Keith Jackson says Alfie cost us the league cup and has he just lost us the league!

As other posters have indicated, we have a problem in that we don't appear to have anyone capable of replacing Alfie and that is not his fault!

We have the players to beat st Johnston at home ffs. We just made an arse of it.

They bottled it mate, pure and simple.

Some of them players are not fit for purpose who think they can empty the tank against Celt*c and take all the plaudits yet become terrified at the prospect of going 3 points behind Celt*c.

Our manager was quiet truthful in his interview he is learning also but some players just don't have what it takes to be a Rangers, a winner at all costs.

We will not win a trophy with this squad nor some of the so called better players in it. Sell them in the summer and get rid of this losing mentality.

He’s our best player so we would be nowhere near the league if it wasn’t for him.

On the other hand his inability to stay on the park has undoubtedly cost us a chance of the league and the league cup. Say what you want about refs but anybody who says he isn’t at least giving them the opportunity to send him off is lying to themself.

If we can't beat St Johnstone at home with the motivation of keeping league hopes alive without Morelos, thats more of the other players in the teams fault, not Morelos.

More than enough quality to beat these teams, just no one up for taking responsibility when the best player in the team isn't there. Give the ball to Kent or hoof long balls to a striker the same size as Ronnie Corbett.

It's not unfair to say that Morelos' discipline problems have cost us this season. Equally, some blame has to be put at the feet of the manager for making us too reliant on him. Plus I genuinely don't think we'd be in the top 4 right now if it wasn't for Alfredo.

I see the SMSM isn’t getting any better.

Alfie hasn’t “cost” us anything. His absence has hurt us. He gets involved when perhaps he shouldn't but there is absolutely no doubt that he is refereed to a different standard to any other player and referees are definitely being influenced by a biased and corrupt media to book/send him off at any and every opportunity. His absence is felt more keenly when the rest of the team fail to rise to the occasion.

Our players get torn into from the opposition and are not allowed to give it back. In contrast that mob get away with getting torn in and cards are fished out when teams do it to them.

No, the cheating refs, Catholic Officer and pro-mentally challenged mhedia have denied us the league cup and are costing us in the league.

Are you serious?
Gerrard has taken us on a great European run and we have beaten Celtic for the first time in almost 7 years. We are still only 8 points behind in February when previously our chances of the title were over before Halloween. Last season we had managers goading our fans with aeroplane celebrations I don't see that happening now.
If it's not going to end well who do you suggest that'll come in and do a better job than Gerrard.
Yes I am being serious as far as a manager to replace SG I am not looking for him to be replaced but he has to learn from his mistakes and personally I don't think he has . Let's not kid ourselves on any other manager would be getting pelters for some of the displays we have had this season
Are you serious?
Gerrard has taken us on a great European run and we have beaten Celtic for the first time in almost 7 years. We are still only 8 points behind in February when previously our chances of the title were over before Halloween. Last season we had managers goading our fans with aeroplane celebrations I don't see that happening now.
If it's not going to end well who do you suggest that'll come in and do a better job than Gerrard.
Yes I am being serious and as for another manager to replace SG I am not looking for that I like every fan what the management team to succeed.
But he has to shoulder some of the blame for points dropped. Let's be honest we all can see Defoe can't lead the line alone now the manager has played alongside him enough so why continue to with it .

I agree with him to a certain extent.

Morelos has missed too many games this season - he should never have been involved in that shite at Aberdeen, he had his CB skelped just leave it at that.

If it wasn't for Alfredo we would be struggling majorly for 2nd, that's the cold heart facts.

We have about 10 CM'S and barely one who has a creative bone in their body.

Wingers who are just far too inconsistent and some players who are struggling to adjust.

Some like me might say Refs and the compliance officer has given the Fhilth the league by doing their job inconsistently.

If our players had pla
We can’t overlook his petulance because of what he’s done for us his this season.

Let’s be honest, had he played in the 4 or 5 games he’s missed we’d be far closer to the scum (and quite possibly above them).

Not having a go, I love the wee guy. But that’s just the truth of it.
yed in those games instead of going missing we wouldn't be in this position.

I hate these absolute bellends. Alfie has not cost us anything. He’s kept us in it or we would be in 4th place.
In this league, with this team, we should not be relying on one person to win ya every game. The other players should be stepping up to the mark.
If Alfie was like every other striker in the country, we would of probably of missed him for a few games here and there through injury, luckily he is unbreakable.

FFS we should be able to rest Alfredo against the dross like St Johnstone and still tank them.

Without dissecting every booking and red card he has received to see what ones were justified or not, we have undoubtedly dropped more points than if he had played every game. To say otherwise is kidding yourself on.

That being said we should be able to beat teams like Dundee and St Johnstone without him, so that's hardly his fault.

Key points here

1) He didn’t deserve to be red carded, just as he didn’t deserve to be red carded at Pittodrie the first time round.

2) Not being able to beat the likes of St Johnstone and Kilmarnock without Morelos is as pathetic as it is depressing

3) Point 2 falls on the manager. If anyone has cost us, it’s Gerrard.

No Alfie hasn't cost us.
The agenda of the press and media who set the narrative for how officials react in games involving Rangers and The Filth have probably ensured that we cannot compete for trophies this season.
We don't just need to be as good or better, we must be enough points better to live with the fact that we get officiated to a different level.
I’ve made a similar point in the past, we simply need to do enough to win two games in every game we play. The narrative was clear from early in the season as we were pegged back quickly with ridiculous sending off’s which cost points and which were then rescinded. Fast forward recent events where not stamping on someone’s bollox is a red and where kicking someone clean in the coupon with your boot 6 foot in the air is fair game. We as a team are undoubtedly officiated to a different standard but Morelos is both reported on and officiated to a level even beyond that. Broon has now put in a handful of challenges this season all of which have been potential leg breakers. Show me the headlines and oh, what was he sent off for? And when did it happen?

I actually cringe at times when I read some of the stuff our own fans post on here in tacit support of some of this nonsense.

This article coming from Scott browns butt boy Jackson. Maybe he could have also put down that if the ref had done his job properly then Brown wouldn,t have been on the pitch to score the goal.or if the ref had done his job properly in the hubs, Celtic game Brown wouldn,t have been playing.but Do an,t fit the agenda.

"if it wasn't for Morelos" as a point is weak as piss.

if it wasn't for him....we would have sold him and bought another player.... we would have used his wages on another player....we would have accepted we didn't have our first choice forward and bought another.

We consciously took the decision to retain him, reup his contract and keep him on the books - there would be other alterative reality "if it wasn't for Morelos"

As others have said. The big problem is we are too reliant on him.

He can carry his share of the blame for not being able to keep his petulance in check and he's contributed more than anyone to his reputation and targeting because he has never learned yet to just walk away from incidents. The number of utterly meaningless and pointless moments in games where he's been done for remonstrating and getting fired up unnecessarily is ridiculous.

With all that said, when we can't muster up a victory against St Johnstone at home without him and look as toothless as we do, the problems lie elsewhere.

He's been told all season to calm down I do feel he has let Gerrard down to a degree but I still feel we should manage games if the correct squad is picked without him.

We need him on the field,and to stay on the field.When he is not available it definitely costs us
valuable points.

So, self confessed Smelltic fan and chief sports editor at the country's largest( circulation) red top is having another dig at el Buf. Surprise surprise.
Ffs, talk about journalism to deflect. No indepth analysis of the lego muncher's continued unpunished thuggery. That would not do.
Previously I was never one to buy into the institutionalised Rangers hating by the Record and BBC, but by Christ, it seems I was wrong. I'm glad I've not bought the rag in a long time now, and will never do so again.
Proper journalism, and sports journalism in particular are now tawdry imitations of what they used to be. Crampsie, Sanderson and McIvanney must be fuckin spinning in their graves.

One thing about Alfie which is often forgotten - he is never injured. I reckon most strikers in the league will miss more games than him despite the suspensions. We've no real need to restrict him too much in terms of playing the way he plays - the return we get is splendid and long may it continue.

The lad loves playing so suspensions will definitely hurt him and because of that I think he will find his own level of control.

Jackson - Fuck him!

I guess him missing games has lost us a lot of points but he is also the only reason it was a discussion. Not having a good enough backup or playing our back up in a system not suited to them is the problem. You can't win a league by pinning your hopes on one player.

The failure to sign a decent backup striker has cost us far more than any Morelos red cards.

You can’t go an entire season with only one primary goal scorer in your team and expect to win the league.

He's been told all season to calm down I do feel he has let Gerrard down to a degree but I still feel we should manage games if the correct squad is picked without him.

"he has been told to Calm down"

I see others doing the same things Alfie does without any repercussions at all for them but somehow Alfie has gone according to the media from this mild-mannered guy with zero red cards to a crazy hothead & that to me makes no sense at all.

Yes Scotland is corrupt to the core in regards officials, influence, etc but Alfie hasnt helped himself 1 fucking bit in all this.

His behaviour has been absolutely ridiculous at times and why the %^*& it hasnt been drummed into him he has to change is beyond me. He isnt above criticism here and some fans need to wake the %^*& up and realise this.

If SG keeps defending him he then has to come up with a system with the players at his disposal to produce results due to Alfies absence.

Im not singling out Morelos here but merely stating the obvious.

The whole team have to pull their weight and I really fear Alfie leaving in the summer.
He has been treated with a different rule book up here.

Aye, he missed 9 months of his career because of it and retired at 31, what’s your point?

The point is Alfie is subjected to a witch hunt by our media. How could he comes here without a single Red and the full praise of the head of the Finnish Refs who described him as a Gentleman and then suddenly sign Alfie for us and we are meant to believe the media that

he has issues
he has emotional problems
He's a hot head

All issues he appears to developed since signing for us then!

Its a crock of shit the way he has been treated by the media and others behave worse than I've ever seen Alfie and never get the media abuse he does.

Back