Kenny McLean

But he is a rangers man…sorry but I could run the fucking transfer dept at Rangers if this is the fucktastrophy we are coming up with.

Young players, something about them, sell on possibilities. We are heading back to when big eck had team with some wild transfers.

Davis retiring & McLean coming in would improve the squad.
I’m guessing (if it’s true) that’s the thinking.

It’s not a massive improvement but there’s probably more seasons in McLean than Davis without a drop in quality.

Every signing can’t be big-budget first-teamers, we’ll need squad players too, so I’m not hugely against this if the money is acceptable.

We're potentially losing a lot of home grown players in the summer.

What actually happens when you don't meet the quota? I assume you lose out on the amount of players you can register?
You can only register 17 players that aren’t homegrown.

We currently have they 17, plus 4 nation trained and 2 club trained, as it stands we are losing 2 nation trained and 1 club trained.

Would leave us with a euro squad of 20.

I don’t think we are genuinely interested in Maclean, would suggest to me that one of Arfield or Jack aren’t getting an extension, which I think is unlikely.

Last edited:
If Jack stays we’re replacing one injury prone ex-Sheep bevvy merchant for another.

Takes us no further forward.

If he stays we could be starting season 23/24 with Aberdeen’s central midfield pairing from 2014.

Absolutely fucked.

I’m guessing (if it’s true) that’s the thinking.

It’s not a massive improvement but there’s probably more seasons in McLean than Davis without a drop in quality.

Every signing can’t be big-budget first-teamers, we’ll need squad players too, so I’m not hugely against this if the money is acceptable.
If he can play more games per season than Ryan Jack then he’s definitely an upgrade even if we do get him for nothing. Quite a lot of snobbery in our support if he was Italian or Croatian the same lot would be happy with him.

We're potentially losing a lot of home grown players in the summer.

What actually happens when you don't meet the quota? I assume you lose out on the amount of players you can register?

I think so.

You need minimum 4 club trained, 4 trained at other clubs in Scotland between the ages of 16-21.

I don't think he would be a bad signing.

I still hope we still go & get a quality starter for midfield.

As a replacement for Davis & Arfield he will be fine.

Why not spend a bit of money and get Connor Barron. He’d not exactly break the bank and he’s not got a history of knee injuries, over 30.

Back