Juniors 6th October

Hurlford idle next Saturday as they were supposed to play us but we have the league cup final (no idea what they'll be calling it) so a change for other teams to reign them in a wee bit. May go to the Cumnock v Beith, or the Glens v Pollok to shout at Butch and Gormley.
Do not dare come near NC as a neutral,we do not want you Shawlands street fookers coming into our beautiful wee village causing havoc:p:D

Do not dare come near NC as a neutral,we do not want you Shawlands street fookers coming into our beautiful wee village causing havoc:p:D

Took you two goes to get that right :oops:

The Shawlands thing did confuse me but I thought it was an abuse a "Glasgow/weegie" thing :D

Cumnock's closer anyway ;) and they need my £6 more than the Glens

Took you two goes to get that right :oops:

The Shawlands thing did confuse me but I thought it was an abuse a "Glasgow/weegie" thing :D

Cumnock's closer anyway ;) and they need my £6 more than the Glens
Fooked up first one getting grief from good lady the Muirkirk bisom

think it was one of Loks poorer Saturday crowds to be honest
Aye, a decent shout mate. I was just meaning from the pov of watching the odd fatty waddle about like Ladeside's number 11 who to be fair had a reasonable idea and hit the post.

Hopefully the weather's kind and there'll be a good turn out for the visit of Hurlford Utd.

Aye, a decent shout mate. I was just meaning from the pov of watching the odd fatty waddle about like Ladeside's number 11 who to be fair had a reasonable idea and hit the post.

Hopefully the weather's kind and there'll be a good turn out for the visit of Hurlford Utd.

I'm torn. Hate Tony but really need to see Ford drop some points :D

Bens won 4-3 away at St Roch’s - fantastic game.

Bens 3-1 up at HT, bust up on the pitch resulting in Paul Lovering (Bens Manager) slipping over and getting pelters from the mentally challenged Roch fans.

Bens keeper gets sent off at 3-1, no replacement goalie so midfielder in goals. They score a penalty and a freekick. 3-3. Bens dug in and scored from a header late on. We were going bush and the Rochs lot were not happy. Great value for £6.

The standard can be quite bad but my favourite thing about the junior games is the 'Ultras' usually 8-12 junkies who just stand about and rehash either Rangers or Celtic songs to fit their teams whilst banging on a toy drum. Very good. The Pollok Pirates being an obvious favourite but I'm bias as that's my team. The Kilbirnie ones I really like after noticing James Dornan's advertising board just labelled him a peado.

3rd or 4th game I have been at in the last 12 months and yet to see a vicious red card. Unimpressed.

MTLN.

The standard can be quite bad but my favourite thing about the junior games is the 'Ultras' usually 8-12 junkies who just stand about and rehash either Rangers or Celtic songs to fit their teams whilst banging on a toy drum. Very good. The Pollok Pirates being an obvious favourite but I'm bias as that's my team. The Kilbirnie ones I really like after noticing James Dornan's advertising board just labelled him a peado.

3rd or 4th game I have been at in the last 12 months and yet to see a vicious red card. Unimpressed.

MTLN.
What was that about Dornan and the Kilbirnie scallies on Saturday mate? I didn't notice. I was too busy tuning into the Ladeside 'keeper getting the odd quip from a Pollok guy who I recognise but don't know his name.

What was that about Dornan and the Kilbirnie scallies on Saturday mate? I didn't notice. I was too busy tuning into the Ladeside 'keeper getting the odd quip from a Pollok guy who I recognise but don't know his name.
They just started chanting "James Dornan peadophile ohhh ohh ohh" Like how we used to do with "Glasgow celtic pead..." etc

I always stand in the covered bit at the halfway line so never really hear the patter thrown at the keepers. I did think their wee striken (No.10) looked like Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.

They just started chanting "James Dornan peadophile ohhh ohh ohh" Like how we used to do with "Glasgow celtic pead..." etc

I always stand in the covered bit at the halfway line so never really hear the patter thrown at the keepers. I did think their wee striken (No.10) looked like Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.
Right-o. Must've missed that. I dare say a few of the 'ultras' were bluenoses then?

Right-o. Must've missed that. I dare say a few of the 'ultras' were bluenoses then?
Must have been, there were singing 'we're on our way' as well... Although I don't know where they were saying they were off too.

They also sang 'If ye hate the pollok tesco clap yer hands'

Top drawer entertainment for me tbh.

Football was alright as well Pollok 9 had their 3 constantly shitting himself and was a good finish for the winner. Some of the passing is awful though and the pace is terrible!

What's the matter with Tony mate? Just don't fancy him?

Don’t know anyone with a good word to say about him. And I mean anyone. I like to think I’ve made a fair few pals in the juniors of many teams. Including committtee guys. Every single one of the ones I know cannot stand him. He’s very duplicitous.

Also a rancid Tim with the Tim mentality of never being fairly beaten - never his fault. Threw his players under the bus several ones this season. Started a message to the fans on the pollok site with “don’t blame the management” (I’m paraphrasing as I can’t be arsed checking it out). Apparently threatened folk on messageboards with legal action. Been banned from the touch line for a year (think it was reduced to 6 months).

People will think I’ve an agenda as his shorts team best talbot in the junior cup final. Admittedly that still rankles but has nothing to do with my dislike of the wee scrote.

FT Cambuslang Rangers 2 Renfrew FC 2

Renfrew robbed by a dodgy Ref. - I'm just guessing that.

Renfrew blessed by the dodgiest refereeing display I've ever seen is more like it! Cambuslang robbed by the cheating tosser ;)

At the first Renfrew goal the Cambuslang players claimed the ball had not crossed the line, the goal was given by the linesman and all hell broke loose. Said buck toothed linesmen had been in a running battle with the Cambuslang coaching staff all afternoon as he kept moving them back into the “technical area”. I believe his goal decision was payback after the Cambuslang bench had wondered aloud if he had found Shergar, as he was “ wearing its feckin teeth”!!

Both Lineman (dug-out side) and referee clearly took the nip with something the Cambuslang bench said and went on a mission to destroy their day. Some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen tbh.

Don’t know anyone with a good word to say about him. And I mean anyone. I like to think I’ve made a fair few pals in the juniors of many teams. Including committtee guys. Every single one of the ones I know cannot stand him. He’s very duplicitous.

Also a rancid Tim with the Tim mentality of never being fairly beaten - never his fault. Threw his players under the bus several ones this season. Started a message to the fans on the pollok site with “don’t blame the management” (I’m paraphrasing as I can’t be arsed checking it out). Apparently threatened folk on messageboards with legal action. Been banned from the touch line for a year (think it was reduced to 6 months).

People will think I’ve an agenda as his shorts team best talbot in the junior cup final. Admittedly that still rankles but has nothing to do with my dislike of the wee scrote.
Fair enough mate. I didn't want to preempt the Charlie thing. I must also confess that my knowledge of Pollok is somewhat minimal as they weren't the local junior team to me when I was growing up. I've been to a few of their games though and will pop along if I know there's a good game on and I'm not busy doing other things. I have hear a few murmurs of discontent regarding McInally though. He's been in the job what, five years now? Who could take over though?

I'll trust guys like you to keep me right on all matters Pollok. Cheers.

Must have been, there were singing 'we're on our way' as well... Although I don't know where they were saying they were off too.

They also sang 'If ye hate the pollok tesco clap yer hands'

Top drawer entertainment for me tbh.

Football was alright as well Pollok 9 had their 3 constantly shitting himself and was a good finish for the winner. Some of the passing is awful though and the pace is terrible!
Aye it can raise the odd laugh mate. Stuart McCann played well and took his goal well too. A decent move in the lead up.

The pitch looks full of moss and very spongy. Probably doesn't aid slick passing play though.

Fair enough mate. I didn't want to preempt the Charlie thing. I must also confess that my knowledge of Pollok is somewhat minimal as they weren't the local junior team to me when I was growing up. I've been to a few of their games though and will pop along if I know there's a good game on and I'm not busy doing other things. I have hear a few murmurs of discontent regarding McInally though. He's been in the job what, five years now? Who could take over though?

I'll trust guys like you to keep me right on all matters Pollok. Cheers.

Better asking fellow Pollok fans to keep you updated, I’m a Talbot fan :D

Kello 1 Lie 2. Lovely wee park in the sun. Players' flare up early on was the on-field highlight. Lie went 2 up & it could've been more but for home side's keeper, a fearsome bearded man who pulled off a string of great saves/blocks. Kello's #7 & #11 looked capable, but the home side couldn't put it all together till late on. A wonderful 22yard free-kick round the left of 'lie's wall into the bottom corner. Home side went for it, but couldn't find an equaliser. 'Sam', a home fan, squared up to a 70yr old visiting committee member, having decided against pursuing Jamie Gray. The return fixture could be tasty :p

Last edited:
Back