Keeper getting treatment off the park - what's the rule?

gers1978

Seeing the St Johnstone keeper getting treatment off the pitch there got me curious - what's the actual rule? Seems to me it should be play on with 10 men, as it would be if an outfield player was being treated off field; is it actually a different rule for keepers or is it just refs applying common sense?

Seeing the St Johnstone keeper getting treatment off the pitch there got me curious - what's the actual rule? Seems to me it should be play on with 10 men, as it would be if an outfield player was being treated off field; is it actually a different rule for keepers or is it just refs applying common sense?
Certainly no common sense in your post

Not blaming anyone or anything for anything - forget the result, even the teams involved. In fact I posted this when we were 2-1 up did I not? Simply curious as to what's the actual rule for a player (let's say outfield or keeper) being off the field getting treatment. Is it ref's discretion?

You can’t expect a team to play with no goalkeeper?

Of course not. But for no other reason than curiosity, I'm wondering if there's an actual written rule on it, or if it's left to ref's discretion to apply common sense. For some reason that seems to have got the teeth nashers out in force. I'm guessing from the replies so far that no one knows.

Of course not. But for no other reason than curiosity, I'm wondering if there's an actual written rule on it, or if it's left to ref's discretion to apply common sense. For some reason that seems to have got the teeth nashers out in force. I'm guessing from the replies so far that no one knows.
Written rule...
Can’t play without a designated goalkeeper
Apologies for the teeth nashing

Reactions: TQ3
only the keeper can stop the ball with his hands so game stops any other player going off for treatment another member the team can play there if needed till he comes back on or substituted, most diddy teams play with ten defenders in the box.

Not blaming anyone or anything for anything - forget the result, even the teams involved. In fact I posted this when we were 2-1 up did I not? Simply curious as to what's the actual rule for a player (let's say outfield or keeper) being off the field getting treatment. Is it ref's discretion?
Play stops as there must be a designated goalkeeper on the field of play at all times.

Can't believe someone actually asks this type of thing.

Please file this thread beside "what result do we need in Braga" in the folder marked Mongo.

Are you a Kevin Clancy?

OP question possibly not as daft as it looks?

In the stars now, McGregor will need treatment one week and the referee will ask an outfield player to go in until he's ready

OP question possibly not as daft as it looks?

Nah it really is just a daft question

You don't want to know what happens when two teammates are getting medical treatment at the same time!
Happened already at Ibrox this season, two defenders injured going for same ball and both treated on park, neither had to leave field of play.

As far as I recall, it was a correct response.

Happened already at Ibrox this season, two defenders injured going for same ball and both treated on park, neither had to leave field of play.

As far as I recall, it was a correct response.

BUT if only one of them is a serious injury needing treatment, the other just looked at as OK then the treated player has to go off, the other can stay on.

The rule to leave the park for treatment and continue the game doesn’t apply to goalkeepers. Thought that would be obvious to anyone with half a brain :D

Back