Josh Windass Instagram story

I would have loved Josh to have stayed around. Think he would have flourished the season before last and would be a different player now under our coaching team. Fair enough he might not have been good enough for champions league this season but his regret is he'll never know.

May well get slaughtered but I reckon he’d have been good for us playing in one of the 10 roles behind Morelos

Imagine Kent one side, Windass on the other. I think it was his attitude that let him down rather than ability
He was too inconsistent though and often just didn’t show up

I would have loved Josh to have stayed around. Think he would have flourished the season before last and would be a different player now under our coaching team. Fair enough he might not have been good enough for champions league this season but his regret is he'll never know.

He could have, but Halliday has all but confirmed he would be playing wide right. Windass didn't like it.

Actually think it's detrimental to his career because Micky Beale could have turned him into a proper effective player, assuming he knuckled down. Had all the tools. Instead, he's a superstar at Wigan and the Championship is probably his ceiling.

Bit sad reading that as he had all the attributes but something was missing , could be heart or hunger .

Half of the problem with Josh was he had his dad constantly in his ear telling him what a superstar he is.

Compare to Hagi senior telling his boy to stick with Rangers so he could learn his trade under one of the best midfielders in a generation. (Gary Mac wasn’t too bad either!)

No harm to Josh, he was decent enough for us at a time when we were poor. If he'd stuck it out under Gerrard he'd have soon found himself edged out the side regardless. We've certainly outgrown his level. For instance Scott Wright, not a first pick himself, is far better than Josh.

Never understood the dislike he got from a section on here. He was/is as daft as a brush but done us a more than decent turn between Oct-March during the 17/18 season. That 3-2 defeat at home vs scum seemed to completely destroy him and the team.

I knew he'd regret leaving. Gerrard could have worked wonders with him but he obviously thought the grass was greener.

Good luck to him.

There was a love in for Josh windass? If my memory serves me right the vast majority of fans were glad to see him punted.
Alot of fellow bears i knew loved him and on twitter but i never got why he was a twat of a boy.

Overrated him aswell and he overrated himself aswell when he left.

"When i seen the offer Ranges accepted i was a bit miffed and decided to leave"

By getting £3m we bumped Wigan.

Seems like a lad who had his head filled with shit that his dad and probably many others were telling him since he was a young boy

I liked him with us, thought he had talent and as many others have said Gerrard, Beale etc could have seen him fulfil it

When he left I genuinely thought it was one we could see getting the head down then getting his move to a decent side, however seems his inability to knuckle down and work hard means his career will now always be in lower English leagues

A bit of a waste of talent in all honesty

There was a love in for Josh windass? If my memory serves me right the vast majority of fans were glad to see him punted.

Nah there were definitely quite a few who never shut about his 18 or so goals and would get their knickers in a twist when myself and a few others broke his tally down to show how big a portion of them were scored in cup games against teams in the lower leagues or braces against Hamilton and the like.

Others insisted he was EPL bound and would be worth a decent bit of money in time. Safe to say they were spectacularly wrong in the end. Don’t think Gerrard would have been able to do a great deal more with him either, he’s got some ability but you need more than he has, and you need more than a complete vacuum between the ears too.

Thought fans were quite right to have a go at him too, as a footballer you’ll get criticism, it’s part and parcel of the game and far better players than Windass have come in for serious criticism or even abuse (which I personally don’t condone). Trying to shush people after a goal at fortress Firhill just isn’t a good look, it’s all about perception really.

Back