Juninho Bacuna

Only started 2 games for us and got a goal + assist vs County & 2 assists vs Stirling Albion. I reckon he's a good player.

Has a bit of a lazy look about him and was probably under utilised in his time here due to it.

For the games he played for us he just didn't look interested, believe there was a player in him but it just never showed abd mustv have been the sane at training, good luck to him.

I doubt if any support demands more of its players than ours. If you pull on a Rangers jersey you have to deliver. It is nit every player who can cope with that expectation. Bacuba is a good player but as another poster shared, playing for Birmingham is a lot different to playing for Rangers.

Playing in the Championship for a club who could win or lose and nobody would care. He had ability, just didn’t seem to have the mentality to be a Rangers player.
This is it for me. There are lots of footballers happy enough to go through the motions and pick up a salary. This doesn’t cut the mustard at Rangers.

Reactions: TQ3
An English championship player, playing at his level. I wish the guy no ill will but he never looked like he fancied it at a club of our stature, even in his limited game time

He's a talented football player but never had the work ethic to take that further. My mates a Huddersfield fan and same the exact same when we signed him.

Typical flair player. Happy to go through the motions at Birmingham where it won't matter but never had the mentality for life at Rangers.

If he does well it might work out better for us getting rid of other dross. Every cloud and that.

The English Championship is probably overall a better standard that the Scottish Premiership, apart from us and celtic the rest of the teams in the Scottish Premiership are probably about English League 1 standard.

Here is a website comparing the two:

You know that wasn’t my point yeah? Playing for us is light years ahead of plying for any of the championship teams

Only started 2 games for us and got a goal + assist vs County & 2 assists vs Stirling Albion. I reckon he's a good player.

Has a bit of a lazy look about him and was probably under utilised in his time here due to it.
Maybe the coaches at Ibrox recognised this which contributed to the latter part of that sentence.

Don’t really know how people can have such strong opinions either way on the guy from his time with us tbh and have no idea why there are some with bad feelings towards him.

We took a chance on him and it didn’t work out that well. We sold him for a profit after 6 months which was a move that was best for both parties. Good luck to the lad in the future.

Lol! The guy was never given a real chance to succeed here,shame
I kinda liked him.
I think he was given enough pitch time. He did very little with it and was obviously not showing in training. Do we just keep playing folk that aren’t delivering?
This has worked out well for everyone I think including him.

Started in Prague as well and had a nightmare and looked like he shat it tbh.

Signalled to come off injured in the first half and was then on the bench the following Sunday.

Had my doubts about him from there.

Very much a victim of circumstance. Worked his way to a starting berth under Gerrard, a goal and an assist on his first start at Ibrox, I thought that it looked like he'd finally arrived. Then Gerrard leaves a few days later and he gets lost in the shuffle again once Gio arrived. I thought the fact he grew up and learned his trade in Holland would curry some favour with the new coaching set up, but Gio used him less than Gerrard did. Sometimes things don't work out for you, a shame really but we got a fee and Ramsey on loan instead though. Also Lowry's emergence likely hastened his exit.

Wish him all the best in the future.

Football player in he’s no shite shock.

Can’t wait till BB or JJ start scoring again.

Takes more than ability to be a Rangers player.

Very much a victim of circumstance. Worked his way to a starting berth under Gerrard, a goal and an assist on his first start at Ibrox, I thought that it looked like he'd finally arrived. Then Gerrard leaves a few days later and he gets lost in the shuffle again once Gio arrived. I thought the fact he grew up and learned his trade in Holland would curry some favour with the new coaching set up, but Gio used him less than Gerrard did. Sometimes things don't work out for you, a shame really but we got a fee and Ramsey on loan instead though. Also Lowry's emergence likely hastened his exit.

Wish him all the best in the future.
He wasn't a victim of circumstance at all. Jack, Davis, Arfield have all been unavailable at points this season and he still could not get a regular game.

2 of the best midfield players Europe has produced in the last 20 years consistently did not pick him and he had a whiff of lazyness about him which will not cut any ice at Rangers.

Another Gerrard gamble that never worked. Add to Barker, Jones, Stewart and Edmundson.
Don’t think that Stewart and Edmundson were gambles to be fair.
Stewart had a lot of ability and big Geo (note spelling!) was a decent centre half who unfortunately came off the tracks.
Anyway it’s all about opinions.

At least we didn’t get conned. We knew exactly what we were getting based on the Huddersfield supporters views. He delivered exactly what they said he would do. Good in flashes but no consistency.

At Rangers there is now an unrealistic expectation on players. We are shopping in the Europa League store but the support expect everybody to be Champions League quality. Every player in the £1 to £3m bracket is a risk. Fitness, experience, temperament or inconsistency.,

The issue we have is every game we play is thst teams Cup final so they graft 100%.

We can't afford players, no matter if they have talent, to just coast and not put the hard yards (as Tom Miller likes to say) in.

Back