Kemar Roofe - First Choice ?

I’ll get slaughtered for this, but I I reckon Clement will start him on Saturday.

No other reason for having him sitting in cotton wool while Dessers continues to misfire.

I’ll get slaughtered for this, but I I reckon Clement will start him on Saturday.

No other reason for having him sitting in cotton wool while Dessers continues to misfire.
No chance! Dessers is a poor player but can bring a good performance out of the bag every now and then. And can sometimes score. Even when Roofe was fit he has barely kicked a ball against them since we won the league in 2021.

I’d be absolutely stunned if Roofe was to start tomorrow.

Anytime he has played recently he has looked awful.

Not that Dessers has been great but he at least has a really good work rate. Every game against them this season he has had really good chances to score, and should have at Ibrox were it not for a dodgy VAR call.

Though I will admit our options in all forward areas are extremely poor for tomorrow and need significant improvement in the close season.

Not that Dessers has been great but he at least has a really good work rate. Every game against them this season he has had really good chances to score, and should have at Ibrox were it not for a dodgy VAR call.

Though I will admit our options in all forward areas are extremely poor for tomorrow and need significant improvement in the close season.

I'm not pulling thisd from nowhere.

I think (hope) Clement recognises that something significant has to change in the dynamic of Us v Celtic, that's what makes me think he will play a wildcard. Midfield is too critical, and he has nothing to lose when it comes to Dessers.

It's the only reason I can think of that Roofe hasn't been getting minutes outwith training.

Classic all-or-nothing scenario.

Far from ideal, but that's exactly where we are.

I'm not pulling thisd from nowhere.

I think (hope) Clement recognises that something significant has to change in the dynamic of Us v Celtic, that's what makes me think he will play a wildcard. Midfield is too critical, and he has nothing to lose when it comes to Dessers.

It's the only reason I can think of that Roofe hasn't been getting minutes outwith training.

Classic all-or-nothing scenario.

Far from ideal, but that's exactly where we are.
Surely the obvious reason is probably the right one here mate, that the reason Roofe hasn’t been getting minutes is because he was honking when he did get minutes.

If you were preparing to play a guy from the start who was out injured long term then surely you get him ready by gradually increasing his minutes?

Obviously anything could happen and I’ve no inside knowledge whatsoever , but I genuinely would be staggered if he started Roofe

Last edited:
Surely the obvious reason is probably the right one here mate, that the reason Toofe hasn’t been getting minutes is because he was honking when he did get minutes.

If you were preparing to play a guy from the start who was put injured long term then surely you get him ready by gradually increasing his minutes?

Obviously anything could happen and I’ve no inside knowledge whatsoever , but I genuinely would be staggered if he started Roofe
Of course, logically, your right.

I’m just absolutely desperate to see something different on Saturday.

He's just a big IF. What isn't an 'if' is I will be absolutely buzzing to see the back of him and seeing his huge wages go towards players that aren't absolute cripples.

No chance. He was useless at Dundee.

Not sure the management are overly keen on him given he has barely featured and didn’t get off the bench at the weekend

Don’t think he has chucked it but he’s had that many secondary injuries and we just expect him to be injured then getting up to speed, then repeat.

Mentally this must take its toll, don’t expect him to start tomorrow, he will be gone soon.

Unfortunately doubt Clement will go anywhere near him; despite how bad Dessers can be in front of goal. Might come on as a sub depending how much we need him; Dessers badly needs a goal against them

You know that it was Roofe that scored the goal that was disallowed by VAR and not Dessers, don’t you?

Really struggling to remember if he was ever seen as our first choice striker. Missed so many games through injury has made it harder to recall for me. I think he is an excellent finisher and works very hard for the team . I have no recollection of him playing say 10 or 12 games in a row.

He played as the right sided “10” a lot in his first season and was a massive reason we won the league that year.

His first season with us he actually played quite a lot and his injuries were very minor.

It’s only been the last 2 seasons that his injuries had become an absolute joke. Before then he was available far more than not.

Don’t think he will start at all. Dessers up front to chase everything hopefully.

Roofe has had his time with us and he did help secure 55.

His times now up. Recurrence of injury’s and secondary injuries through that we cannot depend on him.

It might be as close to a Walter-esque curveball as we get. I wouldn't mind if he did start, he has scored against this lot before including earlier this season (wrongly disallowed).

It might be as close to a Walter-esque curveball as we get. I wouldn't mind if he did start, he has scored against this lot before including earlier this season (wrongly disallowed).

Starting Roofe in this game would be absolutely bat shit mental which is why I don't think there's a hope in hell it'll happen.

The mentally challengeds will come flying out the blocks tomorrow and Roofe doesn't have the fitness, sharpness or physicality to deal with it. Dessers, as much as I have issues with him, is the only realistic candidate to start the match.

If the game is close/level with 25/20 minutes to go then I'd be all for Roofe coming on as a sub but that's about all he's good for these days unfortunately.

Continues to misfire????

In the last couple of weeks he's scored our winner in Paisley and the 2 goals that put us in the Scottish Cup Final.

Sure, he's far from perfect and will miss some chances, but he's got 20 goals for the season and has the ability to regularly get into goal scoring positions.

He also gave Vickers a seriously uncomfortable afternoon at Ibrox in the last game, with his movement.

Roofe won't be starting today, nor should he.

Back