Kane to Man city

The accusation levelled at Man City though isn't that a sugar daddy rich owner is bankrolling success. It's that the ruling regime of a nation is bankrolling success. Where does that stop? If it's ok when it's Qatar or Dubai then what's to stop any nation doing the same under a poorly disguised corporate front.
Does the DUP funding us count?

I watched The English Game at the beginning of the pandemic and it was a pile of shite. The argument you're making has been around since the time it is set in and Darwen were snatching away TJ McCall our dynamic right half of the 1890s.
Sorry mate, I understood nothing in your post and I certainly wasn't making an "argument" for anything.

It was just my misty eyed, reminiscing about days of yore :))

Showing my age but I remember fat Ronaldo going to Inter for £18m I think it was and thinking wow that’s bonkers. At least he was a phenomenal player. Kane is clearly a smashing player but I’d have had Haaland for that cash.

I remember Berkamp going to Inter for 13M and thinking that was ridiculous

Fitba's fvcked.
I've just about had it with today's so called football.
I have already paid for my ST this coming season, but it will probably be my last.
Lots of people down here that I know, supporters for years of various teams are seriously considering chucking it altogether

I don't see City as any worse than United, Chelsea, even Liverpool in terms of spending (the EPL is the 'most problematic league in the world' for this, edging La Liga) but this must put their wage structure up a peg.

I've just about had it with today's so called football.
I have already paid for my ST this coming season, but it will probably be my last.
Lots of people down here that I know, supporters for years of various teams are seriously considering chucking it altogether
Who is your team?

I don't see City as any worse than United, Chelsea, even Liverpool in terms of spending (the EPL is the 'most problematic league in the world' for this, edging La Liga) but this must put their wage structure up a peg.

Chelsea were the first to spend serious money courtesy of an oil tycoon who basically made them lottery winners. In doing so they more or less marked a paradigm shift in football transfers such was the way in which they were happy to just tell clubs to name their price for whatever player they wanted; yet they don’t get even a fraction of the grief City get. I mean that first huge hike in world transfers was more or lose down to them. I’d love to see how much money they’ve spent sacking managers alone.

Meanwhile United throw silly money around but that’s alright in spite of them being in an incredible amount of debt.

Last edited:
Seems like a good move for Kane to win tophies, and a good move for City to fill the no.9 void.

Not sure where all the "madness" is?

The club can afford it and Kane would be daft to say no.

It’s madness because he’s not even close to being worth it. You can count on one hand how many big games he’s turned up for.

It’s daft money aye, but, you see teams splashing out £50m+ for players these days all over the shop, plenty examples of flops who have gone for even more than that. If Kane scores 20+ for 5 seasons for City they’ll be happy enough, and that’s the least you’d expect from him

It’s daft money aye, but, you see teams splashing out £50m+ for players these days all over the shop, plenty examples of flops who have gone for even more than that. If Kane scores 20+ for 5 seasons for City they’ll be happy enough, and that’s the least you’d expect from him
Unless his ankles give up on him

Showing my age but I remember fat Ronaldo going to Inter for £18m I think it was and thinking wow that’s bonkers. At least he was a phenomenal player. Kane is clearly a smashing player but I’d have had Haaland for that cash.
I remember when we signed Colin Stein from Hibs for £100,000 thinking it was an absolute fortune

No point blaming the epl, it's the tv companies that have caused all this. They're just getting the best deal they can and the fact they cough up, tells you that it's very much in demand.
No point in blaming the tv companies. It’s the mugs like me who pay a fortune for this shit. I only watch a fraction of the live games they show, lucky if it’s one EPL a week, if that.

When I retire, very soon, it’s the first thing that goes.

Might actually win something in his career now.

The fee is madness but what else do you expect down there.
I don't have a problem with Man City, never have done.

But if I thought this bonkers deal was true and was the financial straw to break the camel's back down south, I'd welcome it.

We'll need to invent a new Thesauras to describe the madness going on in that league.

I am being serious though mate I wish they did do it, football in Britain and Europe would be better off without them.

We certainly wouldn’t suffer.

I was suspicious of all the outcry to the Super League from the off. Yeah it fucking stinks and those involved are a bunch of charlatans, but for me it would have been a chance for the rest of us to rebuild something better.

All those celebrating the collapse of the Super League.. what exactly have we preserved and kept worth a shit? More EFL clubs going out of business, into embargoes or with asterisks next to their names for point deductions, and leagues being buried by EPL spending like £160m on Kane.

Spurs turnover about half a billion £. You think they could do it. They couldn’t
Think his injuries seem a bit exaggerated, everyone was panicking the last time and he was back like a week later for the cup final, played the rest of the season/euros out no bother.

Had a look at injury history on transfermarkt, not that bad

Not a chance City are paying that but I do think he will end up signing for them.

He's a vastly underrated striker who is imo in the top 3 strikers in the world. He'd excel in that City team.

Ive only seen him underrated in here

In the footballing world I would not say he’s underrated

Every week on the tv the pundits are talking about how good he is

Ive only seen him underrated in here

In the footballing world I would not say he’s underrated

Every week on the tv the pundits are talking about how good he is
This is absolutely correct. Only in the mad world of FF does Kane and a great many other EPL players get called overrated, rubbish, among other things.

Meanwhile in the real world the majority of others actually in the game seem to hold very different opinions.

This place can just be a constant whining session for pretty much everything.

That's a poor argument. The market dictates what somebody is worth and footballers, like movie stars and other sports stars generate lots of money for others. As much as we all criticise footballers wages, there's very few of us who would turn it down if we were in their position. If the NHS staff want decent pay they should collectively quit and then the government would have no choice but to improve their wages.
Spot on mate .

Personally I think Haaland would be the better buy, but I can see why they might be opting for Kane.

Kane is proven in the EPL, scores goals regularly. Haaland could end up another Timo Werner, scores goals in Bundesliga, but flops in the EPL.

And they're going to spend it all on one player. What pays for their other hugely paid players and the other transfers they'll undoubtedly make? No doubt more questionable oil money being washed, ahem, I mean another "sponsorship", from their sugar daddy, sorry I mean legitimate company in Abu Dhabi, that has 50million to spend on an advertising hoarding. The whole thing going on at that club is disgusting. It's financial doping.
It's simple. Man City can in no way generate £450m turnover without their sovereign wealth fund. It is all on tick and like Chelsea their Sugar Daddy will wipe the debt rather than ever ask for it to be repaid. Grossly unfair.

Back