They made it a priority to target players of 24 or under that can bring a real future value to the club. Head of recruitment Nils Koppen has been leading that search.
Seems concrete enough then

Is this with regards Cordoba or the earlier video of Tanganga?

Having watched the Cordoba clips on YouTube, he looks like one of those players some fans will just never take to because of his running style and how he somehow looks awkward (yet his touch and passing look pretty good despite that).

But a lot of this looks promising.

How is this site free?

Reactions: VGM

My interpretation of all of this ? PC is a winner unlike some of these players and he is going about this the right way IF the guys he brings in are proper competitors and removes those that don’t have that mentality . This story suggests to me that’s what’s happening .

There is some promise imo

Last edited:
Watched his YouTube video, looks like he’s playing at left back not left side of central defence? What’s his natural position? Hopefully Jefte is our new left back.

Come on, how ridiculous is that. He's playing as a centre half in Scotland.

The excuses for this guy is unbelievable. You are allowed to run a lot and still be solid.

How ridiculous is it that players might be stronger than him?

The Rangers shirt doesn't have magical powers that changes the laws of physics mate.

How ridiculous is it that players might be stronger than him?

The Rangers shirt doesn't have magical powers that changes the laws of physics mate.

The idea is the 30k p/w centre back should be faster and stronger than jobbers.

It doesn't even hold up as a theory. The notion a Rangers CB is prioritising speed ahead of strength. .

OK so no player in the league can be faster or stronger than a Rangers player, just because?

Do you realise how much shite you are talking?
I think the logic is that of your getting 30k per week to be a centre half then your should be either faster than the player your up against or stronger but regardless capable of being the best in your position.

I think

I think the logic is that of your getting 30k per week to be a centre half then your should be either faster than the player your up against or stronger but regardless capable of being the best in your position.

I think
Who’s in 30k pw , Ben Davies ?

I think

It's logic that goes against all science.

He said when he came up to Scotland he struggled with the physical aspect and was being bullied by centre forward. He put on around 5kg to deal with it - he doesn't specifically say so but I assume he means 5kg of muscle.

He then says he's now asked to run a lot more - it's obvious we press the defence much further up the park, so he has had to drop weight - again not specifically mentioned but presumably this is muscle mass, therefore not as strong.

So some players will be stronger and some players will be faster. Its not been every game he's struggled with a big physical striker, but some he has, and it's not been every game he's struggled with a quick striker, but some he has.

What is apparent though is his struggles are more frequent now, against both types of forward.

He's not the player he was and it's time for him to love on

It's logic that goes against all science.

He said when he came up to Scotland he struggled with the physical aspect and was being bullied by centre forward. He put on around 5kg to deal with it - he doesn't specifically say so but I assume he means 5kg of muscle.

He then says he's now asked to run a lot more - it's obvious we press the defence much further up the park, so he has had to drop weight - again not specifically mentioned but presumably this is muscle mass, therefore not as strong.

So some players will be stronger and some players will be faster. Its not been every game he's struggled with a big physical striker, but some he has, and it's not been every game he's struggled with a quick striker, but some he has.

What is apparent though is his struggles are more frequent now, against both types of forward.

He's not the player he was and it's time for him to love on
Nah

Was told that the club had a potential signing being given the full works at the game on Sunday, and then told this name yesterday.
He was at the game on Sunday, we saw him get out of a range river at the Govan stand just before. KO. Obviously didn’t know who he was at the time

Also been linked with Eintracht to replace William Pacho - who we were also rumoured to be in for before going there and is now valued it about 50 mil.

Love an exotic centre half. Get him signed.
Random one but do you remember Omar Alderete at Hertha Berlin? I really liked him the few times I’ve seen him. His name popped in my head when you said about exotic defenders.

Random one but do you remember Omar Alderete at Hertha Berlin? I really liked him the few times I’ve seen him. His name popped in my head when you said about exotic defenders.

Haha, the name vaguely rings a bell, mate. Hertha have been through some amount of players over the years, it's hard to keep up!

Watched his YouTube video, looks like he’s playing at left back not left side of central defence? What’s his natural position? Hopefully Jefte is our new left back.

He’s a centre back, played 92 games there and 5 at left back.

Back