Keep Believing

ABBear1872

Bears,

Last night was embarrassing on the pitch and there is no defending it on my behalf. However, its done and there's nothing we can do about it now.

Sunday is a massive, massive game and will ask the questions of the squads mentality.

On a more optimistic note, that's our first Old firm defeat in 8, 2nd loss in 62 games. There is 42 points to play for and we are one point behind. Time to stop focusing on them and the noise in the media about how great they are. We need to take each game by game. The league is far from over.

WATP

That stat “first Old Firm defeat in 8” means nothing because that previous management team that achieved that run has departed. Who knows whether Gio would have even won any of those previous 8 games.
That's irrelevant. Its happened and we won the games. We lost last night. No point focusing on could haves or would haves.

Were in the here and now and the biggest game is on Sunday. Its a must win.

OP, I know what you're saying, but last night wasn't a one off. That's been coming and there isn't much evidence of us having the mentality to fix it. It's 1 point now, will likely be 4 points by the time we next kick off. Can Gio and our players handle that pressure? We better fucking hope so, but the warning signs are now clear as day to anyone still in denial.

That stat “first Old Firm defeat in 8” means nothing because that previous management team that achieved that run has departed. Who knows whether Gio would have even won any of those previous 8 games.

Who knows is right. He could have won all the games 5-0 but who knows. I'm getting really sick of this defeatist attitude. We mocked the scum supporters last season for it but last night has ruined a lot of our support.

OP, I know what you're saying, but last night wasn't a one off. That's been coming and there isn't much evidence of us having the mentality to fix it. It's 1 point now, will likely be 4 points by the time we next kick off. Can Gio and our players handle that pressure? We better fucking hope so, but the warning signs are now clear as day to anyone still in denial.
I completely appreciate where you are coming from.

We've come from the bottom of Scottish football to the top. We will emerge stronger from this blip. Have faith. WATP

Well here is a stat that means something
That defeat is Gios first defeat.
What the OP was trying to do is for us to remain positive as it’s all not doom and gloom.

I agree with him.

Bears,

Last night was embarrassing on the pitch and there is no defending it on my behalf. However, its done and there's nothing we can do about it now.

Sunday is a massive, massive game and will ask the questions of the squads mentality.

On a more optimistic note, that's our first Old firm defeat in 8, 2nd loss in 62 games. There is 42 points to play for and we are one point behind. Time to stop focusing on them and the noise in the media about how great they are. We need to take each game by game. The league is far from over.

WATP
I agree but some of our fearful fans won’t

Right now it’s blind faith. The only faith I can hold onto is the way that lot play will cause them to burnout by March onwards. If they maintain their current levels I struggle to see how we stop them

Sunday and how the players respond will tell us all we need to know. If they show some balls and fight we can win this league. On the other hand this team is capable of complete capitulation.

Right now it’s blind faith. The only faith I can hold onto is the way that lot play will cause them to burnout by March onwards. If they maintain their current levels I struggle to see how we stop them

Forget about them and worry about ourselves. WATP

Time to pull our socks up and get on with it. Yesterday is gone. Lots to play for and I will back them 100%. Hopefully lessons will be learned from last night and the team give us reasons to be cheerful over the next 7 days.

I never really respond to these threads, I'm the suspicious type when I see a low poster starting something that might get lots of negative responses.

However I would say, belief has to be earned and will be earned quickly again from fans if the team provide enough substance for us to believe in. Last night, right from the start, they seemed to have no belief in themselves, so that will be the first step.

Back