Katic & Itten

I’d like both back as they offer options. Longer term they may not be the fit but it’s what we have and Gio may see something he likes.

“Katic playing week in week out for a team 4 points off the top”....we are literally top.

If this is an acceptable marker, then Itten is bottom of his league.

They’re both good players, not world-beaters, but decent squad players. However, both need regular games - Itten in particular if he wants to go to the World Cup.
And we need options that don’t cost a lot of money.

They’d get enough minutes between now and the end of the season as things stand.

Kyle McClelland is almost 20, you often see footballers playing in the senior team at that age in the EPL or English Championship.

He seems to be highly rated so could be a worthy back-up CB option instead of Katic or Simpson.

We seem to have a phobia of playing academy players in our senior team.

Last edited:
Kyle McClelland is almost 20, you often see footballers playing in the senior team at that age in the EPL or English Championship.

He seems to be highly rated so could be a worth back-up CB option instead of Katic or Simpson.

We seem to have a phobia of playing academy players in our senior team.
You also often see footballers playing in youth or reserve sides at that age, our best academy centre half is out on loan testing himself at a higher level.

For what it’s worth, I’ve said a few times this season I’d have no issue with McLelland playing back up - especially as he may be needed in Europe at some point.

Katic is 25 and is probably as good as he is ever going to be and I don't think that is good enough for us.

Itten I don't think he suits our system .If GVB changes the way we play then I would probably give him another chance.

Especially when being hooked yesterday after giving a penalty away and at fault for the first goal as well.
Yup constantly hearing bring big Nico back.
He is not setting the heather on fire on loan and is unlikely to improve starting 11

I would be inclined to give Katic another chance but I just don't see it with Itten.

Doesn't seem to suit GVB's style either but I guess he can be the judge of that.

4r9qe8.jpg

Anyone know how much gametime Niko has been getting and how his fitness is coming along?

I still don’t see him as the saviour to our defensive problems though as bad as we’ve been
@bkerr72 provided an update yesterday on Katic as I asked the same question , he had a poor game for Hajduk at the weekend apparently , conceded a penalty and then lost marker at another goal and then got hooked .

@bkerr72 provided an update yesterday on Katic as I asked the same question , he had a poor game for Hajduk at the weekend apparently , conceded a penalty and then lost marker at another goal and then got hooked .

Having watched the highlights it's not clear who is to blame for the first goal (contrary to common FF opinion, not every goal has to be solely blamed on one player) and the penalty was pretty dubious, the ball hitting him on the shoulder/arm and had to go to VAR to be awarded.

He was "hooked" as Hajduk were going all out for the win hence sacrificing a defender.

I would like to see Mayo brought back from loan and the manager assess him .He seems to be doing well at Thistle. It's obviously at a lower level but it would be good to see the management at least looking at him.

Katic for me while being exactly what we need defending set pieces as he is big and brave, is not good enough with the ball at his feet. Is he better than Simpson, of course, and as we need bodies in there then I would bring him back. Itten is not good enough and for someone of his size is not particularly physical either.

Itten is scoring in the bundesliga and international games, he never let us down when he did get minutes, Morelos couldny give a fuk anymore, hopefully gio sees this and gets him back asap.

Get them both back GVB will decide if they are good enough

Katic gets better the longer he's not played!
Same as every player who is not in the team, they are deemed to be better than they are until they get a run in the team and then, the same people decide they were never good enough in the first place.

Katic switches off during a game.
He wasnt good pre injury, sell if possible in the summer.
He would be shocking in the champions league.
Itten was a slight upgrade on kamberi , again sell if possible.

Don’t get the constant writing off of Itten. Clearly a player in there. Could surely learn a bit from Roy Mackaay
Think its probably to do with his fairly appalling goal return in domestic football games this season.

2 goals. 660 minutes played

I think he could do a job for us certainly and I think it was MENTAL to let him go. But I don't think he is the answer to get us firing all of a sudden. A useful squad player, no more than that IMO.

I would like to see Mayo brought back from loan and the manager assess him .He seems to be doing well at Thistle. It's obviously at a lower level but it would be good to see the management at least looking at him.
I’d like to see that too, looks a player at that level and has always looked good in friendlies for us.

Judging off Gios press conference I can see the Mayo getting in and about the teams next season (if not brought back in January)

I’m not having anyone telling me Itten wouldn’t be as good an option as Morelos and Roofe right now

Never got a fair crack under Gerrard IMO. Would most definitely be recalling in January.

Katic needs to play every week so I’d be leaving him where he is for now

“Katic playing week in week out for a team 4 points off the top”....we are literally top.

If this is an acceptable marker, then Itten is bottom of his league.

They’re both good players, not world-beaters, but decent squad players. However, both need regular games - Itten in particular if he wants to go to the World Cup.
We have more than enough squad players, too many in fact and too many of this type are getting regular game time.
It's a downward spiral if we don't reverse this.

To be honest the 2 of them would get in my team straight away would we be worse as a team? I dont think so the 2 of them can head the ball at least and attack theit at set pieces opposed to a load of nothing yesterday.

Both players should be back on the 1st January. Katic walks into our back 4 at the moment and Itten is a far better option off the bench than Sakala.

I’m not having anyone telling me Itten wouldn’t be as good an option as Morelos and Roofe right now

Never got a fair crack under Gerrard IMO. Would most definitely be recalling in January.
Didn’t fit in with our style and we were way too stubborn to change any tactics when he came on

Itten would have chased every ball and at least have given their defenders something to defend against, Katic is very good on the physical side of the game but does lack pace.

Katic may not be good enough. Personally I still think there is a chance he is or will be good enough for us. But, whether he is or isn’t, if he couldn’t come back and walk into that team in January then he is as well to call it quits with us and move on. We are powder puff and weak at the back at the moment. If nothing else Katic won’t be bullied. At the moment, every one of our defenders is being physically bullied.

Katic needs to play every week so I’d be leaving him where he is for now

Itten wouldn't be as good an option as Morelos and Roofe right now

Itten's career total is something like 50 goals in 210 appearances - less than 1 in 4

His efforts at Rangers - 6 goals in 41 appearances (albeit many off the bench) - hardly up there with the best is it?

On the contrary, some have now written him off as being useless.
I agree, the usual effect has gone into reverse. I don't remember him being as bad as is now being said and seem to remember quite a bit of positivity going into the pre-season where he got injured.

Back