Kamberi

Got a funny feeling we won't sign him permanently as much as i like him and with Defoe still with us we need someone to really push whoever the leads the line next season.

Me too - I’m a bit surprised at the negativity to be honest
i don't think people are being overly negative. i think people are sick of players coming to make up the numbers. for every position on the pitch we require maximum quality and competition. for the money he is a better signing than Lafferty, but we have also just signed Defoe up for another year. with Morelos this leaves us with 3 strikers. unless Morelos goes theres not really any room for him, in that case Morelos will be replaced and Kamberi & Defoe for back up.

All things considered he is a better option than Defoe.

However not good enough to be 2nd choice.

I don't see the point in keeping Defoe literally because we don't play to his strengths, he needs a partner up top and he is reduced to cameo roles at best due to Morelos leading the line.

We need a real direct physical option from the bench an impact player who can make a difference.

Don't get me wrong I love Defoe I'm looking at the bigger picture with regards to next season and the increase in quality we need especially from the bench.

Effort is not in question however we need first team players.

This might sound crazy but, buy someone who wants to take Kent’s spot.

That absolutely must be the aim.

No more squad players should be recruited! Current “first picks” should be the ones looking over their shoulder at potentially becoming the squad players.

From our strongest 11 in season 18/19 only arguably Aribo came in and improved us at the expense of candeias. Possibly Helander for Worral.
The rest of our new recruits were made up of mediocre squad players like jones, Barker, Ojo etc.

I don't see the point in keeping Defoe literally because we don't play to his strengths, he needs a partner up top and he is reduced to cameo roles at best due to Morelos leading the line.

We need a real direct physical option from the bench an impact player who can make a difference.

Don't get me wrong I love Defoe I'm looking at the bigger picture with regards to next season and the increase in quality we need especially from the bench.
Agree , Defoe seems a pointless signing for the system we play.

I think he did a job (of sorts) for us & I'm not ungrateful
But I really can't see much quality in him & would hope we can get better-

Of course if we could keep Alfie & Jermain & they could both find the form their capable of - I'm not sure Kamberi would ever get a game

Defoe as a lone striker has to stop, it's like having Tom Thumb up front.

I’d take him, but if we’re looking at him, Ferguson and Dykes we’re improving the squad for the second season in a row, but not the first 11.

Would take him for what Hibs paid for him, 100k. Hibs don't want him back surely, so consider It a favour. You’re welcome.

Equally surprised at the positivity of taking him , not sure what he did to warrant this?
didn't get much time for us to see, but completely changed the game at st johnstone, if it weren't for him we would have lost that game, and the europa game can't remember if it was braga or the germans he had the ball in the net. he certainly is good enough to be 3rd choice which we do need

didn't get much time for us to see, but completely changed the game at st johnstone, if it weren't for him we would have lost that game, and the europa game can't remember if it was braga or the germans he had the ball in the net. he certainly is good enough to be 3rd choice which we do need
3rd choice at a push but we don’t need another batch of squad fillers , Kamberi , Ferguson and Dykes are not what’s required to win the league.

His directness definitely helped open up defences when he came on which gave chances for other people but not clinical enough. That said, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he kicked on if he got more time to settle. I prefer 2 up top instead of Alfie being so isolated.

I’d absolutely take him.

He’s played well, he plays with a bit of smarts & flair and is a goal threat.

I don’t think he’d let you down as a backup

Have we seen enough of him to make a proper decision either way? He has shown some promise, but we have not had the chance to see completely what he could bring so far.

Effort is not in question however we need first team players.

This might sound crazy but, buy someone who wants to take Kent’s spot.
Yeah sounds crazy and if you think/hope that will happen in summer your going to be massively disappointed.

Any sign of us making his loan deal permanent in the summer?

As someone who didnt want him if it was say between him or Dykes then I would take Kamberi. Done well in games that he came on as a sub and made an impact as well so would take him as a back up option.

Back