Kemar Roofe - Scan required, missing for the ‘short term’

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Scan needed on his calf according
to Gerrard post match.

Fucking wonderful.

This is the injury that Roofe has been struggling with for a few years now. Hard to be optimistic about the chances of seeing much of him if his past record in recovering from calf issues is anything to go by.

Naive? Maybe he didn't want to inform our opponents about our likely team.
What a bizarre reason to suggest that’s the case?

It’s just annoying when you’ve been told that it’s very possible he can make the weekend, the game arrives and he’s not even on the bench and then it’s explained after that he’s actually not going to be available for the next few weeks.

So he says that Friday morning and then the physio team etc decide later that day Roofe goes for a scan?
I don’t know the timeline involved as I don’t work with Rangers first team squad so I ca’t comment. Maybe you do so you can.

Naive for the gaffer to say he might be available for weekend and now says this post match.

If it was dependant on a scan then why come out and say he might be available? Totally needless.

He said both the medical team and Roofe felt it was just tightness and he was taken off on Thursday as a precaution however after further assessment here a scan is required.

I don’t know the timeline involved as I don’t work with Rangers first team squad so I ca’t comment. Maybe you do so you can.
Well if you aren’t involved then why are you suggesting a reason?

I’m not saying I know either but it’s quite frustrating when you are told a player might make the upcoming game in a few days and then it transpires that he will now miss the next few games. It’s Aribo all over again.

Leeds forums... after what happened against Imps, are full of... 'better get used ot it!'
Great player, but never off the treatment table.Same with his loan move.

So why does Gerrard risk him on such a crappy surface, when he didn't need to?

We should have had reserves that could of buried this team!!
Or trusted our 3 million asset Cedric Itten??

What a bizarre reason to suggest that’s the case?

It’s just annoying when you’ve been told that it’s very possible he can make the weekend, the game arrives and he’s not even on the bench and then it’s explained after that he’s actually not going to be available for the next few weeks.

Annoying is it?

You'd rather he updated you precisely on who's available rather than try to muddy the waters with our opponents on our potential team selection?

He said both the medical team and Roofe felt it was just tightness and he was taken off on Thursday as a precaution however after further assessment here a scan is required.

Gerrard is known for shall we say ...for 'bending the truth' when it comes to these matters!

The scan has been done which is why it’s flagged something else up - which happens, but don’t get our hopes up and say he might be fit then say he might miss the next few games instead.

Or even better, explain why he had originally said he might be okay and then he wound up getting a scan?

I've resigned myself we won't see him this side of the celtic game now. Nothing ever seems 'short term' for us when it comes to injuries.

Annoying is it?

You'd rather he updated you precisely on who's available rather than try to muddy the waters with our opponents on our potential team selection?
You’re totally clutching as straws here mate.

Gerrard has named players - who have been injured - available for selection countless times pre-match.

Surely it would be more logical to not even mention who was available in the first place rather than saying player x is available if he was trying to catch Hibs out?

You’re totally clutching as straws here mate.

Gerrard has named players - who have been injured - available for selection countless times pre-match.

Surely it would be more logical to not even mention who was available in the first place rather than saying player x is available if he was trying to catch Hibs out?

What difference does it make if we as fans know or not? It does make a difference to how the opposition prepare though.

Its you that naive here to be honest.

Tbh i fear the worst with roofe and have done from the start with our outlay paid for him his injury record is a masive concern. Games like today we needs our big players on the pitch

What difference does it make if we as fans know or not? It does make a difference to how the opposition prepare though.

Its you that naive here to be honest.
It’s not essential but as I’ve already said, he gets asked who is available for games and he always answers.

I don’t subscribe to Gerrard trying to trick Hibs into thinking Roofe was going to make it.

Do we have a clue about keeping our players fit? It’s beyond bad luck now.

Its been the same for years now. Should get the NHS to sponsor us. Every player gets an ambulance to drive around in, apart from McGregor. He gets a fire engine.

6th First Team "starter" we have lost this season with not a Tackle in sight !

Serious questions need asked of the Training routines being done during week, then the actual warm ups - it cannot be right that players with known issues do same ~"doggies" as rest of team before a game.

I thought we had moved forward to a more Professional backroom set up - Sadly we seem to simply lurch from one set of "Quacks" to the next.

Back