Juan Alegria - any progress?

M0LS

I know he's had injury issues and has only played a couple of matches for the reserves. I still have high hopes he can follow the trail blazed by Alfie. Does anybody know what's going on with him?

I know he's had injury issues and has only played a couple of matches for the reserves. I still have high hopes he can follow the trail blazed by Alfie. Does anybody know what's going on with him?
If he's injured then going by the previous record of our physio /medical staff he will be out for some time yet.

What you looking for bud?

He’s incredibly raw, he has the physical attributes (which you’d expect consider his age in comparison to the others, but still) but technically still needs a lot development.

He’s a good finisher, he must still be about a goal a game this season but he doesn’t usually start for the B team as Weston is better and he has had some injury issues.

I think there’s development there, wouldn’t write him off at all. I was hoping he’d be loaned out this window but perhaps he’s still acclimatising to the country and it’s best to keep him here.

He has played what feels like very little games though.

His agent initially said he'd be disappointed if he wasn't making strides into first team action this year.

Academy seem to think otherwise he still has some way to go. Understandably had challenges setting into life in Scotland given what he flew into. This won't have helped.

His agent initially said he'd be disappointed if he wasn't making strides into first team action this year.

Academy seem to think otherwise he still has some way to go. Understandably had challenges setting into life in Scotland given what he flew into. This won't have helped.
I know the club were doing their best to get him settled and make him feel a part of the club, so they do clearly have hopes for him.

Hopefully kicks on.

What you looking for bud?

He’s incredibly raw, he has the physical attributes (which you’d expect consider his age in comparison to the others, but still) but technically still needs a lot development.

He’s a good finisher, he must still be about a goal a game this season but he doesn’t usually start for the B team as Weston is better and he has had some injury issues.

I think there’s development there, wouldn’t write him off at all. I was hoping he’d be loaned out this window but perhaps he’s still acclimatising to the country and it’s best to keep him here.

He has played what feels like very little games though.
Thanks, great insight. I suppose his hype and the obvious comparison to Morelos have not helped him. We were involved in prolonged negotiations to get him signed, so I suppose I was hoping he'd be nearer the first squad by now. Sounds like he's clearly some way off.

Is the boy Weston not rated higher than him?
Weston is quite interesting, in the sense I think it was actually Gerrard who suggested him to the academy.

Gerrard had been aware of him, and asking about him since he was about 13 - Weston being a Liverpool fan and growing up 3 doors away from Gerrard’s old house made it all the more romantic.

Anyway, aye. He’s better just now.

Last edited:
Back