Jose Cordoba

Not surprised at this one from the original stories last summer and then the way the season has panned out we had to do something as a priority for the new manager .

He has a CD that are pussies .

Do we know if John Brown scouted this guy ?

Edit :
a decent compilation

Also had some European qualifier experience in the last two seasons https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jos...a/0/wettbewerb/ECLQ/pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1
No thanks.i saw three penalties that Scottish refs would love to call and that was in the first minute of the reel.

Face it guys. Players in the Scottish league aren’t good enough for the Rangers. The good old days of signing a Baxter McLean or Stein are long gone. I can’t think of a Scottish player that would walk into our side and I know that there will be bleats about Ferguson and Shankland. Their play in Scotland was not with the pressure on them that comes with pulling on the blue jersey in front of our crowd who are the fastest to criticize a player and love to do so.
I would rather have some big Romanian who doesn’t give a sh** about where he puts his boot than some guy from Inverness who thinks he is the next Beckenbauer.

Face it guys. Players in the Scottish league aren’t good enough for the Rangers. The good old days of signing a Baxter McLean or Stein are long gone. I can’t think of a Scottish player that would walk into our side and I know that there will be bleats about Ferguson and Shankland. Their play in Scotland was not with the pressure on them that comes with pulling on the blue jersey in front of our crowd who are the fastest to criticize a player and love to do so.
I would rather have some big Romanian who doesn’t give a sh** about where he puts his boot than some guy from Inverness who thinks he is the next Beckenbauer.
I can’t think of many players in the Scotland squad that wouldn’t get a game for us

There have been plenty players in our league in recent years who could do a good job at rangers and just about every successful rangers side has had a core of Scottish talent.

Yes, they are.

If we are to be successful consistently again then we will need to sign some of these players too. Every successful Rangers team in history had a core of players signed from other Scottish teams.

I know others will disagree with some of these names but guys like McGinn, Hickey, McKenna, Porteous, Ferguson, McLean all are guys we should have been looking at over the past few years. Some as first choice and some as squad players.

Right now there are 3/4 guys that we should be looking at but I sadly don't think we will be. (Miller at Motherwell, Shankland, Watson at Kilmarnock).

What is factually accurate is they are both shite and thankfully won't be leading the line next season!
That's neither factual or accurate though, despite me agreeing with the last part. This forum has been crying out for seasons on end for a 20 goal striker. Dessers has achieved that despite missing a plethora of other chances he should have put away. If you see the list of names he's outscored going back 20 years it's ridiculous and contains some of my favourite players. He's not shite, he is one of the most frustrating and erratic players we've ever had and there is a distinct difference there. He has scored some ridiculously good, technical goals this season. He will still be here as a backup next season imo.

Lammers never got a chance to play as our number 9, despite looking good and scoring there preseason. He moves back to Holland, plays his natural position and breaks a 40 year old, national, top league record for most consecutive games scored. He isn't shite either but I do think he lacks the mental strength to play for us or to thrive in our environment. We will get our money back in the summer.

Looking at thier squad on transfermarkt theres a lot of older players and obviously out of budget players but the only I think it could be is the young dr congo striker Muleka, not Besiktas first choice striker, they have played him off the sides at times and he has played in Belgium for Liege. Total guess work but seems the type we would go for and has the belgium link so could be someone Clement is aware of. Either that or Joe Worral lol.

Looking at thier squad on transfermarkt theres a lot of older players and obviously out of budget players but the only I think it could be is the young dr congo striker Muleka, not Besiktas first choice striker, they have played him off the sides at times and he has played in Belgium for Liege. Total guess work but seems the type we would go for and has the belgium link so could be someone Clement is aware of. Either that or Joe Worral lol.
He’s in a long contract Jackson Muleka at Besiktas would be expensive .

Worrall omg what a thought

Dessers is a 20 goal striker and Lammers is on fire and breaking records on loan. Neither are duds. I do get and mostly agree with your point though.
The point is there’s more to scouting than saying a guy has ability. Scottish football is as much about mental strength as physical skill.

Agree with all of that. There is too much smoke/randomness about this one to not have something in it.

I’m happy that our scouting team are looking at criteria:
A tall aggressive
Young
Left sided CB
Who plays every minute of every game

His club sold off a couple of their better players in winter window for £2-2.5m. He is now their highest valued player according to Transfermarkt (which admittedly holds little value). I can’t imagine wages would be an issue so a comparatively lower risk signing than some of our high earning missteps of recent years
You may be right and the boy may be a good player. I’d prefer we were targeting young Scottish talent who would bust a gut to play for Rangers but are now elsewhere Lewis Ferguson for example.

You may be right and the boy may be a good player. I’d prefer we were targeting young Scottish talent who would bust a gut to play for Rangers but are now elsewhere Lewis Ferguson for example.
No idea if he will turn out to be a good player or not, at least the criteria we are looking for is sensible and fills a need.

I too would be happy to pick up young Scottish talent but it needs to be at the right level and price - Ferguson certainly fitted my idea of a good young midfield signing with plenty of games under his belt. Miller looks promising at Motherwell but that would maybe suit a buy and loan back kind of deal which we don’t have the spare cash to do.

Im back where I was last summer with the notion of a rebuild and kicking off this trading machine. It involves ceasing our dependency on the old guard (getting completely rid is easier said than done); adding as much pace, energy and size as we can; having that balance of guys who are ready now and those with higher ceilings that we aim to develop and sell on.

It’s insane to think it might already be an improvement on beale’s approach that we are actually looking at areas and attributes that we need (unlike shoehorning a striker into a CAM; signing an old backup CB; no wingers…)

An injury or perhaps they've taken the huff that he's been over here for talks.
Levski Sofia have a lot of debt and according to Transfermarkt this would be in top 3 transfers fees received in there history. Add to that they have 3 games left and they can’t catch the team in 3rd. so basically playing meaningless games, No way would they risk him.

He also loves a Boughera style mazy looking at the clips and is surprisingly nimble with the ball at his feet. I really like the look of him but he 100% won't get the free pass Vickers gets in terms of being overly physical. A few tackles he gets away with in the clips would be given as certain fouls here.
From what I’ve seen on YouTube (I know);

He’s reasonably comfortable with the ball at his feet, albeit looks a tad awkward. He doesn’t look afraid to take on a man or put a tackle in

More importantly he’s athletic and a fucking unit that looks like exactly the type of CB that we need. And being left footed is a bonus.

Is this with regards Cordoba or the earlier video of Tanganga?

Having watched the Cordoba clips on YouTube, he looks like one of those players some fans will just never take to because of his running style and how he somehow looks awkward (yet his touch and passing look pretty good despite that).

But a lot of this looks promising.

I'm keeping my powder dry on a CH looking awkward after big Helander who I thought looked just that and was actually the best CH we'd had for a fair while.

There's still talant in the Scottish league I'd like us to sign Miovski from Aberdeen who has proven to be a very good forward and I'd also sign Gogic from St Mirren and hard uncompromising defender something we've been lacking for some time.

Connor Barron at Aberdeen, Lennon Miller at Motherwell and Danny Armstrong at Kilmarnock are all good prospects and depending on price could be good additions to the squad.

Think the talk was back in January we would try and get him this summer.

With Barisic away and Ridvan never properly fit we badly need a LB in.
Do we really need a Brazilian plying his trade in Cyprus to play in Scotland. Is there no Scottish left backs that would do just as well, if not better?

Do we really need a Brazilian plying his trade in Cyprus to play in Scotland. Is there no Scottish left backs that would do just as well, if not better?
I don't know much about him tbf although the reports on him looked decent but you could say that for many of the players we target/eventually sign and our recruitment for several years has been terrible.

Koppen will know a lot about him for sure.

The rumoured fee for Jefte was 500k, who apparently is a talented and promising young player.

Doig for context, has had up and down form in Italy since moving from Hivs and went for a few million a couple of years ago. Then you'd need to add on the 'Rangers tax' to the price clubs that hate us inevitably add on.

So the answer to your question is no, there's no one in the price market we want to shop in that's better.

I'm keeping my powder dry on a CH looking awkward after big Helander who I thought looked just that and was actually the best CH we'd had for a fair while.
The aesthetic is basically irrelevant for anyone watching the actual game we have had vg players who ‘suffered’ that including Helander and Cuellar and back in time there have been many more

Back