Just how good is tav?

He's a modern day full back . His perfect system to maximise his abilities is in a team playing a back three . SG has stated in interviews he now with the signing of the Swede feels he can play a back three.
If he does think Tav would go to another level and absulutly terrify opposition left backs up here.

Phenomenal player for us.

The amount of older bears who don't appreciate him at all baffles me.

For a modern day full back you don't get many better.

If he left he could easily get a game for one of the top 10 clubs in the EPL.

Last edited:
The point really does need to be made: if Tierney is worth £25m, how much for Tav?

Even if you were of the opinion that Tierney represents greater potential, at 27 years old Tavernier is in his prime as a footballer, and given the consistency of his performances, last year especially, the case really should be made for him being thought of in a similar ballpark . . . at least.

After a rocky start he has taken to the responsibility of being the Rangers captain very well.

His athleticism was never in doubt but he’s a much more assured and mature player who is always a threat to the opposition.

I will be devastated if he goes and overjoyed to see him lift the league trophy.

Think last season he upped his game big time . To be honest if you stuck him in a Liverpool or City I think he wood step up another level.

Smashing player, but he's nowhere near being one of the best right backs in the world or he wouldn't be plying his trade with us. It was only a short time ago fans were wanting him hooked!

Best RB in our league by a good way.
I was one of they people that wanted him out.
But since the game at the knew camp when big Clint made it 1-1 in the last minute, he's absolutely done a 180 and proved me, and I'm sure many others, wrong. The guy is a consummate professional. If I had to pick between him and Alfie, it would be Tav all day long. And I love Morelos.

I was one of they people that wanted him out.
But since the game at the knew camp when big Clint made it 1-1 in the last minute, he's absolutely done a 180 and proved me, and I'm sure many others, wrong. The guy is a consummate professional. If I had to pick between him and Alfie, it would be Tav all day long. And I love Morelos.
I would too mate, 100%

The issue is he hasn't won anything worth talking about. I rate him he gives popadom hips a run for his money, but until he's had a consistent run over the season and won trophies at the end of it he will stay in the 6/10 million bracket

Hugely important to us, best full back in the league. He wouldn’t have the same stats down south tbh, and i wouldn’t class him as one of the best in world but he will lead us to 55

He is a fantastic player for us but makes too many unpressurised mistakes to be regarded as one of the best in the world. Cut out those mistakes and he’d play for England. No question.

Think he's great. However I always use this point when they are telling us how great Scott Brown is, how many clubs have came in with big money bids for him? Same point stands.

Cracking player my only criticism of him is that I feel he isn’t vocal enough during games, too many times you hear shagger shouting telling people what to do and I feel this is more of a captains role

Cracking player my only criticism of him is that I feel he isn’t vocal enough during games, too many times you hear shagger shouting telling people what to do and I feel this is more of a captains role

Ah, this old chestnut - the captain needs to shout a lot.

It’s 2019 and folk still think shouting is a prerequisite of captaining a football team.

I’d recommend you watch the games closer, Tavernier is always going around talking to players privately or in twos, just because he’s not running about shouting doesn’t mean a thing.

I’m not sure I’d pin McGregor for role model behaviour after he pied off the last OF game personally.

One more season, lift the league trophy then sell him to a Premier League club for a small fortune. He'll be 28 this year so just entering his prime as well.

He has become one of the best footballers in Scotland and our best RB since Ricksen; who also had a bit of a ropey start. I'm hoping the same is true of BB this season.

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Hector Bellerin are the only right backs in the UK better than Tav. Should be England's third choice.

Ah, this old chestnut - the captain needs to shout a lot.

It’s 2019 and folk still think shouting is a prerequisite of captaining a football team.

I’d recommend you watch the games closer, Tavernier is always going around talking to players privately or in twos, just because he’s not running about shouting doesn’t mean a thing.

I’m not sure I’d pin McGregor for role model behaviour after he pied off the last OF game personally.
As a matter of fact I do watch the games closely and that’s what I feel, and I don’t need you to tell me this, I’m not saying he had to shout but be vocal when players are getting unfairly booked as I don’t see him speaking to refs the way captains should be, again this forum is about opinions

Had a terrific season, best right back in Scotland last year. Could play at a higher level but hope we keep him for next season.

I just had a thought there, if tav stays another year in Scotland he will be eligible for the Scotland team I think as he has stayed in Scotland’s for 5 years, is this true
I think it is a rule
I think it's if they've went through education system, who fukin wants him playin for Scotland anyway???

I just had a thought there, if tav stays another year in Scotland he will be eligible for the Scotland team I think as he has stayed in Scotland’s for 5 years, is this true
I think it is a rule
There is an agreement with UK National squads that the player requires 5 years schooling in the country or have a Parent/Grand Parent from there.

So Tav being from England with no Scottish heritage needed to be at a Scottish school, which he never was.

I think your referring to the rule that would have made the likes of Novo aand other Non Brits eligible. Scotland along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland don't utilise such players. We could, but dont due to gentleman's agreement on it.

He's a modern day full back . His perfect system to maximise his abilities is in a team playing a back three . SG has stated in interviews he now with the signing of the Swede feels he can play a back three.
If he does think Tav would go to another level and absulutly terrify opposition left backs up here.
And if Barasic can emulate Tav on the left, things could get very interesting.

However, that would be one less spot for our million midfielders...

I was wondering if Spurs might view him as a replacement for Trippier, same type attacking RB play, and can skelp a free kick. English snobbery might have them blowing 20m on a spanish nomark tho

Consistency has been Tav's main weakness ,when he's at his best he looks brilliant going forward and in defence.
In the game against OM i thought he was MOM.

He is the best full back in Scotland by quite some distance, and I believe he would be a raving success in many clubs in the EPL, I love the guy.

Thing is, in the EPL, he wouldn’t be getting that many goals and assists.

He’s the one player I wouldn’t want us to lose but let’s get real here. He’d be available for lose change in EPL budgets but hasn’t attracted much interest from anyone beyond average teams.

If you put someone like Kyle Walker into the SPL he’d look like Pele.
But the other thing is, what full back in the EPL IS getting that many goals and assists?

And if Barasic can emulate Tav on the left, things could get very interesting.

However, that would be one less spot for our million midfielders...
Yes but allows us to play two up front ,so many permutations makes a interesting season ahead.

In today's crazy mental transfer market I'd go as far to say he is irreplaceable for the budget we would have.

What he offers us we simply can't let him go unless it is an enormous sum of money.

Tav is simply wonderful.
He is entertainment personified and a player who gets you on the end of your seat when he has the ball.
How many full-backs can you say that about?

He is also a fantastic athlete, a reliable man with real character and that is why he stands out as captain material.
The best right back at Ibrox since Sandy Jardine.
Tav was born to play for Rangers.

Did I say that he was also wonderful?

Back