Kemar Roofe - Jamaica World Cup Squad

I still can't believe Demarai Gray went for £2.7m. Crazy low fee.
I can't believe he went to Leverkusen, great move for him as I had him pegged for a Brighton or someone similar

Always struck me as one of those wingers who's probably a good technical dribbler but has nothing about him to really make an impact in a game. Compared to a boy like Harvey Barnes who is maybe a bit less flashy but more direct with his dribbling and always makes an impact any time I've seen him play

I can't believe he went to Leverkusen, great move for him as I had him pegged for a Brighton or someone similar

Always struck me as one of those wingers who's probably a good technical dribbler but has nothing about him to really make an impact in a game. Compared to a boy like Harvey Barnes who is maybe a bit less flashy but more direct with his dribbling and always makes an impact any time I've seen him play

Yeah I’d agree. Still, for a few million he’d have tore it up in the SPFL.

1/3 the price of Kent but not 1/3 as good.

Did Jamaica stop the practice of playing players who were not born in the country? I'm thinking back to their one and only World cup finals appearance in France when Deon Burton, Frank Sinclair, Robbie Earle, Fitzroy Simpson and a host of other English born players represented Jamaica. I thought they were good for the tournament. Players you'd actually heard of plus the enthusiasm of their supporters.

Good luck to Jamaica.
Other countries do the same thing.
That is why international football is rather ridiculous.
The first thing a lot of international footballers have to do is learn the national anthem and to recognise the flag of the country they are representing.
Most of them never learn the language.
At least the 'new' Jamaicans won't have that problem. :D

Legend has it that when Mick McCarthy lined up for his Republic of Ireland debut he remarked to the player next to him in his broad Yorkshire accent that the opponents had a shite national anthem.
Only to be told by the born and bred player beside him " That's our Anthem". :))

Back