Juan Mata

Talktalk

After the game yesterday I got home and ended up having to go to Glenkinchie distillery in East Lothian,

I ended up talking with Juan Mata who was visiting Scotland with his Mrs, talked with him for nearly an hour and he was saying he had just finished the season in Japan and was a free agent but had an option to go back, what an absolute cracking man who was delighted to talk away even after I said I didn’t know who he was and asked if he was Italian.

His Mrs loaded in I was having fun and was killing herself as he was trying to tell me who he played for in England ect, I said the only JM I can remember is a young kid who played for Valencia but he must have got injured .

When the penny dropped he was killing himself laughing and talked about football. When I got home I looked him up and feck me I knew he was a top player but didn’t realise how many awards he has won during the career.

They were traveling up north so I’m sure others will see him, what a gentleman he is .

After the game yesterday I got home and ended up having to go to Glenkinchie distillery in East Lothian,

I ended up talking with Juan Mata who was visiting Scotland with his Mrs, talked with him for nearly an hour and he was saying he had just finished the season in Japan and was a free agent but had an option to go back, what an absolute cracking man who was delighted to talk away even after I said I didn’t know who he was and asked if he was Italian.

His Mrs loaded in I was having fun and was killing herself as he was trying to tell me who he played for in England ect, I said the only JM I can remember is a young kid who played for Valencia but he must have got injured .

When the penny dropped he was killing himself laughing and talked about football. When I got home I looked him up and feck me I knew he was a top player but didn’t realise how many awards he has won during the career.

They were traveling up north so I’m sure others will see him, what a gentleman he is .

Seen something yesterday from the same place somebody thought it was Robbie Neilson. What a comedown for Mata!

Whats-App-Image-2024-04-08-at-11-37-29.jpg

You didn't know who Juan Mata was?:eek: Or you simply didn't recognise him to look at?

Juan Mata’s more than Juan Ghuy that’s for sure!

If he’s that fond of a drink maybe going up north to have signing talks with Drunkin Dunkin :):):)

My old mate is one of the tour guides.

One of my favourite ever football clips.
Have watched it about 100 times and still don’t think I can figure out what’s happened.

Juan Mata was some player at his peak.

I saw him play for Valencia on a school trip back in 2007 or 2008 - also in that Valencia squad that day was David Silva, David Villa, Santi Canizares, Joaquin, Raul Albiol and Ivan Helguera! Some team!

Back