Jose Cordoba

There's still talant in the Scottish league I'd like us to sign Miovski from Aberdeen who has proven to be a very good forward and I'd also sign Gogic from St Mirren and hard uncompromising defender something we've been lacking for some time.

Connor Barron at Aberdeen, Lennon Miller at Motherwell and Danny Armstrong at Kilmarnock are all good prospects and depending on price could be good additions to the squad.
Miovski would be way out of our budget.

Ye we do we need two pick CDs and we keep Souttar and possibly Balogun plus a younger CD we are happy to play ( it’s not Leon King )
This is my logic for keeping Balogun.

Every penny we have this season has to go on improving the first XI. Balogun represents a cheap backup that no-one has any fear about playing in any game. We all hope he wouldn’t need to play, but using any of the budget this season for a similar level of cover at centre-back just lessens the resources available to spend where it is desperately needed.

This is my logic for keeping Balogun.

Every penny we have this season has to go on improving the first XI. Balogun represents a cheap backup that no-one has any fear about playing in any game. We all hope he wouldn’t need to play, but using any of the budget this season for a similar level of cover at centre-back just lessens the resources available to spend where it is desperately needed.
Yep id be convinced with that argument too providing the fitness test metrics say we have a player equipped for the rigours.

However I think we need five CD at least so to me a dev player has to be in the mix but I can’t say anyone is saying Leon King is ready so there is a Q mark on that matter .

I've actually gave up on predicting how players will be with us.

I think that's the best approach personally. Of course, I don't always do that, as per an earlier post in this thread, but I'll try to at least be aware of preconceptions and comparisons being a problem.

The aesthetic is basically irrelevant for anyone watching the actual game we have had vg players who ‘suffered’ that including Helander and Cuellar and back in time there have been many more

I had many a debate about Helander on here and elsewhere early in his time with us. He looked slower and more awkward than he really was, I felt.

Him as a first choice left centre back and another first choice right centre back is a good start to rebuilding. Rebuild the spine of the team, that’s what we need.

Bring in two first choice centre midfielders, two wingers and two strikers.

Him as a first choice left centre back and another first choice right centre back is a good start to rebuilding. Rebuild the spine of the team, that’s what we need.

Bring in two first choice centre midfielders, two wingers and two strikers.
The longer it stays quiet about Connor Barron’s future the more likely I think we are moving for him. Not necessarily first choice centre midfield but certainly a replacement for Jack in the wider squad

The longer it stays quiet about Connor Barron’s future the more likely I think we are moving for him. Not necessarily first choice centre midfield but certainly a replacement for Jack in the wider squad
He’s not included in the two main first choice centre midfielders for me. If he’s brought in it’s as a squad player.

I don’t mind the options of two main first choice midfielders, diomande, raskin, sterling and Barron as the main options for the centre midfield slot. Think it’s a significant upgrade on what we have currently.

I think Balogun struggles more than any of our other defenders - including Davies - with a physical striker.
I like balogun

But his set is generally his pace allowing us to defend higher.

He's an OK defender not bad not great

Souttar is only one with any physical presence

Bologna in for him apparently, so he'll likely choose them.
Guaranteed Champion's League and not getting kicked around the park here. Wouldn't blame him for choosing that over us.

I'll need to look at his montage again, because the 1 minute clip I watched made me nervous (and I'm usually easily impressed if we're signing someone).

Bologna in for him apparently, so he'll likely choose them.
Guaranteed Champion's League and not getting kicked around the park here. Wouldn't blame him for choosing that over us.
Amazing city too . Plus he likes pizza pie .

Sign as many 2m guys like this as we want it won’t do.
He's been voted best defender in Bulgaria last two seasons which admittedly wont be the best standard, but I'm inclined to agree. In key positions like his we need the finished article, or as close to that as our budget will allow.

Price tag isn't a guarantee on quality. Do the players have the required skills, attributes and mindset to play for us with the demands that come with that.

Hopefully Koppen and the management team have done the necessary work to compile a list of players with these factors built in.

There's still talant in the Scottish league I'd like us to sign Miovski from Aberdeen who has proven to be a very good forward and I'd also sign Gogic from St Mirren and hard uncompromising defender something we've been lacking for some time.

Connor Barron at Aberdeen, Lennon Miller at Motherwell and Danny Armstrong at Kilmarnock are all good prospects and depending on price could be good additions to the squad.
Looks like he’s going to Bologna, seen it doing the rounds on Twitter and in the Daily Rectum.

Sign as many 2m guys like this as we want it won’t do.
What will do? £3-4m guys like Lammers, Dessers, Davies, and Matondo?

For a guy to come to us and be guaranteed (although no-one is) to be successful we need to be paying close to £10m at least, and we can’t afford that when that’s the sort of price be will be selling our successful players for.

Now that the interest in Cordoba has almost certainly been confirmed I wonder if some of the other rumours from January are also in the pipeline. From memory Smal and Kouame were heavily linked. Not sure about others?

Probably a pipe dream but I would love us to get Denkey.
Like you, I think Denkey would be sensational but he’s probably overperformed this season relative to our budget

Looks like he’s going to Bologna, seen it doing the rounds on Twitter and in the Daily Rectum.
Is that Miovski? We should certainly be asking the question as he'd be a good signing that wouldn't need time to settle.

Right profile definitely

But by the video he looks a bit slow and slightly cumbersome. Style of football also looks very slow. Be a totally different pace here in Scotland
Aye, his YouTube highlights aren't the best. Looks very clumsy and prone to committing silly fouls. Also, I'm surprised a few on here describing him as quick.

But anyway - welcome to Rangers, Jose! :))

He's been voted best defender in Bulgaria last two seasons which admittedly wont be the best standard, but I'm inclined to agree. In key positions like his we need the finished article, or as close to that as our budget will allow.
The finished articles within our budget are just not good enough to be real difference makers.
Putting faith in potential and players developing while on our books is our only chance of seeing quality players these days unfortunately. Also the only move that makes sense for a "player trading model".

problem for me is the yellow cards, he's already getting a decent amount in another league and you know that will make him a target for the scum ref squad

Is that Miovski? We should certainly be asking the question as he'd be a good signing that wouldn't need time to settle.
Barron mate. In the rags that Bologna, Cagliari and one other team from Italy are after him and I’m sure I read Swansea also.

Miovski will be too expensive I imagine.

Apoel have triggered their option to buy Jefte, the player can still turn them down which you would imagine he will do if there is an offer from us.

The deadline is the 31st May so we should find out soon.

Apoel have triggered their option to buy Jefte, the player can still turn them down which you would imagine he will do if there is an offer from us.

I thought there was a report previously that said he was happy there?

Surely if we are still interested he will choose us over them.

Back