Just how far has Tav come

dekcuf

Watching a video of the journey back. Seven years ago we signed a RB that was a young player who’d never really found a home. Over a couple of years we saw a player that could hit a freekick, put in great crosses but had brain farts defending. Fast forward to now, the man is the absolute embodiment of our club. One of the best RBs in Europe (no apologies for putting him on that pedestal), a leader, a fan and a man that’s taken every low point he’s experienced and dealt with it.

I’d have no other player in world football leading us out tomorrow. He came here as a decent money signing, tomorrow he could cement his place as one of the greatest Rangers of all time.

Make us dream one more time Captain

He has been great.

"FF sake Tav", and "Tavernier penalty", have become standing jokes, but he is an absolute machine.

He is not the captain under several managers for no reason. Maybe Stevie G and Gio know a wee bit more about football than some of us.

Don't think you can really put into words how astonishing his transformation has been.

I thought he was completely done here back in March 2020 and now he might lift a European trophy tomorrow. Incredible.

From signing in the Scottish championship to captaining a side in a European final.

That is truly unreal. Regardless of the result tomorrow, Tav will eventually leave Rangers as a true legend.

There is no denying that anymore.

If we win he will join Billy McNeill, John Greig, and Willie Miller as European trophy winning captains.

I'm not saying hes the best in the world, there's not many in the world i'd swap him for.

A Rangers legend

Don't think you can really put into words how astonishing his transformation has been.
Dont think he can really put into words how astonishing his transformation has been, unless those words are "best version o myself" and/or "special".

Media Duty Generics aside, his on-pitch performances have grown and these past couple of seasons are beyond comparison really because hes hitting new heights for any player in his position.

He is a World-Class striker of the ball regardless of which League he plays in and his fitness levels are All-Elite.

There will be interest this Summer given his Europa Heroics but I see him staying and all but finishing his career with Rangers.

Watching a video of the journey back. Seven years ago we signed a RB that was a young player who’d never really found a home. Over a couple of years we saw a player that could hit a freekick, put in great crosses but had brain farts defending. Fast forward to now, the man is the absolute embodiment of our club. One of the best RBs in Europe (no apologies for putting him on that pedestal), a leader, a fan and a man that’s taken every low point he’s experienced and dealt with it.

I’d have no other player in world football leading us out tomorrow. He came here as a decent money signing, tomorrow he could cement his place as one of the greatest Rangers of all time.

Make us dream one more time Captain
Absolute credit to himself, not only his fitness levels and goals. Leads by example, never misses many games.

I’ve never thought about it like that Op,he has battled at the bottom up here and now got to a Europa league final with the pressure of wearing that arm band. There can’t be many modern day full backs with thst experience.

Today Tav cements immortal status when he lifts us the cup, likely after bagging himself a goal in the process.

He’s become an outrageously good full back. By far the best I’ve seen in a Rangers jersey and I’d wager even older bears would go along with that.

Back