Kemar Roofe

Oh I know what you/Beale meant but I just think phrasing it like that is a bit of seeking the best of worlds by mixing and matching the numbers. Maybe be more accurate to say how many of his 26 goals came in the 34 games he started? I have no Idea by the way and can’t be bothered checking. I’m not seeking to diminish Roofe’s numbers, but either include all the appearances or only include the goals from starts if that’s the figure you use.
I didn't look into it as hard as that starts for me just give you a better way of reading it as he may only come on for 15 minutes at the end in some games.
Basically copied what Beale said :))

It’s early days but I don’t think Sakala looks like much of a player. He’s got pace, which I dont even think he gets the most out of, and little else. Again early days, but I wouldn’t be looking at him as a starter unless maybe we find ourselves with more space in a Europa League game.
We`ll have to wait and see. You don`t score 31 goals in 102 games (assisting 10 more) in the Belgian top tier if ain`t a bit of a player.

A player with a great deal of natural talent, and with the awareness to match. The real deal.

Oh I know what you/Beale meant but I just think phrasing it like that is a bit of seeking the best of worlds by mixing and matching the numbers. Maybe be more accurate to say how many of his 26 goals came in the 34 games he started? I have no Idea by the way and can’t be bothered checking. I’m not seeking to diminish Roofe’s numbers, but either include all the appearances or only include the goals from starts if that’s the figure you use.
I think he’s just done it like that to emphasise how good Roofe’s numbers are. Like you I can’t be bothered checking but even if it were an average of 30 mins per substitute appearance (which I reckon will be an over estimate) that would be 480 mins or roughly 5 games off the bench. 26 in less than the equivalent of 40 games of minutes for a guy who isn’t playing as our centre forward is some return. If we can keep him fit he’s going to be spectacular.

Thought today was one of his better overall performances tbh I don’t believe he has been in generally good form but he has the key ingredient and can play better so upwards and onwards KR and Rangers
His movement is tremendous, not something that was obvious watching games remotely last season.
If your at a game spend a few moments watching him off the ball.

I just had a quick look and it appears to be 27 goals in 54 games.

Quite a remarkable return considering;

a) all of those appearances aren't 90 minutes
b) being in and out at times with injuries last season
c) probably played more wide than he has centrally
and finally
d) has only hit 3 of the 20 penalties between last season and this season (for reference, Tav hit 12, scored 10. Borna hit 4, scored 3 and Itten hit 1 and scored 1.)

Having a 1 in 2 record with all of the above is quite remarkable and we've still to really hit our stride. He's a really top player who I imagine won't be with us long if he's over his injury worries.

I also believe he hasn't played in a league game where we've lost but happy to be corrected if that's not true.

Mon the Roofe!

Back